Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

The funniest thing is...England are SHITE!

This is what I don't understand.  If England were dominating football at international level I could see why all these players cost so much, but they're average.  Million miles off the likes of Spain and Brazil.

If anything it's a negative thing on the English game.  These ridiculous prices are putting far too much pressure on young, inexperienced lads from day 1, and if they don't do the business from the off their confidence is shot and the press turn on them.

More English players should play abroad, it would do them the world of good.

Would you move your family abroad to work for less money?

They stay because the English clubs pay the big money.

Why bother though? there is no financial incentive for English players to move abroad at all and unfortunately that is all most players are interested in, this added with the constant hyping of the "best league in the world" its little wonder most young English players have an inflated ego. Not to mention most footballers would probably do well to pick out the other European countries on a map.

Liverpool bid £5m for Clichy, I know he's not been too good as of late but if you are paying £16m for Henderson you can pay a lot more than that!  :lol: :lol:

were I wenger I'd still think of accepting it or getting a price both parties can agree to

Double it and we'll talk, then offer £10m for Baines and hope I think.

£10m?!

We're not a fucking charity shop :lol:

Liverpool bid £5m for Clichy, I know he's not been too good as of late but if you are paying £16m for Henderson you can pay a lot more than that!  :lol: :lol:

were I wenger I'd still think of accepting it or getting a price both parties can agree to

£10m?!

You reckon Baines is worth more than half Henderson cost?

Idiot!

£10m?!

I think it would get you thinking though, you need the cash, could maybe cash in and would probably go for Warnock or something. I reckon £14m we could get him, but we'd probably go French and cheaper.

If Henderson going for £20m is the benchmark this summer then Baines is worth more. Much better footballer. I'd even wager that Baines would be a better CM than Henderson is right now.

£10m?!

We're not a f***ing charity shop :lol:

I think it would get you thinking though, you need the cash, could maybe cash in and would probably go for Warnock or something. I reckon £14m we could get him, but we'd probably go French and cheaper.

Absolutely no chance for those kind of figures. His market value is £20m+ and Arsenal don't pay the going rate for established players. You tried & failed to buy Jags this time last year for some daft offer like £12m.

Besides all that, I don't forsee Baines going anywhere anyway. He doesn't want to leave the area full stop.

Caulkin reckons Liverpool are in for Connor Whickham.

No surprise, I posted this in the Parky thread.

if they get Hendo & then Wickham they will have lot of good young English players in there ranks of course not all of them will make it to the top.

Liverpool players picked for England 'U' teams last season, used Wiki as the TheFA site is s**** compared to what it used to be.

U16's

David Moli (picked for U17s as well)

U17's

Tyrell Belford, Matthew Regan,Brad Smith, Raheem Sterling,Jack Dunn, Adam Morgan & Jordan Lussey

U18's

Jack Robinson,Conor Coady & Conor Thomas

U21's

Martin Kelly,Jay Spearing & Andy Carroll

Kenny D & the owners clearly want the best of English coming through the ranks.

Ryan Bertrand Chelsea £7m

Jack Cork Chelsea £5m

Tom Cleverley Manchester United £10m

Danny Rose Tottenham £5m

They above must/have to be way off.

Logically, yes. But then again, Jordan Henderson has just been sold for £19.25m.

Why the hell would they want Wickham? Not like they need him and he is quite similar to Carroll. Just getting him so no one else can kind of transfer policy this.

They've got no decent strikers below Suarez & Carroll.

If that's the case, then I don't understand the need for Wickham. £9million is a lot for a relitavely unknown quantity, especially at the top level. If back up for AC/Suarez is a priority, then this just seems like a mega gamble to be fair, especially when the likes of Gameiro/Sturridge are apparently on the market within this price bracket and would probably improve their side anyway.

The funniest thing is...England are SHITE!

This is what I don't understand.  If England were dominating football at international level I could see why all these players cost so much, but they're average.  Million miles off the likes of Spain and Brazil.

If anything it's a negative thing on the English game.  These ridiculous prices are putting far too much pressure on young, inexperienced lads from day 1, and if they don't do the business from the off their confidence is shot and the press turn on them.

More English players should play abroad, it would do them the world of good.

Would you move your family abroad to work for less money?

They stay because the English clubs pay the big money.

what about when spain and italy paid more in the '80's and early 90's - barely any british players went abroad in the grand scheme and when they did they were hardly successful ???

Ryan Bertrand Chelsea £7m

Jack Cork Chelsea £5m

Tom Cleverley Manchester United £10m

Danny Rose Tottenham £5m

They above must/have to be way off.

Those figures look more ridiculous when Kyle Walker is listed at £5m.  Been included in 3 England squads and only worth the same as Danny Rose and Jack Cork?

Modric to City? Croatian media reporting so.

Don't read this rubbish... Few days ago Manchester United offered Tottenham 22M for him, yesterday he was close to sign contract with Chelsea, today he will join City...  :thdn: