Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Guest elbee909

One of the Lille fans calls us a shitty club but then seems to think Dwight Yorke played for us.  Silly poisson.

May i ask you a simple question ? : Do some of you have already seen Cabaye play ?? Because i have the feeling the answer is no, so i don't understand why you are so enthousiast lol

Don't hate me but i think gervinho won't come.

Saw him tonight for the first time. Probably not the best game to judge him by, as it didn't really mean anything. Still thought he had a decent game, some of his passing was excellent.

The reason we are enthusiastic is because he's clearly highly regarded in France, he wouldn't be in the national squad if he wasn't.

Guest mimifrench

May i ask you a simple question ? : Do some of you have already seen Cabaye play ?? Because i have the feeling the answer is no, so i don't understand why you are so enthousiast lol

Don't hate me but i think gervinho won't come.

Still with the negativity mimi. Miss the old you tbh.

I'm really going to take offence...

Guest elbee909

For all their nice comments there were a few calling Newcastle a shithole and bad mouthing the club. The le troll is perfectly acceptable.

Entirely personal experience of Paris but man, they love their dog-shit there.  Wall to wall.

Going to be on four times his salary at Lille, according to one.  Meh.

Very early for those kind of details. Anyway, I think we can be confident Big Mike's not going to be breaking the bank.

:puke:

Guest elbee909

mimi I still like you!

Me too!

Seriously, I love the French posters, they've brought a whole new dimension to this place.

They're no Wearside. :)

Going to be on four times his salary at Lille, according to one.  Meh.

Very early for those kind of details. Anyway, I think we can be confident Big Mike's not going to be breaking the bank.

:puke:

That was deliberate BTW!

mimi I still like you!

Me too!

Seriously, I love the French posters, they've brought a whole new dimension to this place.

Agreed.  And I'd trade taxfree for any of the French posters bad mouthing Newcastle any day of the week.

First I've watched him, have to agree with those who said the match wasn't exactly played at a cracking pace - have to take that into account.  Still, looked awfully tidy.  Good range of passing, it would appear - he kept the moves going when needed, had more than one excellent long ball.  Dropped deep at times, went forward when necessary.  Seems a natural fit to go alongside Tiote and form a nice platform upon which players like Ben Arfa, etc. can operate. 

Apparently can take a good set piece, too.  For 4.4 million or whatever it is, seems a bargain.