Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Would love to see him back in the Premiership, got to admit. As long as it wasn't to Chelsea.

Agree. Would love to see him back in England, at anyone but Chelsea. And Man City. And Liverpool. And Spurs.

Since he's denying the money thing, I admit I have absolutely no idea what's going on with Cronaldo. The other stuff that's being suggested - fallout with some players, lack of support for the ballon d'or, the fact he hates being booed in every away pitch in Spain - are just too damn silly to make such a fuss.

Fallout with Mou is the only thing I could see, but I haven't seen anything that would cause or suggest it. It has always been thought that the Portuguese clan at RM are very tight.

Since he's denying the money thing, I admit I have absolutely no idea what's going on with Cronaldo. The other stuff that's being suggested - fallout with some players, lack of support for the ballon d'or, the fact he hates being booed in every away pitch in Spain - are just too damn silly to make such a fuss.

Fallout with Mou is the only thing I could see, but I haven't seen anything that would cause or suggest it. It has always been thought that the Portuguese clan at RM are very tight.

Himself and Mou share an agent so could get interesting. Maybe he hasn't liked Dickie Carvalho and Kaka being sidelined.

He got booed every pitch over here too when at Man United.

Guest firetotheworks

Christ! Imagine supporting a team in a city, amongst fans of a team most regard as the best they've seen. And then you're linked to Emile Heskey. Being an Espanyol fan must feel like dying for the cause.

Did Espanyol not try to get Coutinho in again VI? I really rate him but I think another season on loan in Spain would have been best for all parties involved as he'll largely be a bit part player at Inter at the moment.

Did Espanyol not try to get Coutinho in again VI? I really rate him but I think another season on loan in Spain would have been best for all parties involved as he'll largely be a bit part player at Inter at the moment.

Coutinho seemed keen on staying, but apparently Inter weren't interested.

Andy Brassell ‏@andybrassell

Good signing for Lorient - midfielder Benjamin Corgnet from Dijon for potential €6m. Good player. Newcastle had a sniff earlier this year.

Lyon actually agreed personal terms with Corgnet months ago, held up due to cashflow probs, then decided priorities elsewhere (1/2)

So Lyon got Malbranque, Lorient got Corgnet & he gets a regular game. FCL could also turn profit in future. Everyone's a winner (2/2)

Del Piero has snubbed the bin dippers. :lol:

Liverpool snubbed again as Del Piero completes Syndey switch

Alessandro Del Piero has completed his move to Australian club Sydney FC, despite reported interest from Liverpool.

The 37-year-old former Juventus striker confirmed the deal at a press conference in Turin where he announced he has joined the A-League side.

'I'm happy to have signed with Sydney and for the next two years I will play with them,' Del Piero told reporters at Wednesday's press conference.

'A lot of clubs contacted me, Italian teams too and I thank all of them. Today my new adventure starts and my emotions are mixed.

'I thank Sydney for this opportunity and his fans that already adopted me. I will discover a fantastic city and a fantastic country. I am grateful to my family for being with me in every moment.

'I will continue to cheer Juventus. In Australia I will be able to deepen my passion for rugby. Above all I'm here to score a lot of goals and to try to improve Australian football with my experiences. I hope Australian people love football.'

Del Piero's move to Sydney hit the headlines last week when completion of the deal was delayed after Liverpool and Barclays Premier League rivals Southampton both reportedly made late offers.

Reds boss Brendan Rodgers admitted his frustration at failing to bring in a replacement for Andy Carroll after the striker was loaned to West Ham before Friday's transfer deadline.

Sydney chief executive Tony Pignata claimed that Liverpool had made a late attempt to hijack the deal.

'Liverpool have come in - and they're a big club, there's no denying that,' Pignata told Fox Sports Australia.

In addition to Liverpool and Southampton, Sydney also have reportedly also fended off interest from Champions League clubs Celtic and Braga as well as Swiss side Sion.

Del Piero, who turns 38 in November, made 91 appearances for Italy and is the all-time leading goalscorer for Juventus.

He will join a list of former stars to have joined the A-League late into their career that includes the likes of Robbie Fowler, Romario, Juninho and Dwight Yorke.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2198610/Alessandro-del-Piero-signs-Sydney-FC-Liverpool-snubbed-again.html#ixzz25bL9miQo

Thing is, it would have tarnished his career for me if he had joined liverpool (i know he has gone to sydney...) but i would have loved to have seen him play live also, as i didnt make it to the Juve game 10-odd years ago

another iconic striker retiring (and by that, i mean move to the A League...)

Regardless of the number he's been allocated, I think Dempsey at Tottenham will go much the way of Pienaar at Tottenham. I think Pienaar is actually a better footballer at the end of things.

Different players. Dempsey will occupy the role vacated by VDV...they're almost like-for-like so Spurs really won't miss a beat there (though I think VDV might be a touch better player at this point, though Dempsey's got more years left). Pienaar had to compete with Bale for playing time and there aren't many left wingers better than Bale.