End of Season DVD?

Guest BooBoo

Guest BooBoo

They really should have released a DVD of the season from mid February onwards. Was excruciating up until then.

Got the 2005-6 one off EBAY the other week.  Loads of good memories

Yeah, like not scoring in our first 4 games, then going 12 games without a win or whatever.

Yes they were the ones I was thinking of.  i've just reappraised the season though and stumbled upon Shearer's testimonial, qualifying for Europe and beating the Mackem's 4-1.  How wrong I was. 

The box says it lasts 120 minutes (which I thought wasn't long enough) and it was only 90 minutes. Very brief with some matches like Everton away and they didn't even show Best's disallowed goal vs Arsenal. It isn't rubbish because it'll get a fair few views from me....but it should've been a lot better.

Guest BooBoo

I was disapointed with it tbh. No interviews or nowt, also naff game footage, especially in the 5-1 game when they drown out the crowd for some reason. Ah well, another £15.99 in Mr Ashleys back pocket.

Sounds about right, they churn out these DVDs with absolutely no care. My brother got the 5-1 game earlier in the year on disc and there's nothing else on the game. With a bit of care it could have included some post match analysis, interviews or vox pops with the fans. Nowt though.

The box says it lasts 120 minutes (which I thought wasn't long enough) and it was only 90 minutes. Very brief with some matches like Everton away and they didn't even show Best's disallowed goal vs Arsenal. It isn't rubbish because it'll get a fair few views from me....but it should've been a lot better.

Aye it's not rubbish, just disapointing. Not a patch on Flying High!

I was disapointed with it tbh. No interviews or nowt, also naff game footage, especially in the 5-1 game when they drown out the crowd for some reason. Ah well, another £15.99 in Mr Ashleys back pocket.

Sounds about right, they churn out these DVDs with absolutely no care. My brother got the 5-1 game earlier in the year on disc and there's nothing else on the game. With a bit of care it could have included some post match analysis, interviews or vox pops with the fans. Nowt though.

Aye. A good build up to the game would have been nice, too.

Guest BooBoo

One of the few end of season videos that tried something different was the one from around 1998 called "The Toon".

Haha, I remember one of those where John Burridge as goalkeeping coach was coaching Brad Friedel when he was on trial and a line he used to describe him was, "People say he's a clown. He's not a clown, he's an agile gymnast". :lol:

Yes! :lol:

I loved the "At home with the Venison's" section, which was basically 10 minutes of Barry running rings around his kids in the back garden.

Guest BooBoo

At Home with the Venison's! :lol:

We've missed a trick this year, could have had "Keeping up with the Coloccini's" as a DVD extra.

Guest Geordiesned

Just watching Mackem match now. What the fuck's going on with the crowd noise?

Plus no interviews, several major incidents not included (the Nolan non-pen at Everton being one) and no extras. Fucking amateurish production.

• 2 weeks later...

Arrived in the post today and given it a watch. Certainly the worst made DVD of the last 10 years we've had. Usually a fair few interviews throughout, usually some decent extras worth a watch, absolutely nothing on this. lots of key highlights missed out as well, notably the ones already mentioned in here. The opening clip and end clip were exactly the same as well, showing the good goals.

Very little effort put into this, which probably explains why its a bit cheaper than they were a few years ago (from memory - not 100%)

Arrived in the post today and given it a watch. Certainly the worst made DVD of the last 10 years we've had. Usually a fair few interviews throughout, usually some decent extras worth a watch, absolutely nothing on this. lots of key highlights missed out as well, notably the ones already mentioned in here. The opening clip and end clip were exactly the same as well, showing the good goals.

Very little effort put into this, which probably explains why its a bit cheaper than they were a few years ago (from memory - not 100%)

Bit cheaper!? I payed £16 bastard quid for this shit :lol:.

Watched it the other day, got it online for around £10. Could have been so much more but I thought it was OK for a simple recap of the games. First one I've bought, not sure I would buy another one unless it's a really special season.

Bit cheaper!? I payed £16 b****** quid for this s*** :lol:.

Me, too. I haven't watched it yet. Now,  i don't want to.