We need to firstly sell

Bendtner

Almunia

Squillaci

+ possibly one of Rosicky/Arshavin

but I think we NEED

Left Back

Centre Back

A typical Arsenal midfielder who can play wide (Götze)

Striker

If we manage to sell one of Rosicky/Arshavin bring in a sub winger, such as Elia or Benayoun(I think both would be really good additions)

What's the likely hood of getting rid of Bendtner and Almunia in this window? Heard many rumors about the first but none about Almunia going.

Do you need another Striker desperately if you only play one up? Van Persie is great but injury prone, but Chamakh can fill in, or is he not good enough? I'm sure Walcott would do a excellent job there as well. Seems to be the only Arsenal player scoring atm.

Bendtner will go, I think that's why Park is coming in. Almunia nothing seems to be happening but he's very much 4th choice behind Szczesny, Fabianski and Mannone. He should go for his own good.

We do need 3 strikers, especially if/when RvP is injured and when Chamakh(maybe) goes to ACN. Walcott would struggle playing up front on his own but he could do it. Gervinho could play there but then again it's ACN and I can imagine RvP will get injured during that, sod's law.

:thup: keep forgetting ACN this year. A lot of clubs will lose good players. Anyone you would prefer for the striker slot?

As everyone I think my number 1 (slightly realistic) preference would be Sturridge, very good with the ball and also would be brilliant on his own up front. Unrealistically obviously Tevez has proven year on year what he can do on his own up top.

A player I really like is El Hamdaoui of Ajax but for some reason he doesn't even get much of a chance there so that is off-putting. African again though :(

DarrenArsenal1 Darren

by philmcnulty

Telegraph reporting Samba to Arsenal completed on Wednesday

thats Blackburn relegated

Fantastic signing for Arsenal though.

Yeh. Samba and Vermaelen looks great on paper.

Sky say Lowe has given Mertesaker today to make his move away to Arsenal! Bringing both in and getting rid of Squillaci and Djourou would be wonderful.

Unrealistic?

DarrenArsenal1 Darren

by philmcnulty

Sky say Lowe has given Mertesaker today to make his move away to Arsenal! Bringing both in and getting rid of Squillaci and Djourou would be wonderful.

Unrealistic?

Would say Verm is better than Mertesaker like.

DarrenArsenal1 Darren

by philmcnulty

Unrealistic?

Would say Verm is better than Mertesaker like.

He is yes, easily but a CB option of Verm, Kos, Mertesaker and Samba compared to last year of Djourou, Squillaci, Kos and Miquel would be amazing.

Maybe the Santos deal isn't happening so Verm will be LB cover.

We need to firstly sell

Bendtner

Almunia

Squillaci

+ possibly one of Rosicky/Arshavin

but I think we NEED

Left Back

Centre Back

A typical Arsenal midfielder who can play wide (Götze)

Striker

If we manage to sell one of Rosicky/Arshavin bring in a sub winger, such as Elia or Benayoun(I think both would be really good additions)

What's the likely hood of getting rid of Bendtner and Almunia in this window? Heard many rumors about the first but none about Almunia going.

Do you need another Striker desperately if you only play one up? Van Persie is great but injury prone, but Chamakh can fill in, or is he not good enough? I'm sure Walcott would do a excellent job there as well. Seems to be the only Arsenal player scoring atm.

Bendtner will go, I think that's why Park is coming in. Almunia nothing seems to be happening but he's very much 4th choice behind Szczesny, Fabianski and Mannone. He should go for his own good.

We do need 3 strikers, especially if/when RvP is injured and when Chamakh(maybe) goes to ACN. Walcott would struggle playing up front on his own but he could do it. Gervinho could play there but then again it's ACN and I can imagine RvP will get injured during that, sod's law.

:thup: keep forgetting ACN this year. A lot of clubs will lose good players. Anyone you would prefer for the striker slot?

As everyone I think my number 1 (slightly realistic) preference would be Sturridge, very good with the ball and also would be brilliant on his own up front. Unrealistically obviously Tevez has proven year on year what he can do on his own up top.

A player I really like is El Hamdaoui of Ajax but for some reason he doesn't even get much of a chance there so that is off-putting. African again though :(

:thup: Ok thanks for that, we'll see what happens. Should be an exciting end to the transfer window though.

DarrenArsenal1 Darren

by philmcnulty

And, finally, a sensible one.

:nods:

If Samba comes in I reckon they will have Miquel on loan, I think that seemed to be the deal with any England based CB signings.

Poor Blackburn.

Decent cover if they do bring in Dann too.

Stoke fans are getting very pissed off with Kenwyne Jones at the moment, after his early form too it's making them pretty mad. Most I have spoken to have said they would love to bring in Bendtner.

May be a bit late for this now but if Bendtner is going to Stoke we should try and get Sorensen in on the deal as cover for Szczesny and allow Fabianski go out and get some experience somewhere.

Owen Hargreaves undergoes medical at Manchester City

MANCHESTER CITY are set to offer Owen Hargreaves a shock Premier League lifeline.

The former Manchester United midfielder is available on a free transfer after his contract with the champions expired at the end of last season.

And City could snap up the man their bitter neighbours ditched for nothing — IF he proves he is over his fitness problems.

Hargreaves was pictured leaving Bridgewater Hospital at midday today after undergoing a three-hour medical.

The 30-year-old looked happy as he was greeted by City medical staff at the back of the building as he made his exit.

Hargreaves has been hampered by knee and hamstring injuries over the last four years.

But he insists he is now back to peak physical condition and attempted to prove as much by posting a string of videos on YouTube showing him being put through his paces.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3783440/Owen-Hargreaves-undergoes-medical-at-Manchester-City.html