Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Still not convinced he has the charachter to really be a player for us.

How do you mean?

Disappears too often (when on the pitch). Drifts in and out of games. Great when on the ball at times but he doesn't go looking for it nearly enough for me.

Still not convinced he has the charachter to really be a player for us.

How do you mean?

Disappears too often (when on the pitch). Drifts in and out of games. Great when on the ball at times but he doesn't go looking for it nearly enough for me.

I see where you're coming from but it's up to us as a team to get the likes of HBA and Marveaux on the ball, it's no good them coming looking for it near the half way line. We should be getting the ball to their feet further up the pitch. They both want to be on the ball so it's down to likes of Cabaye to find them in the space in which they can do most damage to the opposition. Far too many times last season, especially HBA, had to come far too deep to collect the ball and found simply too much to do once they were on it which left them ineffective for large period of games.

Guest Phil K

I love the Ancelotti system but it relies a little too much on the unreliable in our case. With another couple of players brought in I'd love to see it at SJP though.

s*** did I just describe the Ancelotti system then?

Still good thinking, though !  :snod:

Sadly we have the utter PITS for a manager and even worse for DoF

Guest Nobbys Trumpet

One of my favourite players at the club, always exciting when he's on the ball similar to HBA you expect something to happen.

Love seeing them both on the pitch.

Marv looked 100% arsed towards the end of last season, but his frustration with not being selected so many times probably had a ton to do with it. Which you can or can't fault a player for. They should want to be on the pitch at all times.  I just point to that Stoke match where he absolutely changed the match, and I still feel with the right tactics, you let him and Ben Arfa roam about the pitch to create havoc. A defender would be shit scared of having to deal with both of them on the pitch for a full match.

N-O Exclusive - Marv just told my mate that he won't be an NUFC player next season.

Marveaux that is, not my mate.

Better tell Pardew sharpish, he name checks him as one of the pluses for this season in his latest nufc.co.uk interview.

Marv won't be sold.. going to be a big season for him

I hope you're right Skirge. A lovely player who i think still has a massive part to play, or at least he should.

Guest reefatoon

http://i.imgur.com/b9qhD0d.png

He must have forgotten his PE kit.  I remember having to play football in my undercrackers once when i forgot mine.

Might be nothing, but still. Fuck off, i reeeaally want him to say. Would be criminal to get rid of him. Expecting big things from him if given the chance.

Tenured only ten times last season in the Premier League not Newcastle, Sylvain Marveaux could go elsewhere. According to our information, the middle 27 years (under contract until 2016) has been the subject of a request for Olympiakos who wants to pay to former Rennes with option to purchase.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Marveaux-newcastle-en-grece/387089

Whilst L'Equipe is France's top sports newspaper, it does print a lot of bullshit these days. It's basically like when Sky Sports News' "sources" understand something is happening but it actually isn't. I am therefore going to take that Marveaux story with a pinch of salt.