Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Yeah, but you can buy a third I think. Also given how really he's no use to Spurs right now they might be willing to supplement his wages, which means he could easily fall under the cap agreement (provided they pay under 400k for the term of the loan).

I thought you were only given one DP slot but could trade for up to three.  I could be wrong though.

Yeah, but you can buy a third I think. Also given how really he's no use to Spurs right now they might be willing to supplement his wages, which means he could easily fall under the cap agreement (provided they pay under 400k for the term of the loan).

There could be reasoning for Spurs to help.  Paul Barber, the Whitecaps CEO until the end of the month, was previously Executive Director with Spurs and remains a non-executive director of THFC.  There have been rumours that Barber is leaving the Whitecaps to join AEG but no idea if there's any truth in it.

I thought you were only given one DP slot but could trade for up to three.  I could be wrong though.

Nah. 2 slots with the option to pay for a 3rd.

He's just not that good, in my opinion. Mind, he looked like the next best thing when he was 16-18 and playing youth football, but never quite adjusted to playing with the grown-ups. Plus he has been ill-advised (hello Pini Zahavi!). It was fine if he chose to leave us, but going to a team that would never offer him first-team football just because they were loaded was just a bad idea.

Guest Heneage

He's just not that good, in my opinion. Mind, he looked like the next best thing when he was 16-18 and playing youth football, but never quite adjusted to playing with the grown-ups. Plus he has been ill-advised (hello Pini Zahavi!). It was fine if he chose to leave us, but going to a team that would never offer him first-team football just because they were loaded was just a bad idea.

Exactly. I watched a few videos of him at Barca and it seemed like the standard agent DVD, lots of dribbling with no inclusion of the end product.

Obviously as you say he was quite highly thought of when younger. It does seem a backwards move to leave a club that isn't giving you enough playing time, only to move into the exact same situation in England. I'd have thought even the player himself could see that.

He should really have done what Giorgi Chanturia did. Moving to Vitesse from Barca has given him a great environment to develop around a young group of players.

It's nice to see Assulin get a move to Brighton, but what he hopes to achieve in three months I don't know.

Ah Chanturia. He was highly thought of, but he was here only on loan from his Georgian club and we have a pretty stringent policy regarding transfer fees for young players, so we couldn't reach a deal with them. Nice to see he is blooming in Holland. He looked really talented, if only a bit selfish (but that's not uncommon at that age).

There are lots of rumors, but I wouldn't give much credibility to most of the names thrown around. We will most certainly go for a LB, but that Bale link is probably unrealistic, Alba looks a more probable target. A lot of newspapers are linking us with RVP (and I'm certain he will leave Arsenal), but I don't see them selling to us or us going for another striker next season. We have also been linked with a few CBs (Puyol isn't getting any younger), mainly Thiago Silva. But Milan are on a good thing, I can't see them selling. It's also been strongly hinted that we will sign a 3rd goalkeeper (a youth prospect), since we don't have any good young one that could challenge Valdés in the future.

According to most reports, we dipped into next summer's transfer budget in order to sign both Cesc and Alexis Sánchez, so I really don't expect major transfers. I'd say we'll go for a LB a CB and leave the rest as it is. Personally I don't think we need much more if everybody kept reasonably fit.

i'd like for you to go for RVP. there's that video of him younger saying he wanted to play for arsenal and barca. where do you think he will go? i'd like to think he isnt the type that would go to man city, so it would have to be abroad and i could only see that being you or madrid really

Madrid have also been linked with him... but why would they want him for? He's great, but Higuaín can't almost get a game nowadays, struggle to think where he'd fit.

I think he'd be great for us, but with Villa-Pedro-Alexis-Messi vying for 3 places (plus the odd game for Iniesta/Barça B kids), I think that would be too many heavyweights competing upfront, impossible to keep them all happy. Then again, this season we have resorted to play two fullbacks as forwards...

To be frank, I don't know him enough to see if he could move to another English club. Otherwise I'd say Chelsea after they get rid of Torres.

i dont think he is the type that would judas arsenal. may be wrong but i get the feeling villa won't be what he was next season, given he lack of form at the start, as well as how tough it will be to come back from a bad injury at his age. is it totally out of the question for some sort of swap deal? probably, but think that would work for all parties (if villa fancies a crack at the prem)

i dont think he is the type that would judas arsenal. may be wrong but i get the feeling villa won't be what he was next season, given he lack of form at the start, as well as how tough it will be to come back from a bad injury at his age. is it totally out of the question for some sort of swap deal? probably, but think that would work for all parties (if villa fancies a crack at the prem)

I think Villa will stay one more season, and that probably be it. I could have seen us selling him if he kept his downward slide, but after the injury I just can't see it happening.

Anyhow, he wasn't having a good season in front of goal, but people really underrate his off the ball game, and the acres of space he created with his runs (I think it's not coincidental that Messi's not-so-good run has coincided with Villa's injury). I think that with Alexis showing an unexpected clinicality in front of goal, and with Cesc scoring so much from midfield we are actually covered with goals (if everybody keeps fit!). Again, I'd love to have somebody like RvP at the club, and he would certainly be a plus, but I don't think he's a realistic signing with the personnel we have. He wouldn't come on cheap wages.

Marca - who I do rate when they report on Real Madrid stuff - saying that Chelsea bid for Higuaín this winter window, and are set to try again this summer. The player refused the move but might be willing if he keeps being benched and Real Madrid bring another name #9 this summer.

Zenit looking to loan Arshavin... Can't see the benefit for Arsenal at this stage of the season despite his poor form...

He's hardly getting games for them anyway so don't think he would be missed. Arsenal fans aren't so fond of him either.

Zenit looking to loan Arshavin... Can't see the benefit for Arsenal at this stage of the season despite his poor form...

He's hardly getting games for them anyway so don't think he would be missed. Arsenal fans aren't so fond of him either.

He seems to play most times I see them and their squad is getting thinner by the week it seems... He's had a poor 18 month but wonder if he'd be worth a go as a number 10...