Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

I dont know why... but i feel Jonjo Shelvey gonna be massive hit signing for Swansea.

He's an ok player, unfortunately for them I think he's a bit to rash and able to pick up stupid fouls. Always late into tackles.

Still... his duty wasn't defensive midfielder actually... he's attacking midfielder... his range range of passing (andrea pirlo style of passing) gonna feed michu & bony well... just perfect signing for laudrup tactics.

I dont know why... but i feel Jonjo Shelvey gonna be massive hit signing for Swansea.

He's an ok player, unfortunately for them I think he's a bit to rash and able to pick up stupid fouls. Always late into tackles.

Still... his duty wasn't defensive midfielder actually... he's attacking midfielder... his range range of passing (andrea pirlo style of passing) gonna feed michu & bony well... just perfect signing for laudrup tactics.

I don't think he's been played as a defensive midfielder, not form what I've seen in anycase. I was more suggesting that having a player that's a bit rash is always a concern especially when he doesn't make up for it in his general play. I don't find his range of passing impressive at all, and I'd think they're better off starting De Guzman - Britton behind than Shelvey with one of the two. There's no place for De Guzman, Britton, Michu and Shelvey in that starting line-up.

I do think he has huge potential though, but he hasn't proven it yet.

Chelsea have been heavily linked with a swoop for Anzhi Makhachkala striker Samuel Eto’o, but the Cameroon international’s agent has been quoted as saying that there has been no contact over a possible swoop and his client will be remaining in Russia. Peppino Tirri is reported to have told vesti.ru: "I can assure all that Eto'o will definitely stay at Anzhi. It would be very difficult to arrange his transfer because Samuel is not willing to move to another club for less wages.”

by Lewis Rutledge 9:01 AM

:yao:

Guest Roger Kint

Why all of a sudden can't we compete with the mighty Cardiff,Hull Swansea and Southamptons of this world when it comes to transfers???

Who have they signed that we bid for and lost out to?

Guest Roger Kint

The only player who has signed for any of those clubs I imagine we had any interest in was Bony.

Exactly, wasnt there some talk that Carr had him quite low on his list as well so we didnt go for him?

Guest palnese

Why all of a sudden can't we compete with the mighty Cardiff,Hull Swansea and Southamptons of this world when it comes to transfers???

We can, but our owner is a cunt. That's pretty much it.

Surely his point is that by the manager's admission we can't compete with those clubs financially.

Don't let that serve as a reason not to defend the club's transfer policy at all costs though.

Ian, when are you going to pack in with mocking those concerned about the club's future? Absolutely pathetic.

Guest Roger Kint

Surely his point is that by the manager's admission we can't compete with those clubs financially.

Ignoring the pointless Wullieisms in the rest of your post Pardew is right. We cant compete financially as he knows Ashley wont pay those fees. If they are prepared to spent £10m+ and his boss wont we clearly cant compete. Thats the likely point he was making, its evident to anyone alive we could afford to if Ashley actually wanted.

Don't let that serve as a reason not to defend the club's transfer policy at all costs though.

Ian, when are you going to pack in with mocking those concerned about the club's future? Absolutely pathetic.

Exactly Pardews own comments that we can't compete financially with Southampton... I mean come on FFS a club of our infrastructure and size and raking in the revenue we do why can't we??

And these people saying we only need 2 players and that's why we aren't spending....fucking wake up and smell the coffee we finished 16th for a reason we are the 5th worst team in the league make no bones about it we have a squad that is a few injuries away from being weak as piss and to top it off we cannot create or score goals......nice recipe for relegation...but hey if we can't compete financially with Southampton maybe we should go join the likes of Leeds,Leicester,Sheffield we'd and Nottingham forest then we can compete

Guest Roger Kint

Our problem is more down to the manager than the players, a good manager would have us as a consistant top 7/8 side, with our playing squad. Yes we are probably 2 players short, but it's not the major problem.

This for me. A Thauvin type and upgrade on Shola and any decent manager would have us easliy top 10.

Our problem is more down to the manager than the players, a good manager would have us as a consistant top 7/8 side, with our playing squad. Yes we are probably 2 players short, but it's not the major problem.

This for me. A Thauvin type and upgrade on Shola and any decent manager would have us easliy top 10.

To finish top ten we probably shouldn't need any more players TBH.

Guest Roger Kint

To finish top ten we probably shouldn't need any more players TBH.

Top 10 realistically includes the places up to 6th, wasnt talking dead on 10th fwiw

It's almost as pathetic as the same repetitive shit you get everytime a club signs a player. Sarcastic shit such as "can't compete with sovereign states". etc. The forums became a chore to read now and what was once enjoyable and had good debates is just stupid and petty.

Guest Roger Kint

It's almost as pathetic as the same repetitive shit you get everytime a club signs a player. Sarcastic shit such as "can't compete with sovereign states". etc. The forums became a chore to read now and what was once enjoyable and had good debates is just stupid and petty.

:clap:

Silly bugger.

I've never mocked anyone concerned with the clubs future, everyone cares about that. The forum is absolutely packed with the hyper-negative, they need to be pointed out from time to time man.

What I find hard to take is the constant assumption that the worst will obviously happen, the instant dismissal of anything positive and the self-satisfied way everyone reacts to any bad news. Along with the dissection and (possibly deliberate) misinterpretation of anything Pardew says - it's borderline unbearable.

(And yes, I know I don't have to read it)

"Hyper negative"?

Ian you're the most negative defeatist person on this forum. Everyone else wants the club to be successful, you're happy with existing and "having a season with a few decent moments". I don't know how you've got the nerve to say anyone else is negative.

Please tell me what these positives are that we're all missing. The club is in more disarray than I've ever known it and this after scraping to safety last time round.

"Hyper negative"?

Ian you're the most negative defeatist person on this forum. Everyone else wants the club to be successful, you're happy with existing and "having a season with a few decent moments". I don't know how you've got the nerve to say anyone else is negative.

Please tell me what these positives are that we're all missing. The club is in more disarray than I've ever known it and this after scraping to safety last time round.

I'm not going to go through the entire debate again man, it's been done to death. I have admitted that I would accept less than you would and I've praised you for your ambition for the club. I would accept a decent season with some brilliant moments, as hopefully that would lead to steady progress.

I've said the things that annoy me about the level of debate, that's all. Then you generalised my views (yet again) and called me pathetic, so I had to respond.

Shows the angle you're coming from that you feel more strongly about people being annoyed at the lack of signings than you do about the shambles the club has been left in.

"Optimist" on this forum has long been used to describe someone who is content with absolutely everything the club does even when it's to the massive detriment of the football team.