Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Yeah not sure what he's doing. Maybe just get 10 mins at end of games to goal hang, possibly still a good enough finisher to poach some at the death?

goal hang ? i thought the correct term was 'mooch'. nowt worse than being accused of being a moocher during a game.

:lol Aye, such an accusation was never taken lightly like.

Interesting.

I haven't followed him so not sure if he's still up to doing a job...but I'd have thought a player of his talent will be able to bury goals with that team around him.

The way I see it, Henry will be strictly backup for Arsenal. Unless there's an injury to Van Persie, then Henry will probably just get 10 minute cameo appearances.

£5m for Samba is daylight robbery. It makes far too much sense for us to bid, hence we won't.

You see, coming from outside I don't entirely understand this thinking. I get that you have been saving money left, right and centre, but you've just had a transfer window where you picked up Ba, Santon and Cabaye - all cracking players - for not much money. That's you being good at transfers. Why assume that your default is to be bad?

I do understand the "re-sale" thinking as that never seems far from Levy's mind, but the success of Parker should have shown that someone's worth right now is also important. Samba would clearly be a decent buy for pretty much everyone in the Premier League.

We won't be going in for Samba because fairly sure club are (rightly happy) with Colo Saylor and Williamson being the core defenders. Samba would demand to be first choice and that probably means losing one of those 3. I don't like disrupting a good defence, would much rather either a dedicated prospect centre back who can fill in and maybe be first choice once Colo has gone, or a backup CB who can play full back as well.

Samba would be a fool if he went to QPR. They're not guaranteed to be safe from relegation much like Blackburn atm so he could still end up being in the Championship next season either way.