Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

He had 12 years of contract and refused an extension, he'd have walked for owt. €28m is the highest fee I can recall for a player in such situation.

And felipao's main point stands. You're supposed to be in this football lark to win stuff, not collect money bags from transfer deals. Neymar has won them a Libertadores.

Van Persie cost Yanited more and Nasri was about the same.

Besides Arsenal in both situations got 100% of the money, Santos are only getting a cut of it. 13m is shocking when you compare similar transfers.

Van Persie was £24m and Nasri was £20m. Also the fact that Santos didn't receive the full fee is irrelevant because they haven't been paying his full wages for a while either. If they haven't been the only investor in Neymar, hence not being the only party to have risked money in him, then why should they reap more benefit than their share?

You're dancing around in circles. Firstly it was the fee and now it's Santos not receiving the full whack. Both your criticisms don't have merit.

Aye and in pounds Neymar was 21m, which Santos only get 55% of. Anyway i see people disagree so i won't continue.

He had 12 years of contract and refused an extension, he'd have walked for owt. €28m is the highest fee I can recall for a player in such situation.

And felipao's main point stands. You're supposed to be in this football lark to win stuff, not collect money bags from transfer deals. Neymar has won them a Libertadores.

Besides Arsenal in both situations got 100% of the money, Santos are only getting a cut of it. 13m is shocking when you compare similar transfers.

Van Persie was £24m and Nasri was £20m. Also the fact that Santos didn't receive the full fee is irrelevant because they haven't been paying his full wages for a while either. If they haven't been the only investor in Neymar, hence not being the only party to have risked money in him, then why should they reap more benefit than their share?

You're dancing around in circles. Firstly it was the fee and now it's Santos not receiving the full whack. Both your criticisms don't have merit.

Aye and in pounds Neymar was 24m, which Santos only get 55% of. Anyway i see people disagree so i won't continue.

FYP  O0

To people in here saying that Santos would have got more money a couple of years ago. You'd think its all about money and nothing to do with winning things

But even financially they haven't made it too much worse. They average 5k more attendance when he plays at home then when he doesn't. They've gone furhter in continental cups and regionals cups meaning a fair bit of money coming in. Thanks to him they've also received better sponsorships deals. It's just plain stupid to think that Santos have done some bad deal here. I think it's been pretty close to perfect. Maybe they could've done better by selling him in January, but then they wouldn't have been a goal away from four straight Campeonato Paulista titles.

Jesus this argument is shite like  :lol:

Some of the argument on this place at times  :lol:

Jesus this argument is shite like  :lol:

Some of the argument on this place at times  :lol:

Gonna be a throw down on whether Santos got a good deal of not.  :lol:

Douglas gone to Kuban Krasnodar

Not yet confirmed, but aye, looks that way. I haven't even heard of them. Seems like a truly terrible career move for him. A high profile move to one of the big leagues and one season of proving himself at that level would have probably meant going to the WC as well in his home country. Can't see Van Gaal checking him out regularly in f***ing Russia.

@GFN_France: DONE DEAL: Important to understand that all the dealing for Falcao's transfer to Monaco is done. €55m + add ons. Medical tomorrow. #Atletico

:anguish:

It's not really at all. Mostly full of empty apartments and greasy tax-dodgers.

Yes, but not exactly a long way to Nice and other places and the whole coast is one of the most beautiful areas in Europe, so I don't think he will be bored.

Douglas gone to Kuban Krasnodar

Not yet confirmed, but aye, looks that way. I haven't even heard of them. Seems like a truly terrible career move for him. A high profile move to one of the big leagues and one season of proving himself at that level would have probably meant going to the WC as well in his home country. Can't see Van Gaal checking him out regularly in f***ing Russia.

Eh he would never have gone to the WC man. What you on about? Might as well and try to get as much money as possible in.

It's not really at all. Mostly full of empty apartments and greasy tax-dodgers.

Yes, but not exactly a long way to Nice and other places and the whole coast is one of the most beautiful areas in Europe, so I don't think he will be bored.

Spot on - can't think of many better places to play football with a load of money..