End of Season DVD?

Guest BooBoo

Just been looking through my cupboards as I fancied watching some old football DVDS while im off work this week.

Looks like my fucking ex-wife has taken / binned my collection. Flying High was especially good - quality memories following NUFC that season.

Guest BooBoo

Would like to get this but I'm loathe to pay anything for a product clearly churned out in such a care free manner.

Same reason I've not bought a newcatle shirt in years.

The 01-02 DVD isn't as good as it should be. The following season's is much better with longer highlights and proper commentary and that, but the football's not as good. They should do an extended one for that season, tbh.

It is, but then it ends like: and Newcastle United march on towards the Champions League. Who will they face? Barcelona? Real Madrid perhaps? We'll all find out next seas--PARTIZAN'D.

02-03 is actually a very decent watch.

:lol: You mean that one where we finished 3rd? You're joking.

:lol:

I mean the general production value, the interviews are good and that. Obviously the fact the team was pretty class made it canny too  :lol:

Can even remember being proper gutted when they dumped us out of the UEFA/Cup Winner's Cup (can't remember which). Can remember, like it was yesterday, Ketsbaia having a golden opportunity midway through the second half which would've put us 3-2 up on aggregate. Think he passed it instead of shooting, or summat.

So is this season's worth getting or not then? I fancy buying it as I have the rest of them back to 01-02.

Still think it's a shame they never released ones for 06-07 and 07-08. We had a good trek through Europe and Le Sib was a beast.

So is this season's worth getting or not then? I fancy buying it as I have the rest of them back to 01-02.

Still think it's a shame they never released ones for 06-07 and 07-08. We had a good trek through Europe and Le Sib was a beast.

Yeh,  just don't expect anything more than brief highlights of the matches and the odd post-match interview. Your expectations are probably pretty low now as  well so it may even be better than you expect

Also, I don't like how the voice over guy almost says what happens before the match, and how the match shows the score at the start of the highlights. I'd like to think if I was for some reason out of touch for a season, I'd be able to watch it without being told what's gunna happen.

Just watched it again (to get me moneys worth and that) and it really is tacky as fuck like. Made me realise as well how much of a risk this buying French strategy is. I'm fully behind it, but it's clear we had lads who the club really meant something too playing for us in the last 2 years.

Haha, I remember one of those where John Burridge as goalkeeping coach was coaching Brad Friedel when he was on trial and a line he used to describe him was, "People say he's a clown. He's not a clown, he's an agile gymnast". :lol:

Yes! :lol:

I loved the "At home with the Venison's" section, which was basically 10 minutes of Barry running rings around his kids in the back garden.

Hahaha yeah, with his son having an identical haircut and I think he was wearing a USA shirt from his international debut which went down to his ankles. :lol: