Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Quotes are from De Telegraaf, which is a fairly reliable source in NL. Would be funny to see what happens if we somehow manage to pip Spurs to fourth. I still believe Arsenal is his preferred destination and he is trying to sound them out by making these public statements lately..

Vertonghen has previously said that the most important criteria for him is for him to be starting on a regular basis.  As King, Gallas and Nelsen are coming to the end of their shelf life, and Caulker is likely to have 1 more year at Swansea, Kaboul and Dawson are the only remaining options.  Though I tend to agree that Arsenal would be his preferred destination, they have got a lot of CB's already so I'll keep my fingers crossed that he sticks to his criteria.

M'Vila is a top top signing if it comes off, about Vertonghen i still dont understand this from an Arsenal point of view.

They already have 3 top class CB's but they have only 1 top class fullback and he just got injured again ( Sagna)

Surely fullback should be the next target for them no?

Guest Craig-NUFC

De Telegraaf reports Heerenveen technical director Hansma confirmed Luciano Narsingh and Oussama Assaidi visited Fulham to hold talks.

M'Vila is a top top signing if it comes off, about Vertonghen i still dont understand this from an Arsenal point of view.

They already have 3 top class CB's but they have only 1 top class fullback and he just got injured again ( Sagna)

3 top class cb's?

3 top class cb's?

Ok maybe not top class..... but Mertesacker, Vermealen and Koscielny is good enough no? it's certainly alot better than Santos, Gibbs and Jenkinson anyway.

Guest palnese

Vermaelen is overrated, imo. Koscielny is the better defender of the two, but Vermaelen scores goals.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Assou-Ekotto has said he's quitting Spurs if they don't get Champions League.

We need a left back and could yet end up in the Champions League...

Problem 'arry

:troll:

Guest palnese

Why would he leave Spurs if they don't make it to the CL?

The guy doesn't even like football. :lol:

Guest Craig-NUFC

Why would he leave Spurs if they don't make it to the CL?

The guy doesn't even like football. :lol:

Exactly. He's solely in it for the money. CL = more money.

Could see PSG spunking money for him.

Vermaelen is overrated, imo. Koscielny is the better defender of the two, but Vermaelen scores goals.

Definitely agree with that, i still dont think they need a CB tho..... LB as Gibbs and Santos aint good enough and maybe some back up to Sagna makes more sense to me.

Assou-Ekotto makes me lol what a c*nt he is :lol:

3 top class cb's?

Ok maybe not top class..... but Mertesacker, Vermealen and Koscielny is good enough no? it's certainly alot better than Santos, Gibbs and Jenkinson anyway.

Mertesacker is supposedly good but looks like he can't handle the pace so he's no use. The other two are good but I reckon they could do better although I have no idea how good the Ajax guy is, none at all.

100% ... I have spoken to Arsenal fans that would rather Mertesacker started. Attacks too often and leaves gaps at the back apparently.

Well, well, Arsenal are already signalling their intent for next season (if the news is true). M'Vila would be an excellent signing and if Arsenal can also get Vertonghen on board then they will be serious title contenders next year.

Well, well, Arsenal are already signalling their intent for next season (if the news is true). M'Vila would be an excellent signing and if Arsenal can also get Vertonghen on board then they will be serious title contenders next year.

Assuming they keep Van Persie, if they lose him they are back to turmoil

Assuming they keep Van Persie, if they lose him they are back to turmoil

With these potential signings over the horizon, Van Persie could very well be persuaded/encouraged to stay imo.