Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

He's doing absolutely fine, the guy's hardly played any games for us and has spent a year out injured, people really need to cut him some slack.  He's very skilful, has decent pace and can pick out a great ball.  Quality player.

Agreed.

exactly, people need to remember he's virtually been out for 2 years,  providing he doesn't get any niggly injuries i don't think we'll see the best of him till December time,  he needs time to adjust to playing again and trusting his body not to fail when he streches himself, probably a mental thing on his part but naturally seems to be playing within himself at the minute.

I can't really understand why Obertan stayed on for 80 mins while Marveaux was left kicking his heels. We played well in our own half but we desperately needed some quality end product at the other end of the pitch. By the final 10 mins it was too little too late.

Yeah looks nervous to take anyone on.  From what I saw of him before he joined (limited) he seemed like a pacy winger who would take on the right back but maybe the injuries have taken away his pace?

Maybe he just needs time to settle and to get his fitness back.

He will maybe look less nervous with game time.

When you spend two yeqrs with injuries, he must be scared of another injury.

Don't know though...

Another players that is letting us and himself down.

Your brain shuts down at times, doesn't it?

And he has done what really good when he has been playing?

It's irrelevant. He hasn't let anyone down. He's coming back from several seasons out with injuries. His technique is good, he needs to figure out how to use it and the tempo in England. He's far more capable and potent than many other players. Your reaction is over the top and brings his performance into a dramatic context, as it always does.

Another players that is letting us and himself down.

Your brain shuts down at times, doesn't it?

And he has done what really good when he has been playing?

It's irrelevant. He hasn't let anyone down. He's coming back from several seasons out with injuries. His technique is good, he needs to figure out how to use it and the tempo in England. He's far more capable and potent than many other players. Your reaction is over the top and brings his performance into a dramatic context, as it always does.

Don´t think so. And beside I haven´t said anything about the future. Just that he´s a long way from being good enough to play in the PL. Just sick of people overrating so many players.

Calm down everyone. He's been out for almost two seasons in a row. Ben Arfa was pretty awful from time to time when he returned from his injury and he's pretty decent at the moment. If Marveaux stays fit he will become a great player, no doubt about that. He just needs some time to find his feet on the ground before he can start playing football properly.

Guest bimpy474

Rather like him myself, got sick of players just hoying it anywhere, nice to see someone keep possession.

Agree. But he isn´t really doing anything with it.

True, so true. Cracking player in there somewhere imo.