How good would we actually be if we got Gervinho/gameiro/Nzogbia - All of them?

Guest Flatline

Thing is we have to pay 'first team wages' for our bench players if we ever want to achieve anything in this league. A couple of injuries and we could be on to 4-5 games without a win, it's happened before, and it'll happen again if we keep trying to replace our first teamers with youth and s**** every time theres an injury.

Yeh, i totally agree, in the long run id hope that the bench eventually matches the quality on the pitch but for the time being there still has to be compromises made financially. Hopefully the progress, names and brand of football give us a profile to bring more money in and eventually add more quality and depth. Even if the likes of barton and jonas were to go, i still think the quality of the first team will be drastically improve which is THE key point.

Ferguson isn't Jonas.

Good spot.  :thup:

Point stands then.

You're point is an absurd joke, frankly. There must be half a dozen players on similar wages to Jonas to contribute less than half what he does.

Half a dozen on Jonas' wage? Preposterous.

Feel free to name then and why the club will sell them.

Ferguson isn't Jonas.

Point stands then.

You're point is an absurd joke, frankly. There must be half a dozen players on similar wages to Jonas to contribute less than half what he does.

Smith, Taylor, Xisco, Harper, Shola?

Alan Smith

Ryan Taylor

Shola Ameobi

Steven Taylor

Xisco

I managed 5. All of those players earn a similar amount and contribute far less. They should be higher up on your lovely list than Jonas.

You could even argue that Barton is more expendable, give than he's in the final year of his contract, older and far less versatile.

Ferguson isn't Jonas.

Point stands then.

Smith, Taylor, Xisco, Harper, Shola?

Agree with smith and xisco, not with the rest be it wages, potential transfer fee return or there role in the team.

Its just the way i see it, ashley wont get all those players without balanciing the books and jonas would be a prime candidate in my opinion.

This isnt what i want bytheway, i recognise the value of jonas to our team in recent years.

Interesting to note that even fans of other clubs (and by no means a 'rival' in this case, unfortunately) acknowledge that keeping Barton and Enrique this summer is absolutely key to our progression next season. We'll see.

Guest magpie99

Unfortunately, I think Enrique's mind is already made up and he will go for somewhere between 8 and 10 million quid.

To be honest, if we were to get the likes of N'Zogbia. Gervinho, M'Bengue, Gameiro for the quoted prices and taking into consideration the first year of their contracted salaries, we would break even with the sales of Enrique and Carroll money, savings on their salaries plus salary savings from the likes of Campbell, Kuqi etc.

Of course, I dont expect Ashley to fork out for that little lot but if he wants to get into Europe, that is what he needs to do.

Guest Flatline

Gameiro smells of flop to me... Gervinho..dunno man.. I get these Ronaldinho vibes,  already images going around in my head concerning him and Best with their shirts pulled up at Tup tup Palace..

Guest Flatline

I might be the only guy here on N-O to reckon that Barton is replacable. He has a good right foot and a nice court vision, but lacks pace and strength... I`d love it if he stayed but hardly losing any sleep over it..

We were about 2 mins from the top half THIS season.  Fair enough we had Carroll for half a season but we were also without Ben Arfa most of the season.

Let's not kid ourselves, we took advantage of a topsy-turvy league. Can't see things being as tight and easy next season.