Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Sooner we move past him the better.

Totally agree. If I was MA, I'd buy a top fwd this window and then knock his bargaining power right down. Either he stays or he goes, at this stage, I'd just wish he'd make his fucking mind up.

He's 27 now and has never been on the really big money. He's also probably not going to be able to play on well into his 30s.

He was one of the top scorers in the league last year and is up there again this year.

He has come from Africa to play in Europe, and the next contract he signs could well be his last. If he is asking for £80k+ then that is understandable at this stage of his career IMO.

He has shown himself to be a proven scorer at the top level, and when someone like Welbeck is on £70k-£80k then he is justified to ask why he shouldn't be as well.

Someone will probably give him that, and I wouldn't particularly begrudge him it -  for a free transfer you wouldn't be able to say he hadn't done well for us.

Saw the interview. He hasn't dismissed the possibility of a departure. Sound like his wish is to leave the club. Has also criticised Nufc long balls style of play.

Well then, this is not going to go down well at all with the management tomorrow morning.

He's 27 now and has never been on the really big money. He's also probably not going to be able to play on well into his 30s.

He was one of the top scorers in the league last year and is up there again this year.

He has come from Africa to play in Europe, and the next contract he signs could well be his last. If he is asking for £80k+ then that is understandable at this stage of his career IMO.

He has shown himself to be a proven scorer at the top level, and when someone like Welbeck is on £70k-£80k then he is justified to ask why he shouldn't be as well.

Someone will probably give him that, and I wouldn't particularly begrudge him it -  for a free transfer you wouldn't be able to say he hadn't done well for us.

Nitpicking but he hasn't come from Africa, he's born and bred in Paris.

Saw the interview. He hasn't dismissed the possibility of a departure. Sound like his wish is to leave the club. Has also criticised Nufc long balls style of play.

He's not the only one to have a go at our long ball football and it was always going to piss off our better players.

Well then, this is not going to go down well at all with the management tomorrow morning.

I doubt they'll give a shit tbh.

Has also criticised Nufc long balls style of play.

I'm sure many would blame our reliance on the long ball on his insistence on playing up front.

The last few games weren't long ball centric. We'd have been going long regardless of who is in the middle.

Nitpicking but he hasn't come from Africa, he's born and bred in Paris.

:lol:

Parisians would chuckle at that Wulls.

“The media know Arsenal need another striker and they know about my release clause. They need to make their own mind up about it”.

Read more: http://goonertalk.com/2012/12/16/demba-ba-arsenal-are-one-of-these-teams-who-make-you-dream/#ixzz2FG6pIZuD

lol no doubt forthcoming days, his turd agent will inform us that the player was misquoted.

Hope Ba and his crew can all p*ss off.

I'm sure many would blame our reliance on the long ball on his insistence on playing as a target man.

I doubt too many are daft enough to think that Ba is to blame for us playing the long ball.  :lol:

Ba Humbug

:lol:

Well, he infuriates me with his selfishness and his poor touch and lack of linking up, but I can't deny his goal scoring record. Losing him would be a blow no question, but I believe we'd be a better team with Cisse through the middle and a proper LW in the side.

I doubt they'll give a s*** tbh.

Probably not but I suspect Pardew will feel a bit let down. He has gone through all the trouble to get Ba playing in the centre and this interview will only sour things imo. But until I see a full transcript of the interview, I think it's best I don't jump to conclusions...