Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Just saw this on skysports.com regarding this supposed Liverpool bid for Savic.

"The 20-year-old is regarded as one of the best young defenders in Europe, so it is little surprise Liverpool have shown an interest."

...cause Liverpool identify and show interest in all of Europe's best young players?

The Times say #LFC's second bid for Downing was rejected by #AVFC. #LFC's first bid was £12m, latest was £15m.

:lol: f***ing Liverpool man.

Yep :lol:

£15 million for Downing? :lol: seriously man!

Now compare to 20m for Henderson.

Seems like a fucking steal now, dunnit?

Guest Roger Kint

If they get anything like £15m for Downing then IMO we can wave goodbye to N'Zogbia.

Especially with recent developments indicating that Villa are apparently leading the race to sign N'Zogbia :(

In what way do they lead a race without bidding or doing anything? One of those pointless statements only used in football rumours(maybe should be in the pet hates thread)

Velez Sarsfiled Club Atletica announce that the club has reached an agreement with the authorities of FC Inter Milan, Italy, for the transfer of Ricardo Alvarez

If you believe what you read we were £1m - £2m short with our bid, they wanted £8m rising to £12m, we offered £7m rising to £10m.

Ridiculous, if he's good enough we should have paid it. I hope he has something else planned, I presume he would have been Arshavin's eventual replacement.

Chelsea have enquired about Nasri, Arsene Wenger has been a long time admirer of Kalou and I like him too but again it's an African if we did sell him to Chelsea (which I don't think will happen) Arsene Wenger would probably ask for Kalou in the deal.

Guest neesy111

Liverpool are just signing players on the back of having a good last season, it'll end in tears. :)

Guest palnese

Two players heading to Blackpool as well?

On loan? Jonjojojon Shelvey and Darby, I think I read somewhere.

So if they sign Adam and Downing what will liverpools midfield be next season?

Reina

Maxi- Adam - Gerrard - Henderson - Spearing-  Meireles - Cole - Downing

Carroll        Suarez

Who needs defenders pfft.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Naturally, Liverpool fans are delighted and feel Dalglish is a mastermind. TBG has the same issue I have - I can't see how all these signings form a framework for a matchday squad. How do they link together? How do they cover each others weaknesses and highlight strenghts? Be interesting to see where it goes.

Naturally, Liverpool fans are delighted and feel Dalglish is a mastermind. TBG has the same issue I have - I can't see how all these signings form a framework for a matchday squad. How do they link together? How do they cover each others weaknesses and highlight strenghts? Be interesting to see where it goes.

Basically what I think. I don't think the players they are signing are what they need whatsoever :dontknow:

Guest Roger Kint

Gerrard        Mereiles/Lucas        Adam

Downing                                                                                                                        Suarez

Carroll

Rest bench/squad players. Btw you missed out Lucas

Guest neesy111

Adam won't look a 1/3 of the player he was at Blackpool when he's not the lynch pin of the team.

Gerrard        Mereiles/Lucas        Adam

Downing                                                                                                                         Suarez

Carroll

Rest bench/squad players. Btw you missed out Lucas

Maxi? Cole? Aquilani? £20m Henderson? Kuyt?

It's too many midfielders to just say you'll use them on the bench/ when players need resting.