Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

From the Mirror -

Tottenham are ready to sign the 'new Didier Drogba' - Ivory Coast's sensational teenage striker Souleymane Coulibaly.

Spurs supremo Daniel Levy has teed up a stunning £2 million deal for Coulibaly, who has scored nine goals in just four games at the mini World Cup in Mexico.

Coulibaly - just 16 years and six months - bagged back-to-back hat-tricks, including some amazing strikes to get some of the game's giants stampeding for the young 'Elephant' hit man.

The fantastic talent plays for AC Siena's youth team but he can be bought and Spurs are flying to Italy today in a bid to seal the deal ahead of Spanish giants Real Madrid.

Missing out on Can'tControl is basically as good as winning the League Cup, so we should probably do an open top bus ride or something.

That would be brilliant, holding up a picture of Cole with a big cross through it in place of a trophy :lol:

City have made Eto'o an offer too apparently.

Seeing Eto'o play for Man City would truly depress me.

:sadnod:

Especially when you know it won't be for football reasons.

It may be though... He's said how he wants to play in England, they are in the Champions League and they will challenge for the title.

Obviously he'll be on shit loads but still, I don't think we can say "It's not for football reasons" any longer...

To be fair to Eto'o, you could say it is for 'family reasons".  He is the only hope of his big, big family and during interview he admit that he has to earn enough to ensure all his relatives can have a normal life.

To be fair to Eto'o, you could say it is for 'family reasons".  He is the only hope of his big, big family and during interview he admit that he has to earn enough to ensure all his relatives can have a normal life.

Because he doesn't earn enough at Inter to support his 'big, big family'.  :lol:

It may be though... He's said how he wants to play in England, they are in the Champions League and they will challenge for the title.

Obviously he'll be on s*** loads but still, I don't think we can say "It's not for football reasons" any longer...

Good point there, still a sad state of affairs how City even got to where they are today.

Stoke trying to get Woodgate on one of those mythical pay as you play deals.

didn't he turn down one of those from Spurs

if so why would he go to Stoke and don't Stoke have enough defenders without trying to get him and Dann in or is Pulis fixed on signing centre backs and tall powerful strikers with limited skill mostly

if so why would he go to Stoke and don't Stoke have enough defenders without trying to get him and Dann in or is Pulis fixed on signing centre backs and tall powerful strikers with limited skill mostly

More chance of playing at Stoke if he's fit I would have thought.

He has in the past played 4 CB's along the back line maybe he's going to do that again since he doesn't have any decent fullbacks.

and seems averse to the entire idea of a real full back

god I hate Stoke so much

Stoke, in my opinion, have a better pair of CB's in Huth and Shawcross than Spurs although I do think one, if not both, of those could leave this summer.

if he's fit he's miles better than the rest of what Spurs have imho

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

He has in the past played 4 CB's along the back line maybe he's going to do that again since he doesn't have any decent fullbacks.

Aye, Huth was played at right back when they had Faye and Shawcross iirc.