Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Guest Heneage

Bent would be a ridiculous signing for a club aiming to get in the top 4 (as he already showed at Spurs). Like Carroll he can only play one way and that's if the team is completely set up for him, he's showing again at Villa he's anonymous in any other system.

A goal every two games isn't bad tbh.

He generally doesn't manage that, even with penalty-taking responsibilities.

Yep. His chance conversion is rancid too.

Good player if you're a poor side who plays completely through him. Absolute lolfest if Liverpool pay £20 million for him.

Is Comolli their chief scout? It's like he just loads up FM 2009 and picks players.

Bent would be a ridiculous signing for a club aiming to get in the top 4 (as he already showed at Spurs). Like Carroll he can only play one way and that's if the team is completely set up for him, he's showing again at Villa he's anonymous in any other system.

A goal every two games isn't bad tbh.

It's 1 in 3 under Mcleish. And since he offers nothing else but goals that isn't great, you might aswell play 10 men for most of the games.

He will get you nearly 2 goals a game if you set the whole team up for him but that means few other players score many and you won't get any higher than mid table.

I agree with the comments about Bent, but this is a ridiculous train of thought. Isn't scoring goals the primary objective for a striker? I can understand the argument re: midfielders. For example, I much prefer Cabaye to Nolan.

Can't remember who said it but recently read a quote about Bent's play I certainly agree with saying that he can often play making himself look good but very rarely makes the team look good. Very limited player.

To get the best out of Darren Bent you must play through him, feeding the ball to him every time you get it, long diagonal balls, counter attacks etc. Useful for limited sides who are desperate for goals in any form, completely incompatable and ultimately counterproductive in a side who wants to actually achieve anything.

I agree with the comments about Bent, but this is a ridiculous train of thought. Isn't scoring goals the primary objective for a striker? I can understand the argument re: midfielders. For example, I much prefer Cabaye to Nolan.

But he isn't scoring in 2/3 of the games nor is he contributing anything else. You need other attributes to play at the top level these days (top 4 level), nobody plays with pure goalscorers.

But he isn't scoring in 2/3 of the games nor is he contributing anything else. You need other attributes to play at the top level these days, nobody plays with pure goalscorers.

Dunno, Hernandez is good. The difference with Hernandez is he has a much better conversion rate and doesn't need the side built around him to achieve it.

Marco Reus has signed for Dortmund for £15m, will move in the summer. Great player, or at least has been this season.

That's a fantastic signing. Absolutely brilliant....really thought he was destined for Bayern. Hope he gets a chance to play with Gotze.

Marco Reus has signed for Dortmund for £15m, will move in the summer. Great player, or at least has been this season.

That's a fantastic signing. Absolutely brilliant....really thought he was destined for Bayern. Hope he gets a chance to play with Gotze.

Probably a Goetze replacement.

To get the best out of Darren Bent you must play through him, feeding the ball to him every time you get it, long diagonal balls, counter attacks etc. Useful for limited sides who are desperate for goals in any form, completely incompatable and ultimately counterproductive in a side who wants to actually achieve anything.

QFT. We had this identical conversation three years ago at Spurs. Villa fans are having it now.

Liverpool's accounts are surely going to look like an absolute trainwreck if they even buy a couple of the players they are supposed to be considering in January.

Corluka is a class right back tbh. Very smart, good passer, good positional sense, very underrated going forward too (doesn't bomb forward or anything but is very smart when deciding when to bomb forward and support the winger. He lacks pace though which is probably his only flaw.

Would be a quality signing for you guys but i doubt very much we'd let him go in January,

What is the general consensus regarding Corluka amongst Spurs fans, KD? Two that i know seem to think he is the worst player to have ever played football!!

I think that we generally think he's OK, just slow. There's a perception that he partners well with Lennon, which may well be true. Clever footballer, but you always worry about his lack of pace getting exposed.

I'd say that most fans think of him as not quite good enough for the first team but excellent back-up, particularly as he can do a job at CB/CM in a pinch. Not a great job, but decent enough.

Guest kingdawson

Corluka is a class right back tbh. Very smart, good passer, good positional sense, very underrated going forward too (doesn't bomb forward or anything but is very smart when deciding when to bomb forward and support the winger. He lacks pace though which is probably his only flaw.

Would be a quality signing for you guys but i doubt very much we'd let him go in January,

What is the general consensus regarding Corluka amongst Spurs fans, KD? Two that i know seem to think he is the worst player to have ever played football!!

Really? then those 2 are the biggest twats in the world who should in all honesty stick to Cricket or something.

Most spurs fans (by most i'd say about 80% of them) really rate Corluka. Him and Lennon have formed an awesome understanding over the years and Corluka has put in some really good performances. He's behind Walker now though and with Naughton doing so well at Norwich, i can definately see Corluka leaving in the summer and the 2 Kyle's fighting for the rb spot.