Mevlüt Erdinç

Guest sicko2ndbest

I was just speaking to a mate who supports PSG. He is expecting gameiro to come to them as they apparently have 140m to invest in players over the next 3 years. On the subject of erding he said he would happily drive him to Newcastle. Had quite a good year last year  apparently but he doesn't rate him, can't head a ball, is moderately quick, not very good at finishing is the description I got.

:omg:

Guest Antec

I was just speaking to a mate who supports PSG. He is expecting gameiro to come to them as they apparently have 140m to invest in players over the next 3 years. On the subject of erding he said he would happily drive him to Newcastle. Had quite a good year last year  apparently but he doesn't rate him, can't head a ball, is moderately quick, not very good at finishing is the description I got.

Oh dear, not good

I see you've dodged all the questions aimed at you regarding the amount of goals he's scored and the fact he was voted player of the year in 09/10.

Guest Antec

I see you've dodged all the questions aimed at you regarding the amount of goals he's scored and the fact he was voted player of the year in 09/10.

That sounds a lot better

Guest Wearside

The Black Cats are also keen on Paris St Germain striker Mevlut Erding. Newcastle are also interested in the 24-year-old Turkish forward, who is valued at £9m.

Full story: the Sun

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3635552/Sunderland-aim-to-beat-rivals-Newcastle-to-Mevlut-Erding.html

I would be amazed if we were after Erding,both Quinn and Bruce have repeated numerous times that the type of striker we are after is a physical targetman and Erding is certainly not that type of striker.

The Black Cats are also keen on Paris St Germain striker Mevlut Erding. Newcastle are also interested in the 24-year-old Turkish forward, who is valued at £9m.

Full story: the Sun

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3635552/Sunderland-aim-to-beat-rivals-Newcastle-to-Mevlut-Erding.html

I would be amazed if we were after Erding,both Quinn and Bruce have repeated numerous times that the type of striker we are after is a physical targetman and Erding is certainly not that type of striker.

Not a targetman, but he definitely has power and good physique. See your point though.

Interesting that the Chron mentions Pardew is looking to pair Ba with Erdinc. Might this mean 2 up front or a 3 with Erdinc and someone like N'zogbia either side of Ba?

Aye, was thinking the same thing myself, I just can't quite figure out where nzog and Ben arfa fit into all this, especially with pardew apparently saying he wanted to plate Ben arfa centrally.

Guest taps01

Interesting that the Chron mentions Pardew is looking to pair Ba with Erdinc. Might this mean 2 up front or a 3 with Erdinc and someone like N'zogbia either side of Ba?

Aye, was thinking the same thing myself, I just can't quite figure out where nzog and Ben arfa fit into all this, especially with pardew apparently saying he wanted to plate Ben arfa centrally.

Something we aren't used to but it would give us options!

i wouldnt be massively surprised if ben arfa isnt considered a starter in the new season and is phased in gradually

Guest Antec

Barton Tiote Cabaye

Ben Arfa                  Erding

Ba

or         Tiote Cabaye

N'Zogbia    Ben Arfa     Erding

Ba

Barton Tiote Cabaye

Ben Arfa                  Erding

Ba

or         Tiote Cabaye

N'Zogbia    Ben Arfa     Erding

Ba

Erding obviously won't play in that position if Jonás is available. He is a striker. End of.