Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Guest CheickMansour

Don't understand why anybody would want Arsenal to fall out of the top four. They're the only side at the top that is doing things the right way. I'd be horrified if Nasri went to Man f***ing City.

Aye it amazes me how some people will complain about the crazy transfer spending by the likes of City, yet they'll slag off Wenger for not splashing big.

Not saying Arsenal don't need to spend a bit, but it's good that they're trying to run the club without racking up tens of millions in debt.

Has more to do with the Arsenal fans I know here in America. I'm not sure they would know what to do. They would definitely tell me it's 10x worse than being relegated.

I have grown very tired of Wenger and his players constantly complaining about things though.

Much prefer Arsenal or even Spurs to be in the CL ahead of Man C or Chelsea. Clubs that grown organically rather than through a rich benefactor, Liverpool are the exception to this rule as they're a pack of cunts who I'd happily see out of business.

Don't understand why anybody would want Arsenal to fall out of the top four. They're the only side at the top that is doing things the right way. I'd be horrified if Nasri went to Man fucking City.

Man Utd are doing things the right way.  Van der Sar retires so what do they do?  Sign the best young keeper in Europe.

Arsenal also have goalkeeper problems but what do they do?  Nothing, just keep playing proven flops.  Wenger's stubbornness is really stopping Arsenal's progression.  Yes he's done great things for them but no trophies in 6 years says it all.  Everyone can see they need to spend big money to keep up with other teams, and maybe if they did this players like Fabregas would want to stay.  Until they address this instead of trying to win things with inexperienced youngsters then blaming everyone else but themselves when they fail, it's hard to feel any sympathy for them.

Don't understand why anybody would want Arsenal to fall out of the top four. They're the only side at the top that is doing things the right way. I'd be horrified if Nasri went to Man fucking City.

Man Utd are doing things the right way.  Van der Sar retires so what do they do?  Sign the best young keeper in Europe.

Arsenal also have goalkeeper problems but what do they do?  Nothing, just keep playing proven flops.  Wenger's stubbornness is really stopping Arsenal's progression.  Yes he's done great things for them but no trophies in 6 years says it all.  Everyone can see they need to spend big money to keep up with other teams, and maybe if they did this players like Fabregas would want to stay.  Until they address this instead of trying to win things with inexperienced youngsters then blaming everyone else but themselves when they fail, it's hard to feel any sympathy for them.

Agree with this, they are going about it the right way at the basic level but Wenger has continually gone against the grain at the vital time and this has cost them.

Without Wenger and the model that has been implemented at Arsenal they'd probably be a mid-table team. The fact they manage to get in the Champions League every season, play in a wonderful stadium, have watched fantastic players over the years, play an attractive style of football and are just about the only club in top European competition that is in the black is a minor footballing miracle quite frankly. They run the perfect footballing/financial model, and they're the only club on these shores that have done it. A lot of people seem to forget this fact simply because they have always been at the top in recent years.

Wenger pisses me off with his naivety and stubborness and yes every man and their dog can see clear as day they that they have a pathetically soft centre. However these irritancies pale into insignifcance with plastic, abhorrent monstrosities like Chelsea and Man City being able to just buy the way to the top with ready made stars. I find it absurd that any football fan would advocate the 'success' of these clubs at the expense of a club like Arsenal.

Without Wenger and the model that has been implemented at Arsenal they'd probably be a mid-table team. The fact they manage to get in the Champions League every season, play in a wonderful stadium, have watched fantastic players over the years, play an attractive style of football and are just about the only club in top European competition that is in the black is a minor footballing miracle quite frankly. They run the perfect footballing/financial model, and they're the only club on these shores that have done it. A lot of people seem to forget this fact simply because they have always been at the top in recent years.

Wenger pisses me off with his naivety and stubborness and yes every man and their dog can see clear as day they that they have a pathetically soft centre. However these irritancies pale into insignifcance with plastic, abhorrent monstrosities like Chelsea and Man City being able to just buy the way to the top with ready made stars. I find it absurd that any football fan would advocate the 'success' of these clubs at the expense of a club like Arsenal.

:thup:

Furthermore, it's not even that Wenger needs to bite the bullet and spend money to compete as has been said, I think he just doesn't really care about goalkeepers or centre halves, it's more of an annoyance to him that takes away from what he loves concentrating on. When he does buy them now, he tries to buy them for their ability with their feet ahead of what he should be buying them for first and foremost.

:clap:

Got a feeling that City are going to have a real go at both the League and the Champions League this season. They've won their first pot and they'll want to push on and make an impact in Europe too. Signing players like Nasri to bulk out the top end with quality is exactly what they need to do to be able to rest players to keep them fresh for when they're needed.

I'm sure Village Idiot mentioned a few weeks ago that Barca had already found a way around the new turnover legislation stuff coming in and I'm sure City will somehow manage to wangle things so they can still pay top dollar for new players.

Their bubble isn't bursting just yet so we may as well get used to it...:hmm:

:thup:

Furthermore, it's not even that Wenger needs to bite the bullet and spend money to compete as has been said, I think he just doesn't really care about goalkeepers or centre halves, it's more of an annoyance to him that takes away from what he loves concentrating on. When he does buy them now, he tries to buy them for their ability with their feet ahead of what he should be buying them for first and foremost.

Never really thought of his apparent stubbornness in that way but it sounds about right.

Gash - are fans still wholeheartedly with Wenger? As Sewelly said, he's performed miracles for you at times and there's no doubting the man has been and still is one of the world's greatest managers, but when does an appreciation of his work run out and a full-on thirst for trophies take over and translate into a visible anti-Wenger feeling? Or do you think that no matter what happens, he'll remain a saint in the eyes of your fans?

Got a feeling that City are going to have a real go at both the League and the Champions League this season. They've won their first pot and they'll want to push on and make an impact in Europe too. Signing players like Nasri to bulk out the top end with quality is exactly what they need to do to be able to rest players to keep them fresh for when they're needed.

I'm sure Village Idiot mentioned a few weeks ago that Barca had already found a way around the new turnover legislation stuff coming in and I'm sure City will somehow manage to wangle things so they can still pay top dollar for new players.

If VI sees this, I'd be interested to see what that Barca strategy is like. But aye, they're going to be serious contenders next year whether we like it or not. Part of me welcomes the fact that it will be someone else challenging at the top, but a much bigger part of me detests the fluky lottery winning twats.

Part of me welcomes the fact that it will be someone else challenging at the top, but a much bigger part of me detests the fluky lottery winning twats.

It's definitely good to see other teams challenging at the top, just not in the way that it's happened.

I reckon it's a genuine 3 horse race next season. Mancini had just about cracked it in the second half of last season and a lot of the players (Dzeko and Ballotelli for example) are surely going to be stronger this time out.

How they'd get round, set up another company to pay the wages or something like that?

Guest kingdawson

Get in, striker situation finally sorted. We've signed Antonio Pedroza Whitham.

Is he that English/Mexican kid?

Yep. Under a mill so nothing to lose i guess. You seen him?

Get in, striker situation finally sorted. We've signed Antonio Pedroza Whitham.

Is he that English/Mexican kid?

Yep. Under a mill so nothing to lose i guess. You seen him?

Nope, only place I know him from is the above piece ^

Guest Roger Kint

Knew I'd heard the name before. There was Vickery piece on him a bit back...http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/timvickery/2011/05/vickery_23.html

Mentioned him a couple of times on Talksport during his weekly segment, knows his shit does wor Tim

I reckon it's a genuine 3 horse race next season. Mancini had just about cracked it in the second half of last season and a lot of the players (Dzeko and Ballotelli for example) are surely going to be stronger this time out.

How they'd get round, set up another company to pay the wages or something like that?

He mentioned it a while ago, I'll try to dig it out but they've basically found a loophole. Can't remember what thread it was though. :hmm:

I asked him to expand a bit at the time but I'm not sure he did. :lol: