Mass Exodus

Guest magpie99

As exciting as a revamp of the squad is - you can't expect people to not have reservations about changing the face of our squad.

Would love to be a fly on the wall at the first pre-season training session. Its going to be tense.

Why don't you think Enrique will go?

Because I don't think a CL club will come in for him offering more money than he's getting from us. He'll end up running down his contract and leaving on a Bosman, as Barton also clearly intends to do.

I hope you're right and a quality player spends at least another season with us. Considering that quality though I would be very surprised if Ashley is content for the club to let him leave for free. I can imagine us being willing to accept a lower bid at the end of the transfer window of around £5m.

Because I don't think a CL club will come in for him offering more money than he's getting from us. He'll end up running down his contract and leaving on a Bosman, as Barton also clearly intends to do.

I hope you're right and a quality player spends at least another season with us. Considering that quality though I would be very surprised if Ashley is content for the club to let him leave for free. I can imagine us being willing to accept a lower bid at the end of the transfer window of around £5m.

Like Joey, I imagine the club would rather get something for both of them and reinvest, especially in Enriques case as M'Bengue isn't going to hang around forever, and if he doesn't extend, then rather than last minute, I could see him going for sub £5m sooner rather than later tbh.

Enrique has stated he is happy to see out his contract though which complicates things, but we would be mugs to let it drag on and face further upheaval in the Jan transfer window when he can start talking to clubs.

Why should it be tense?

Nolan gone. Barton, Smith, Enrique, Ranger, Guthrie and Routledge going. Gutierrez being told he can leave. Three new foreign players who have effectively been brought in as replacements...

Why should it be tense?

Nolan gone. Barton, Smith, Enrique, Ranger, Guthrie and Routledge going. Gutierrez being told he can leave. Three new foreign players who have effectively been brought in as replacements...

So Nolan gone then.

Why should it be tense?

So Nolan gone then.

Under Ashley I think nearly everyone who has been strongly linked to leave has left. I wouldn't say all of that list are in that bracket yet but the majority are. I'll wait until the end pf the summer before I make my mind up but at the moment I admit to being a wee bit worried. Hopefully the signings we have made will turn out to be good and I think they will but we still need to add real quality to progress.

You don't think that the others aren't unsettled then?

Harper, Perch, Smith, Ranger, Routledge and Gutierrez all know they are unwanted. Will be an interesting atmosphere.

Don't agree about Harper, Perch and Gutierrez, those are just random assumptions.

If all of these departures and none of the arrivals happen then I'll be worried. Until then I'm happy with our work in the transfer window so far.

Footballers should be professional enough not to throw their toys out the pram over some new signings.

Why should it be tense?

Cheers for that update, Derek.

Why should it be tense?

Cheers for that update, Derek.

Oh, I see that the club are apparently 'listening to offers'. I was away last week, off the pace.

Why should it be tense?

I still don't see why it would be tense, it's only a job to them at the end of the day and they're still sat on contracts.

This situation will be happening at most clubs in the Premiership with players knowing they're free to go if a suitable offer comes in and new players arriving, the only one I'd be worried about is Barton since he's a head case.

Apart from Coloccini, Enrique, Krul, Ferguson and Tiote the f***ing lot can go.

Ben Arfa,Cabaye,marveaux???

Forgot about Ben Arfa.

Common sense should say it wouldn't include players that signed 3 weeks ago.

Past it: Harper, Ameobi, Perch, Lovenkrands - probably would get about 3 million for that lot plus salary savings of around 150K per week.

If James Perch is 'past it' at the age of 25...well i would have liked to have seen him when he 'had it' or if he ever actually did have it?

:dowie:

Well, if they're not interested in contract extensions, I think we should definitely get a fee for them if we can -- and this is of course normal practice in football, not some outrageous example of Ashley greed. But, for good or ill, I don't think either player will want to move on before their personal gravy train pulls to a halt. i'm reasonably glad it looks like we'll have Enrique for another season. Barton can fuck off.