Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

I wish they'd done that in January tbh. The whole, "Every penny of it on the squad thing" was ridiculous.

Although having said that, if they'd said, "that's to pay off some of our debt" I could have imagined the reaction. :lol:

The bills need to be paid and I've not got a single problem with using some/all of the Carroll fee to go towards paying overdrafts etc off. I just want the club to be honest about it. I want us to punch our weight and invest as much as we can afford to using the money that comes into the club. 

Exactly, just be honest if the money has gone into servicing debt to make the club more stable not a problem but tell us so we don't have these unrealistic expectations of the Carroll money being spent on players. The clubs lack of openness and ability to communicate with the fans creates so many problems.

Remember the "club statement" last summer that read like it was written by a grade-school dropout?

In retrospect, it's not surprising either that basically none of it turned out to be true.

The one about no net-outlay and bringing through youths to sell at a profit thing?

That's exactly what's happened tbh.

I wish they'd done that in January tbh. The whole, "Every penny of it on the squad thing" was ridiculous.

Although having said that, if they'd said, "that's to pay off some of our debt" I could have imagined the reaction. :lol:

The bills need to be paid and I've not got a single problem with using some/all of the Carroll fee to go towards paying overdrafts etc off. I just want the club to be honest about it. I want us to punch our weight and invest as much as we can afford to using the money that comes into the club. 

Exactly, just be honest if the money has gone into servicing debt to make the club more stable not a problem but tell us so we don't have these unrealistic expectations of the Carroll money being spent on players. The clubs lack of openness and ability to communicate with the fans creates so many problems.

Hear hear.

Remember the "club statement" last summer that read like it was written by a grade-school dropout?

In retrospect, it's not surprising either that basically none of it turned out to be true.

The one about no net-outlay and bringing through youths to sell at a profit thing?

That's exactly what's happened tbh.

Was any of that actually in the statement? I recall them just saying we were aiming to "break even" by 2015/16.

My main beef is with the overarching theme of the board "not talking to the media," which has obviously turned out to be untrue.

Actually what was said was....

"The days when players such as Alan Shearer, Steve Bruce, Peter Beardsley and Michael Carrick had to leave Newcastle to begin their illustrious football careers elsewhere are over."

Oh dear. :lol:

Aye, now they'll get to start here and spend the illustrious parts of their careers elsewhere instead ;)

IMO, although the short term reaction would have been worse, it would have been better for them in the long term if they just came out and told the truth about that £35m from the beginning.

Totally agree, but at the same time it was a panic reaction to try to defend something which seemed inexplicable to most fans, I can see why it was said.

I think a lot of the problems would be solved by just replacing the "face of the club" with somebody who's not such a blatantly obvious cunt.

The way we operate may be somewhat inept, but it's not necessarily shadier than anything other Premiership clubs do. IMO it's about 95% down to Llambias, his attitude, and his comical interaction with the press that make us look more unprofessional than we actually are.

Manure apparently targetting Goetze from Dortmund should the Sneijder deal not come off. Scary shit that like.

Exactly what they need, if them fuckers get him I'll cry into my Fabregas shirt for the following year.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/18/redknapp-modric-sale-tottenham

Weren't the Tottenham fans on here adamant that Modric was not for sale a few weeks back?

(apologies if some other sharp eyed user has already pointed this out)

I do believe some £££s to the SBR Foundation were waged on Modric staying at Spurs (see Neil's sig).

It's not on Neil's sig now but I'm putting up £100 to SBRF if Modric goes (though I'll probably do the same if he goes, it's a good cause).

Whether Modric goes in this window is up in the air.  At the time of the Chav's first bid Levy was unequivocal, Modric stays, we shift the deadwood and bring in the new bodies with that money and with what's in the transfer pot.  The problem is the deadwood is near impossible to shift and Levy wants their wages off the books before the new bodies arrive.  One option is to sell Modric, not because Levy's given in to Modric or Chelsea but because he wants books more balanced.

Personally, I still think Modric will still be at Spurs come September but it's now nowhere near as clearcut as it was at the start of the window.

Weren't the Tottenham fans on here adamant that Modric was not for sale a few weeks back?

I do believe some £££s to the SBR Foundation were waged on Modric staying at Spurs (see Neil's sig).

It's not on Neil's sig now but I'm putting up £100 to SBRF if Modric goes (though I'll probably do the same if he goes, it's a good cause).

Whether Modric goes in this window is up in the air.  At the time of the Chav's first bid Levy was unequivocal, Modric stays, we shift the deadwood and bring in the new bodies with that money and with what's in the transfer pot.  The problem is the deadwood is near impossible to shift and Levy wants their wages off the books before the new bodies arrive.  One option is to sell Modric, not because Levy's given in to Modric or Chelsea but because he wants books more balanced.

Personally, I still think Modric will still be at Spurs come September but it's now nowhere near as clearcut as it was at the start of the window.

:thup:

Top bloke MJ, seriously.

Fwiw I also make you right. Can't see Modric going either. What's the Spurs fans' opinion on lack of transfer dealings so far? With a striker and possibly another midfielder I'd like to think you'd be able to challenge Liverpool/Arsenal for the Champs League spot.

Guest kingdawson

:thup:

Top bloke MJ, seriously.

Fwiw I also make you right. Can't see Modric going either. What's the Spurs fans' opinion on lack of transfer dealings so far? With a striker and possibly another midfielder I'd like to think you'd be able to challenge Liverpool/Arsenal for the Champs League spot.

Very frustrating window so far but i can see us signing 2 or 3 players before the window closes (Diarra, Adebayor and 1 more player).