Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Guest mimifrench

From what i've read and heard, some people are still doubting on him to be a starter in the XI French squad (too light).

Some people said he wasn't that good yesterday, the opinions are much more "finely shaded".

Moreover, he had a very defensive role...

Resale value  :celb:

Seriously though,I  he see him as a vice captain. He got the an aggressiveness, desire and a creativity we've lacked at CM. A bit improvement in his language skills and he's just the man for the job. He'll be the best and sexiest vice captain in the league  :smitten:

What do you think?

From what i've read and heard, some people are still doubting on him to be a starter in the XI French squad (too light).

Some people said he wasn't that good yesterday, the opinions are much more "finely shaded".

Too light? As in he isn't strong enough?

He's not the biggest player, but from the little i've seen of him he's never struck me as a player who will struggle physicaly in the centre. He's also played a fairly defensive role in the first 3 games for Newcastle this season, looked great when he got forward a bit more against Fulham though.

Xavi...

Guest mimifrench

Xavi...

Honestly, he is miles away from that level... which is quite normal, given Xavi's level.

Cabaye needs to reinforce himself (i mean athletically) and to improve his vision of the game. Then he'll be a top player for you and maybe in 1 or 2 years Sir Alex Ferguson will call him lol

Xavi...

Honestly, he is miles away from that level... which is quite normal, given Xavi's level.

Cabaye needs to reinforce himself (i mean athletically) and to improve his vision of the game. Then he'll be a top player for you and maybe in 1 or 2 years Sir Alex Ferguson will call him lol

I'm aware he isn't quite at that level, but believe he can play a similar role for us, that Xavi plays for Barcelona/Spain.

Guest mimifrench

But calling Marvin Martin "little Xavi" is ok i guess :lol:

I would say both tecnically and physically, Martin much more looks like to Xavi. Martin can both defend and have some tecnical skills, which isn't the case of Cabaye...

I would say both tecnically and physically, Martin much more looks like to Xavi. Martin can both defend and have some tecnical skills, which isn't the case of Cabaye...

Stop being nasty about wor Yohan, he can be anything he wants to be!

Come on, man. That's just wrong.

Guest mimifrench

Stop being nasty about wor Yohan, he can be anything he wants to be!

Calm down  :lol:  I also like Cabaye, i just said that to compare him to Xavi is a bit exagerated !

Guest mimifrench

Have you just ever seen Cabaye dribbling someone ? Just answer please...

Guest mimifrench

mimi, I love you with everything I have, but you're edging very near the line here.

Just tell me what i've done wrong...

But in fact, if you all think Sammy Ameobi is like Messi  :lol: i understand your reactions.

I don't know what image everyone else is getting from reading that.......... :D

Technique and dribbling. Two quite different things. Cabaye may not have the biggest repertoar when it comes to dribbling, but he has great technique. And Cabaye is way better/more prone to defending than Martin.

mimi, I love you with everything I have, but you're edging very near the line here.

Just tell me what i've done wrong...

But in fact, if you all think Sammy Ameobi is like Messi  :lol: i understand your reactions.

No, we just joke when we say that.

Messi is nowhere near as good.