Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

A blind man could see that Liverpool have progressed under Rodgers, it took a little while for his philosophies to Come to fruition, however they play good football, I can see them challenging with spurs, arsenal next season.

I believe it when i see it, people say the same about Liverpool every single year.

I'll bet Yohan Cabaye would look 100x better playing for Rogers than he does under Pardew.

Cabaye would look better under Mark Hughes than he does under Pardew, it doesn't really make Rodgers fantastic or anything.

A blind man could see that Liverpool have progressed under Rodgers, it took a little while for his philosophies to Come to fruition, however they play good football, I can see them challenging with spurs, arsenal next season.

Me too sadly. Rodgers really showed up Pardew's laughable assertions that you can only compete in the Premier League with a full strength team all of the time. Their best player was out and it didn't phase them one bit, that's without even mentioning the fact that Jamie f***ing Carragher was playing.

I don't think Carragher is as bad as people make out, he's hit a purple patch of late. Yeh he's slow and not technically gifted, but he is the heart and soul of that football club, I think people ignore how important influential figures are out on the pitch and in the dressing room. We could do with our own Carragher or Nolan right now.

Guest Phil K

I'll bet Yohan Cabaye would look 100x better playing for Rogers than he does under Pardew.

Pardew would make Pele look sh**e

Was it the players fault when Liverpool were playing s**** under Dalglish? Strange how they all look much happier and motivated under Rogers with his attacking, passing football.

They weren't playing s**** under Dalglish.

They were playing s**** enough for him to get sacked.

Due to results really, their performances were not actually that bad.... results wise things have not changed much at all for them.

WHAT? Performance wise they weren't bad last season? Liverpool were fucking horrible to watch man, they're much better this season than they were last. I think Rodgers main problem was signing Borini, could definitely have wasted that money on someone better, but performance wise this Liverpool side on its day is 10x better than Dalglishes Liverpool on its day last season.

Do you not credit players (or individuals) with any human agency?

Pardew is not controlling the players movements from the side of the pitch.

I manage people and, in turn, am managed by others higher up the food chain. I wouldn't dream of under performing in order to make my boss's plan purposely fail, no matter how I'll thought out I felt it was.

Why? Because it's unprofessional and the impact on my organisation, which I actually care about, could be disastrous.

The game was lost before a ball was kicked? Shame no-one told 50,000 Toon fans beforehand.

I've never said that they are deliberately underperforming so I don’t know why you’ve brought that one up.

If you do manage people then go into work tomorrow and take away whatever tools the people who work for you need to do whatever they do and come back and tell us how well they get on.  Also, go in tomorrow and set them targets and tell them that everything that has ever gone wrong is down to them and them alone, again, come back and tell us how they get on.  If you have inexperienced people working for you, tell them that they're not good enough.  Tell them that they're going to fail and tell them the reason that they'll fail and come back and tell us why they failed.  While youre at it, go outside of your office and slag them off within a distance which allows them to hear what you're saying about them.

Oh and start looking for another job because you're going to be out of yours if you do that.

Me too, but why must you again and again try to excuse the players from all blame?

So we can get to the source of the problem and fix it rather than putting doubts as to where the problem lies.

Was it the players fault when Liverpool were playing shite under Dalglish? Strange how they all look much happier and motivated under Rogers with his attacking, passing football.

They weren't playing shite under Dalglish.

They were playing shite enough for him to get sacked.

More to do with the Suarez saga.

Was it the players fault when Liverpool were playing s**** under Dalglish? Strange how they all look much happier and motivated under Rogers with his attacking, passing football.

They weren't playing s**** under Dalglish.

They were playing s**** enough for him to get sacked.

Due to results really, their performances were not actually that bad.... results wise things have not changed much at all for them.

WHAT? Performance wise they weren't bad last season? Liverpool were f***ing horrible to watch man, they're much better this season than they were last. I think Rodgers main problem was signing Borini, could definitely have wasted that money on someone better, but performance wise this Liverpool side on its day is 10x better than Dalglishes Liverpool on its day last season.

I extremely disagree, they created shat loads last season and more often than not were on top in the possession stakes they just were not clinical.

The main thing Rodgers has done which he deserves credit for is making Suarez the man of the team but performance wise the levels have not changed much.

A lot of people forget they was in their top 6 till they won the cup final and then they completely fell apart, they were not as bad as the results suggested.

Just like they are not as good as the performances suggest this year.

As i said i will believe it when i see it as Liverpool are touted for big things every f*cking season and they are 7th nowhere near contending for 4th.

Me too, but why must you again and again try to excuse the players from all blame?

So we can get to the source of the problem and fix it rather than putting doubts as to where the problem lies.

The source is obvious. You're just denying the symptoms.

Expand.

The source is the owner. The symptoms are a manager and playing squad acquired with price and availability, not stature and suitability, in mind.

Expand.

The source is the owner. The symptoms are a manager and playing squad acquired with price and availability, not stature and suitability, in mind.

Well hopefully the source will put that right by getting rid of the major symptom. It will be a start.

Again, that's far too simplistic because the playing squad are better than our current position and the owner isn't telling the manager to underperform, I hope. 

He’s allowing it to happen and he needs to do something about it.

Expand.

Absolutely agree with you on this - couldn't put it better myself.

Guest neesy111

Expand.

:thup:

Nothing at this club will change until Ashley and Llambias are out of the club for good.

I don't see how they can be blamed for this situation at all. We wanted stability, they gave the man an 8 year contract. We wanted them to invest, they chucked over £20m at players in January and acknowledged they dropped a bollock in the summer.

Nothing at this club will change until Ashley and Llambias are out of the club for good.

It's already changed we've got potentially a far better squad than we've had for years.If Ashley can get past his blinkered view on management then we could see a massive turn around next season.

It's already changed we've got potentially a far better squad than we've had for years.If Ashley can get past his blinkered view on management then we could see a massive turn around next season.

It's a fucking massive 'if' though :lol:

Guest neesy111

I don't see how they can be blamed for this situation at all. We wanted stability, they gave the man an 8 year contract. We wanted them to invest, they chucked over £20m at players in January and acknowledged they dropped a bollock in the summer.

They appointed someone they knew as a friend as manager without a justifiable footballing reason for him to be appointed, I find that absolutely awful decision in general.  It's not just that, apathy has set in across the whole club and it's stemmed from the actions of Ashley, Llambias and Mort for the last 6 years both on and off the pitch.

The transfer policy has been good but it still doesn't deliver a balanced squad, we just have team the right individuals come available for cheap.  We have no balance to the squad and still have to rely on Shola which is criminal in my eyes and it's not fair on him as well.