Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Guest Wearside
Everton ponder loan move for City winger Johnson as Moyes looks to strengthenBy Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 11:00 PM on 27th July 2011

Everton are weighing up an ambitious loan move for Manchester City winger Adam Johnson.

The 24-year-old has become unsettled at City with manager Roberto Mancini reluctant to start him on a regular basis.

City have also considered another winger, Fiorentina’s Alessio Cerci, although talks have stalled over the £6million asking price.

Chelsea, who wanted Johnson before he joined City, have expressed an interest but City are reluctant to sell to a rival.

Everton cannot afford a transfer fee unless they sell first but would be keen on a loan — particularly after missing out on Aston Villa’s new signing Charles N’Zogbia. 

If City are willing to deal it will also alert Sunderland who may buy the player if a £20m valuation was broken into instalments.

If only I could believe the Daily Mail.......

Guest Wearside

You'd pay that price?

Well if Henderson is worth £20m then I'd say Johnson is.

Not really the issue though. Would you be willing to fork out £20m?

Yes,no doubt about it.I'd love to see a player like Johnson sign,a genuine next level player. Young English players all come with a premuim,look at Sturridge at Chelsea,done very little of note but has a £20m price tag on his head,that's just the going rate these days for English players.

Guest Chubby Jason

It'll be great to see him in the Premiership, just a shame it's with Man City who don't deserve any of the success that they'll inevitably get.

Yep. I heard them describe it as a "dream move" for him on SSN earlier. Fuck off.

200k/week I heard, stuff of dreams indeed.But he'll be in a team that will fight for trophies in the next years, which ultimately is what he wanted.

I'm still mystified about his sudden heel turn with Atlético though, somebody has counseled him very badly. He didn't need to leave in this way.

200k/week I heard, stuff of dreams indeed.But he'll be in a team that will fight for trophies in the next years, which ultimately is what he wanted.

I'm still mystified about his sudden heel turn with Atlético though, somebody has counseled him very badly. He didn't need to leave in this way.

230k according to Sky Sports. But I'm sure Kun's just going for the 'challenge'.

"No one will ever be exactly like Maradona again but I really think that every so often there is a total revolution in football and someone needs to be the revolutionary who starts things off. That's me."

"If I achieve what I want to then I'll mark a distinct era in football. I'm the Che Guevara of modern soccer."

He really has turned heel :lol:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3718475/Sergio-Aguero-Call-me-Che-Guevara.html

Yes. Actually he should thrive on a league that defends more up field than La Liga. But I'm not sure he'll work on the 4-3-3/4-5-1 ManCity uses, although it depends on the nature of the players surrounding him. He had a great rap with Forlán on their 4-4-2. Something like Tévez/Kun/Silva (assuming Tévez stays) should be mental.

Guest Heneage

Yes. Actually he should thrive on a league that defends more up field than La Liga. But I'm not sure he'll work on the 4-3-3/4-5-1 ManCity uses, although it depends on the nature of the players surrounding him. He had a great rap with Forlán on their 4-4-2. Something like Tévez/Kun/Silva (assuming Tévez stays) should be mental.

But...

http://www.epltalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/andy-gray1.jpg

"The question is big man, can they do it on a cold wet Tuesday eve in the heart of Stoke on trent?"