Barcelona win Champions League Final 10/11

Taylor Swift
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hopefully some Man Utd fans were firmly put in their place. Many I've spoken to - most of them actually, surprisingly, know plenty about their football - were somewhat ignorant of how good Barca were. All the usual made-up weaknesses were given:

• They're not good in the air

• Their defence isn't very good, because if a side scores loads of goals, they HAVE to be poor defensively

• They're a bunch of nasty divers - didn't see an awful lot of that last night, infact I more saw a rather gracious side showing great respect for their opponents, going as far as to give them a guard of honour

• I wonder if Messi can deliver on the big stage

And all the weaknesses were quickly thrown out the window. Man Utd, one of the greatest sides in football history, were taught a footballing lesson by a team which are fast becoming THE greatest side in football history in terms of how to play the game. They're not invincible, but as long as this side stays together then I'm sure as hell going to enjoy it. An absolute joy to watch.

Could things have been any diffrent if Man U came out and shut up shop for about 75 mins. I mean let barca have the ball and just sat back, preserved some energy and parked 9 players outside thier own box. Then hit them on the break- and had a go at them the last 15 mins. As it was chasing shadows- they were fuked by the last 15mins.

That's another thing, I said after that abortion of a semi-final that the diving and playacting would be at an absolute bare-minimum in the final. Draw your own conclusions to why that is.

They had the NERVE to SARCASTICALLY clap the LOSERS off the pitch. Nasty foreigners.

What a moment like, giving the trophy to Abidal. Pure class. :clap:

Guest Stephen927

Man United couldn't beat Barca if they played them every week for a year. Totally outclassed.

Decent game to watch but Man United were on the ropes from the 10th minute onwards.

Ferguson's fault is not playing like Real Madrid/Inter.  To be honest, you have no chance to win unless you adopt a Mourinho's style counter attack tactics against Barca.

Lets not kid on that Jose has Barca number as last season he could not beat  Barca in 90 mins in 5 games.

He doesn't but he has beaten/drawn Braca at least thrice with Inter and Madrid. He is the closest to having a blueprint to deal with Barca. Nobody else comes close, Fergie tried to be brave and played 2 strikers and it proved to be his own undoing.

Jose has played Barca more than any other manager & he has won 1 game within 90 mins while at Inter & another with Real Madird in extra time. Last season Barcelona beat Real Madrid 5-0 & won the CL semi final in 1st leg with a 2-0 away from home. Jose like SAF has not got plan or the players to beat Barca on a regular basis he has Ronaldo who should always give him a chance in one offs.

You got to analyze those results more before drawing a conclusion.

With Real Madrid, Mourinho has played Barcelona 5 times. The results were:

League

1) 0-5 defeat (where he tried attacking like Man Utd did last night...i.e. not the blueprint obviously)

2) 1-1 draw (with ten men...Raul Albiol sent off)

Cup

1-0 Win (changed tactics to said blueprint i.e. flooding the midfield and used C.Ronaldo as focal point for counter attack - on a side note, don't get why you seem to dismiss this win just because it went to extra time...so what? extra time had no impact on the tactics of both teams, it was 11 vs 11 for 119 minutes)

Champions League

1) 0-2 Loss (although both goals scored after Pepe got sent off, which obviously changed the way the game was played)

2) 1-1 Draw

Now with Inter in CL last season

1) 3-1 Win (used blueprint, goals were from lighting fast counter attack)

2) 0-1 Loss (again played with 10 men after Thiago was sent off early)

So out of 7 games,  I would say Mourinho used the said blueprint 6 out of 7 times. The results were 2 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses. Both losses were when they were reduced to 10 men, which meant that the blueprint was not applicable anymore, (you can't possibly flood the midfield with 10 men).

When it was 11 against 11, Mourinho's teams beat Barcelona twice and drew once. For a team like Barcelona, I would say that is as close as you'll get to a blueprint!

That's another thing, I said after that abortion of a semi-final that the diving and playacting would be at an absolute bare-minimum in the final. Draw your own conclusions to why that is.

err because Man Utd tried to play attacking football (with two strikers) which worked perfectly for Barcelona. The diving and cheating to get opponent sent off is Barcelona's Plan B, they only use it when they can't get past a flooded midfield.

err because Man Utd tried to play attacking football (with two strikers) which worked perfectly for Barcelona. The diving and cheating to get opponent sent off is Barcelona's Plan B, they only use it when they can't get past a flooded midfield.

what a load of shite man, can you provide examples of this other than games against real?

when they lost/drew in the league did they resort to it?

mourinho is the common denominator

alpal78.

You take everything into account that would benefit your argument.

How about the 1-1 draw in the 2nd CL tie when Barcelona turned couple of notches down and just tried to play the game out. Had they kept giving their all maybe they would've won. Fact is Mourinho is not the best manager in the world right now, Pep is ;)

Stop licking Mourinho arse ffs.

He lost in the group stages to Barca last season too btw.

Yup you are right, a 2-0 defeat and a 0-0 draw. I can't remember what tactics he used then. But even if we assume that he used the blueprint, then the record for 11 against 11 is still 2 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss. Still impressive.

:lol: Right oh.

Watched this in a pub in Leeds. Atmosphere was absolutely fantastic.

Victory for football over complete c***s.

Aye, Man Utd weren't complete cunts yesterday though tbh. Man Utd tried to go out there and play, but unfortunately, Barcelona on a good day are impossible to beat.

alpal78.

How about the 1-1 draw in the 2nd CL tie when Barcelona turned couple of notches down and just tried to play the game out. Had they kept giving their all maybe they would've won. Fact is Mourinho is not the best manager in the world right now, Pep is ;)

What the hell, I was arguing about tactics and how to beat Barcelona. Never mentioned anything about Mourinho being the best, you're can't stop bumming Pep can you.

Regarding the 1-1, yes perhaps Barcelona took it easy, perhaps so did Madrid coz they had given up hope by then (Mourinho said after the first leg, that they're out already). I took the result for what it was.

alpal78.

What the hell, I was arguing about tactics and how to beat Barcelona. Never mentioned anything about Mourinho being the best, you're can't stop bumming Pep can you.

Regarding the 1-1, yes perhaps Barcelona took it easy, perhaps so did Madrid coz they had given up hope by then (Mourinho said after the first leg, that they're out already). I took the result for what it was.

You're licking Mourinhos 'blueprint' arse.

Yup laugh all you want, the facts speak for themselves. Against Madrid, barring the 5-0 when Madrid did try to foolishly go all out attack, Barcelona has only beaten Madrid when they got a player sent off and the goals came after the sending off.

Ronaldo's right like, aslong as injuries don't curtail him Xavi could play till he's 40. Absolutely awesome footballer.

:thup:

Aye, Iniesta is more lovable though. That pale spanish guy.

alpal78.

You're licking Mourinhos 'blueprint' arse.

How very matured, I take it you can't refute my argument then

Yup laugh all you want, the facts speak for themselves. Against Madrid, barring the 5-0 when Madrid did try to foolishly go all out attack, Barcelona has only beaten Madrid when they got a player sent off and the goals came after the sending off.

so are you now saying this plan b is only enacted against real madrid then, or is it a generic plan b to be used whenever things don't go their way?

Pretty much.

Anyone who thinks Mounhino has Barca sussed is crazy. At Inter he played them 4 times won 1 lost 2 & drew 1. At Real Madird it is played 5  won 1 (IN EXTRA TIME), lost 2  drew 2. Overall in the last 2 seasons Jose record is played 9 won 2.  That is not #winning

At Real Madrid he has some of the best players outside of Barcelona & if all he can do is nick a ET winner with the brilliance of Ronaldo most every team is f***ed.

I didn't deny that. I'm laughing at your belief that the reason for Barcelona winning a tough game is that they automatically resort to "diving and cheating to get an opponent sent off".