Mass Exodus

Guest magpie99

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BooBoo

Still fairly concerned that we're seemingly keen to ship out the majority of our squad fillers. I think so far this summer we have:

Forster- bidded for by Celtic.

Enrique- Contact issue, likely to leave.

Colo- Supposed bid from Sevilla.

Perch- wants out

Smith- told to find a new club

Jonas- Some mutterings he can go if decent bid comes in.

Guthrie- Birmingham interested.

LuaLua- Brighton interested.

Routledge- Not wanted and likely to leave.

Barton- contract issue, likely to leave.

Best- Stories that club want to offload him.

Ameobi- Rumours that he can go.

Ranger- told to find a new club.

That's on top of three players who we've lost this summer either by tranfer or release.

Frankly, I'm concerned that we're seemingly trying to offload as many players as possible. We've done well so far to bring in the three players we have but I still think our squad for next year will be smaller than this.

Still fairly concerned that we're seemingly keen to ship out the majority of our squad fillers. I think so far this summer we have:

Perch- wants out

That's on top of three players who we've lost this summer either by tranfer or release.

Frankly, I'm concerned that we're seemingly trying to offload as many players as possible. We've done well so far to bring in the three players we have but I still think our squad for next year will be smaller than this.

For me, tabloid mumblings about outgoings mean nothing as far as our intentions.  Most of that list I can't argue with letting go though - Smith, Perch, Guthrie, Ameobi, Ranger, LuaLua, Routledge ... none seem to have a chance at getting near the starting XI from that list and I don't think the squad would miss them too much. 

But of Jonas, Enrique, Colo, Barton, Best - the more from that list that go the more disappointing. 

edit: the 3 already transferred or released:  Campbell (no one cares), Kuqi (no one cares), Nolan (slightly miffed).  :lol: 

Guest neesy111

Perch- wants out

If you believed everything in the press then all clubs would be changing their squads each season.

Also you've made some bollocks regarding a few players.

Guest neesy111

Apart from Coloccini, Enrique, Krul, Ferguson and Tiote the fucking lot can go.

I agree, but I think we can't do it in 1 transfer window.

Guest BooBoo

Neesy, what 'bollocks' you patronising goon? Everything I put in that post is just snippets of news that have circulated.

Guest neesy111

Neesy, what 'bollocks' you patronising goon? Everything I put in that post is just snippets of news that have circulated.

Well you say 'snippits' and then say we are keen to offload all those players.  Both are different things.

I'll be suprised if we manage to offload 5 from that list.

Guest BooBoo

I said we're seemingly keen. Seemingly as in "based on the usual news sources." I didn't post anything without foundation.

I agree we probably won't sell the lot but the "everything must go" air around the club is concerning, at least to me anyway.

I said we're seemingly keen. Seemingly as in "based on the usual news sources." I didn't post anything without foundation.

I agree we probably won't sell the lot but the "everything must go" air around the club is concerning, at least to me anyway.

Look, when you say "I don't post anything without foundation" and then you acknowledge your foundation is the bollocks that shite tabloid/news rags print, it undermines the entire credibility of the thought exercise. 

If you genuinely feel there's an "everything must go" air about the club just because a bunch of newspapers are linking our players to other clubs in articles with absolutely no quotes, prior interest from either side or possible logical reason - an act, it has to be said, they are and have been apt to do every season since the dawn of movable type, for every club, everywhere - then I don't really know what to say. 

The cries of asset stripping and fears over massive cut-rate bargain sales of our players have been heard every season since the takeover.  And every season since the takeover they've slowly dwindled to an angry whisper as the team hasn't been completely gutted, only to resurface in the offseason under the possible justification that this will be the offseason he sells and he wants to recoup as much money as possible, etc.

There's plenty of sound reasons to remain wary and on guard in regards to Ashley & Llambias without having to throw unfounded suspicions like that around. 

edit:

Yes I'm aware of the irony of a man talking about undermining credibility when he has this as his avatar. 

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/avs/avatar_177.gif

Letting players on that barely has played this season doesn't bother me, that includes campbell, smith, guthrie, routledge, perch. Probably forgot someone. But the fact that we got players comming back from injuries, and probably going to get a few more players wich actually will contribute as pardew will rate whomever he brings in will make our squad bigger.

I don't think Mass Exodus is the right term, I think 'phased re-building' is probably more apt. I highly doubt that the likes of Best and Jonas are to leave for now as they both have something to offer the team. People go on about Jose and Barton but the fact is neither has left yet, and from the noises that have come from Barton and local journos it doesn't look like he'll be going anywhere imo. That can change obviously and while we may lose Enrique it will probably be a for a fee larger than what we paid for him enabling us to buy a hopefully adequate replacement.

People can crow on about us having no ambition and us being a selling club all they like but the fact remains we've lost one player who wanted a ridiculous contract for a player of his age and brought in by all accounts 3 highly talented players, 2 that can add much to our midfield and one who is a proven goal threat. All this while only spending £5m, compare that to Liverpool who will get recognition from the masses of unashamedly biased journalists for paying over-inflated fees for unproven talent. Now that's all well and good but they'll have to balance the books somehow as they don't have CL football (and probably won't for a while if Man City get their way) or the stadium to pay for it. I'm more than happy with our current strategy, which is keeping the club on a sound financial footing and improving the side at the same time.

Guest BooBoo

Look, when you say "I don't post anything without foundation" and then you acknowledge your foundation is the bollocks that shite tabloid/news rags print, it undermines the entire credibility of the thought exercise.  

If you genuinely feel there's an "everything must go" air about the club just because a bunch of newspapers are linking our players to other clubs in articles with absolutely no quotes, prior interest from either side or possible logical reason - an act, it has to be said, they are and have been apt to do every season since the dawn of movable type, for every club, everywhere - then I don't really know what to say.  

The cries of asset stripping and fears over massive cut-rate bargain sales of our players have been heard every season since the takeover.  And every season since the takeover they've slowly dwindled to an angry whisper as the team hasn't been completely gutted, only to resurface in the offseason under the possible justification that this will be the offseason he sells and he wants to recoup as much money as possible, etc.

There's plenty of sound reasons to remain wary and on guard in regards to Ashley & Llambias without having to throw unfounded suspicions like that around.  

edit:

Yes I'm aware of the irony of a man talking about undermining credibility when he has this as his avatar.  

We'll have to see how the summer pans out I suppose, but I think we'll see at least as many players leave as come in.

Of course we have transfer tittle tattle every year, but even taking away the newspaper gossip, we have at least three key players- Nolan, Barton & Enrique who have either gone this summer or are likely to go as we cant give them the requisite contracts.

I also recall the lad who broke the Pardew story (Golfmag?) who said that Pardew's remit on appointment was to significantly lower the wage bill.

The cries of asset stripping and fears over massive cut-rate bargain sales of our players have been heard every season since the takeover.  And every season since the takeover they've slowly dwindled to an angry whisper as the team hasn't been completely gutted, only to resurface in the offseason under the possible justification that this will be the offseason he sells and he wants to recoup as much money as possible, etc.

edit:

We'll have to see how the summer pans out I suppose, but I think we'll see at least as many players leave as come in.

Of course we have transfer tittle tattle every year, but even taking away the newspaper gossip, we have at least three key players- Nolan, Barton & Enrique who have either gone this summer or are likely to go as we cant give them the requisite contracts.

I also recall the lad who broke the Pardew story (Golfmag?) who said that Pardew's remit on appointment was to significantly lower the wage bill.

I'll be really surprised if Barton goes this summer. Don't expect Enrique to depart either.

Mass exodus = one player?

Guest BooBoo

Why don't you think Enrique will go?

Based on nowt more than blind optimism. The realistic situation is that he's not been willing to enter contract renegotiations and is more likely than  not, on his way.

I really cant seeing the club letting Barton run down his contract either, if a bid comes in at a realistic figure, he'll be away.

Thats not being negative, it's just the most likely outcomes from where we are at this moment in time.

Because I don't think a CL club will come in for him offering more money than he's getting from us. He'll end up running down his contract and leaving on a Bosman, as Barton also clearly intends to do.

Based on nowt more than blind optimism. The realistic situation is that he's not been willing to enter contract renegotiations and is more likely than  not, on his way.

I really cant seeing the club letting Barton run down his contract either, if a bid comes in at a realistic figure, he'll be away.

Thats not being negative, it's just the most likely outcomes from where we are at this moment in time.

So how is the club going to stop Joey "#bosmanruling" Barton from running down his contract? It's entirely dependent on some other club coming in for him and offering a superior deal to either what he's on now, or what he thinks he can find for himself when he leaves on a free next summer. I think that is hugely unlikely to happen.

All will be revealed by the end of the window.

Signings like Marveaux and Ba will either be very shrewd squad additions or else they'll be indicative of a plan to build a team on the cheap. There's literally no excuse for us not to go out and add at least two really quality players after the deal we got for Carroll, I'm not expecting us to spend all of it but they need to spend a significant wedge.