Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

I can see him being used as part of a deal to get Carroll back.

Yip. Probably us writing out the clause and then promising to do a straight swap, keeps the pool fans thinking they've not been totally ripped off value wise while in reality they've paid £35m for a free transfer.

Still dictating where he plays i see. :)

Our most in form striker playing as a striker, it's literally mental.

When putting one player in form (which is debatable anyway, how many in the last eight?) handicaps the rest of the team it is mental.

Sorry to move a player who has 8 goals this season out of position in the hope the player who has scored 2 (and one of those is really, really generous) doesn't make any sense, imo. If Cisse was taking his chances (tbf he hasn't been given a great deal but he has missed some easy ones/strayed offside constantly etc..) then I could understand but he isn't, we are creating very little so I am just grateful one player is putting them away and don't believe we should risk moving said player to a position where he will be less prolific.

It's all about movement anyway. Play a 4-3-3 with Ba, Cisse and Ben Arfa all interchanging positions. That's what we done last season as Ba wasn't restricted to just the left which seems to always get mentioned.

Guest Howaythetoon

I thought he was superb tonight, his all-round game. Those that are so blasé about losing him/willing to see him shifted wide are fucking idiots to be honest, joint top league goalscorer despite playing in arguably one of the 3 worst sides in the division based on football and form. As for the grumpy/selfish shite, aye right, he worked his socks off tonight ad showed a lot of fight and passion for the cause.

I thought he was superb tonight, his all-round game. Those that are so blasé about losing him/willing to see him shifted wide are f***ing idiots to be honest, joint top league goalscorer despite playing in arguably one of the 3 worst sides in the division based on football and form. As for the grumpy/selfish s****, aye right, he worked his socks off tonight ad showed a lot of fight and passion for the cause.

Totally agree. Best striker since Shearer and people here would be happy to see him sold or moved wide.

Joint top scorer in the league now, he better not be out for long.

Be better if we sold him tbh.

The £7m we get for him will definitely get us a better player, if they can play out wide.

Doesn't Ba get half the money from this stupid clause? We're fucked if someone activates it.