Gervinho

Dave

Guest MrSundlofer

Don't think he has rejected or accepted anything. It's just logical = finished his season with Lille, away on international duty with Ivory Coast, and just returned to France to discuss his future with his agent.

Guest taps01

All of these articles (yesterday's Arsenal related one with quotes from his agent, today's Newcastle one with quotes from his agent, this one with quotes from him)... they're only answering questions about specific situations...

- agent asked about Arsenal --> agent talks about possibility Arsenal

- agent asked about Newcastle --> agent talks about Newcastle

- player asked about possibility of staying at Lille --> player talks about it.

It doesn't mean he's agreed to anything, or is angling for anything... it's just what he's been asked about.

Well put.

He's just looking for a big pay day

Or a bigger club?

Not if he stays where he is for more money

Lille have just won the double in France, as well as having Champions League football next year.

and yet he is looking to leave or is he just after trying to force them into offering him a better deal?

Or a bigger club?

Lille have just won the double in France, as well as having Champions League football next year.

and yet he is looking to leave or is he just after trying to force them into offering him a better deal?

He obviously sees Lille as a bigger draw than us, and Arsenal and City as a bigger draw than Lille. It's not necessarily about money.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Or a bigger club?

He obviously sees Lille as a bigger draw than us, and Arsenal and City as a bigger draw than Lille. It's not necessarily about money.

How is that obvious

We can only truly say this once his decision is made and even then it depends on u's knowing if a bid ever existed

Or a bigger club?

How is that obvious

We can only truly say this once his decision is made and even then it depends on u's knowing if a bid ever existed

Aye, but we do know he's been quoted as saying he'd like Champions League football, something that instantly make those clubs more appealing than ourselves.

Guest WisconsinMagpie

All of these articles (yesterday's Arsenal related one with quotes from his agent, today's Newcastle one with quotes from his agent, this one with quotes from him)... they're only answering questions about specific situations...

- agent asked about Arsenal --> agent talks about possibility Arsenal

- agent asked about Newcastle --> agent talks about Newcastle

- player asked about possibility of staying at Lille --> player talks about it.

It doesn't mean he's agreed to anything, or is angling for anything... it's just what he's been asked about.

He might be this guileless. But agents usually coach players to be purposeful with the press.

Reports yesterday morning suggested the player favours mega-rich City, but agent Boisseau rebuffed those claims. “Nothing is finalised on Gervinho’s future,” he said. “Gervinho will make his decision either by the end of the week or very early next week. He has many options and there has been a lot of interest in him.

“For the moment, we’re not in a posi-tion to say anything about where he will go.

“I can’t say anything about Newcastle – we have a good relationship with them and other clubs. The matter is confidential and it is impossible to confirm where he will be going.”

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/06/08/yohan-cabaye-set-to-become-nufc-player-by-the-weekend-61634-28839761/2/#ixzz1Ofe8TTpe

So next month then. But really the signs aren't looking good. Like some of you have said, as soon as a club who can offer Champions League football turns up, then Gervinho will surely go there, we are his last choice.

Reports yesterday morning suggested the player favours mega-rich City, but agent Boisseau rebuffed those claims. “Nothing is finalised on Gervinho’s future,” he said. “Gervinho will make his decision either by the end of the week or very early next week. He has many options and there has been a lot of interest in him.

“For the moment, we’re not in a posi-tion to say anything about where he will go.

“I can’t say anything about Newcastle – we have a good relationship with them and other clubs. The matter is confidential and it is impossible to confirm where he will be going.”

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/06/08/yohan-cabaye-set-to-become-nufc-player-by-the-weekend-61634-28839761/2/#ixzz1Ofe8TTpe

So next month then. But really the signs aren't looking good. Like some of you have said, as soon as a club who can offer Champions League football turns up, then Gervinho will surely go there, we are his last choice.

Don't the Newcastle Hierachy love the veil of silence/secrecy? Maybe they have said that If you say anything we will pull the plug?

Don't the Newcastle Hierachy love the veil of silence/secrecy? Maybe they have said that If you say anything we will pull the plug?

Possibly, we'll see. I'm not too confident about it mind.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi
MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Gervinho confirms he will leave Lille. Eng his preferred destination, apparently. This is 24hrs after saying he may stay. #transferbluster

Guest VegasToon

We have 100% offered him terms. No other club have, fact. His agent is trying to get other clubs involved.

Guest axel

99% Sure he's not coming here, he has the choice between of winning almost every game and playing in europe or playing for us..

If what Shearergol says is right and with gervinho saying this (espicially the bit in bold):

"I have made my mind up. I will soon meet the club and let them know, but they understand my feelings that I want to prove myself in a top league in Europe.

"My agents are moving things as I want, people know where my future lies, it is in England."

It looks good then, doesnt it?

He can't exactly meet a club who hasnt bid for him.

If what Shearergol says is right and with gervinho saying this (espicially the bit in bold:

"I have made my mind up. I will soon meet the club and let them know, but they understand my feelings that I want to prove myself in a top league in Europe.

"My agents are moving things as I want, people know where my future lies, it is in England."

It looks good then, doesnt it?

Sounds like he's meeting Lille, not the club he's signing for.