Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Guest kingdawson

I don't alter my view depending on what forum i'm on. I think their signings are at best average and i think you've made some exciting signings and are linked to some very good players (i can link what i said about your potential team just today if you like).

How much did Sunderland pay for Wickham again?

Was surprised they didn't go for Bendtner tbh.

Wasn't it Bruce he played for in the Championship when he was top scorer for Birmingham that year. Scored 19 goals or something if I remember correctly.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I don't alter my view depending on what forum i'm on. I think their signings are at best average and i think you've made some exciting signings and are linked to some very good players (i can link what i said about your potential team just today if you like).

Again that would be nice.

Guest kingdawson

Just found where you posted that KD and it seems most don't agree with you. :dontknow:

The 2 that don't agree with me are people i don't actually get on with on the board so i wouldn't take what they say as any indication to what the general public/supporter thinks. I can say we wear white tops and they'd question the post.

Sunderland have in the past managed to attract players such as Gyan, Bent, Sessugnon so i fail to see how they've suddenly lost the ability to do that anymore. A lot of people put emphasis on the players having premiership experience but so what? yes it would be nice if they've played in this league before but if they're good players then they're good players, regardless of if they've played in this league. Those players playing in this league doesn't suddenly change them from being average to good...they're still average.

How much did Sunderland pay for Wickham again?

Was surprised they didn't go for Bendtner tbh.

Wasn't it Bruce he played for in the Championship when he was top scorer for Birmingham that year. Scored 19 goals or something if I remember correctly.

He's been hanging out the back of Suwpa Duwpa Brucie's daughter since then though

Just found where you posted that KD and it seems most don't agree with you. :dontknow:

The 2 that don't agree with me are people i don't actually get on with on the board so i wouldn't take what they say as any indication to what the general public/supporter thinks. I can say we wear white tops and they'd question the post.

Sunderland have in the past managed to attract players such as Gyan, Bent, Sessugnon so i fail to see how they've suddenly lost the ability to do that anymore. A lot of people put emphasis on the players having premiership experience but so what? yes it would be nice if they've played in this league before but if they're good players then they're good players, regardless of if they've played in this league. Those players playing in this league doesn't suddenly change them from being average to good...they're still average.

Completely agree with your second paragraph. I said before I think Gyan and Sessegnon are their two best players and I can't understand why Bruce hasn't gone down this route again with a bit of cash to spend.

Guest kingdawson

Again that would be nice.

This was said by Greg

............BA

..............BEN ARFA

MARVEAX.........................N.ZOGBIA

............CABAYE.... TIOTE...

top 6

to which someone responded..

"hahaha you northern idiot

So your going to finish above United, Chelsea, CIteh, Us, Arsenal & Liverpool...ok then"

to which i said ..

"Greg's obviously getting excited but you can't deny that's a damn good midfield and striker."

I've said a few other things about you lot but that was just today i'm refering to.

I mean, Larsson and Gardner are supposed to be 'Prem Proven' yet all they've done in their careers is be cast off by the top club where they came through and then be relegated with another lesser club. What use is being 'prem proven' with that kind of pedigree?

Guest kingdawson

the bit about premiership experience was mentioned again in regards to your signings but i didn't want to repeat what i've said over and over.

the bit about premiership experience was mentioned again in regards to your signings but i didn't want to repeat what i've said over and over.

Tbf there is a question mark over premiership players when you sign foreign players but that's the same for most teams, yet still the best teams have a fair few in their ranks. I would expect rival teams to be hoping we fall flat on our face but I suspect deep down a lot of their fans will fancy we've done good business. Even if they don't want to admit it on a public forum.

At the end of the day 70% of the league at some point came from abroad and another chunk came from the lower leagues. The whole 'Prem experience' thing is overplayed, generally good players are good players and the clubs who get their scouting right do well.

Harry came out a few weeks back and said he's been told he'll have to sell before he buys.

wouldn't think its down to lack of cash for players tbh, more their squad is already massive and wage bill rather full and needing to make space on that before they bring in someone

Bingo. Well more the 25 man squad rule tbh.

We're linked to a lot of players usually and we're labelled a joke. Now we're not linked to many and it means "we're not upto much".

Only premeirship teams that have made big movements so far are Manchester united , yourselves and Liverpool (whose signings look pretty damn average at best), oh and Sunderland (whose signings look like a streak of hot toilet p*ss).

Lets wait until the end of the window to see what happens.

I'd like to think this is your actual opinion rather than saying it just because you're on an NUFC board.

Infact, I'd be interested to know what other neutrals (outside of NUFC + SAFC) think of their movement.

I was talking to my mate, who's a Forest fan, last night about our signings, he brought up Sunderlands signings and said he thought they were on a mission to make their squad as average as possible.

It's good news that Cesc and Nasri are staying but I was kind of looking forward to seeing more of a direct player replacing Nasri not a arty farty dribble dribble little end product Hleb upgrade.

It's good news that Cesc and Nasri are staying but I was kind of looking forward to seeing more of a direct player replacing Nasri not a arty farty dribble dribble little end product Hleb upgrade.

:lol:

Some classic denial going on right there.

Arsene Wenger, in same interview where he said we'd keep Cesc and Nasri ruled out replacing Clichy saying he is happy with Gibbs, Traore and Vermaelen options as cover, if Vermaelen is a cover option I now want two CB's.

Are Cesc and Nasri staying?

I find it hard to believe Cesc will stay after been wanting away for so long but he has been loyal enough to be granted a move away providing Barca stump up 30/35 million.

I can see Nasri staying, that was only his first real stand out classy season and i'd be suprised if he was demanding a move elsewhere forceful enough for Arsenal to sell.

On the other side of East London it's an absolute farce that Modric isn't allowed to be moved on, he's a class act who deserves to be at a top club. Agree with Arry though that  if Henderson is worth 20 million and they get offered around the same when Henderson couldn't lace his boots. Ridiculous amount money flying about this summer!