The 2011-2012 Betting Thread: Last call for 2011/12 football, pretty much

Stu

Had 17€ on Germany to lead by 10 minutes. Hope it'll count.  :undecided:

Did count. Lucky, considering that they've only scored in the 10th minute. :lol:

Returned 60€. I won't watch that "World Cup" but will certainly try to win some money with it.

Guest BooBoo

Tempted to stick a fiver each on Uruguay to win the Copa and Cavaini as top scorer.

10/1 and 20/1 respectively.

Popped onto my WillHill page and went to put Argies, Germany, Mehico and France. I'd had the window open half an hour already and the matches had started and goals had been scored. :dave: Ruined the odds majorly, and the goals were in my choices' favour!

Won again yesterday at the women's world cup (Had 37€ on England). Have probably watche an entire 5 minutes of the whole world cup, so far. :lol:

Today, little money bets on the Tour de France:

0.50€ on Leonardo Duque

2.00€ on Nicolas Roche

3.00€ on Fabian Cancellara

36 € on Klitschko to win tonight.

Returned 55.20€

For today:

55.20€ on Team Radioshack to win the stage. Odds are incredibly high considering how they've dominated the TTT in 2009 (almost same team) and considering how Bruyneel's teams dominated TTT's in the past.

Returns 234.60€.

I will certainly be surprised if that bet doesn't come off.

Few Lucky 15's;

Birmingham, Chelsea, Huddersfield and Swindon (all league winners)

Man Utd, Ipswich, Sheff Utd and Crawley (all league winners)

Citeh, Reading, Sheff Wed, AFC Wimbledon (first 3 league winners, AFC for promotion)

All optimistic, top one probably most likely.

Got a text from Skybet about a free fiver. Deposit £5, and get another £5 free. And this time it actually is a free £5 straight up, no sort of stipulations about how you have to bet. Deposited £5, now got £10 in my account. Hope a few others got this message? Or is it just random when they do these promotions; because I've seen others getting promotional offers when I've got nowt?

Got a text from Skybet about a free fiver. Deposit £5, and get another £5 free. And this time it actually is a free £5 straight up, no sort of stipulations about how you have to bet. Deposited £5, now got £10 in my account. Hope a few others got this message? Or is it just random when they do these promotions; because I've seen others getting promotional offers when I've got nowt?

I took them up on a similar offer weeks ago and haven't had owt from them this week, so yeah it seems pretty staggered / random.

150 € on Germany (women) to win their World Cup.

:lol: I recall a statement saying it was "like printing money"? :razz:

Fuck off! They dropped out?! Seriously?  :angry:

Woke up and didn't even think about the match till I saw what you wrote. Was looking forward to win some money without even bothering or watching a game of that world cup.

Well, certainly not a good way to start the betting season.

Looking on the bright side - I initially wanted to put on much more money. :lol:

Yep. You have to say Man Utd, Man City and Chelsea are near certainties to finish in the top 4, meaning it's more than likely going to be Liverpool vs. Arsenal for 4th. Spurs also have a chance (and of course Everton will re-sign Marcus Bent and Kevin Kilbane for a top 4 push).

While I'd currently say Arsenal are more likely to finish top 4 than Liverpool, it's by no means a certainty.

I know crawley are spending a fortune but I just can't see them running away with league two like the bookies are predicting. I've left the premier league alone and got an ew lucky 15 on west ham 5/1, huddersfield 5/1, swindon 9/1, and fleetwood 5/1

Yep. You have to say Man Utd, Man City and Chelsea are near certainties to finish in the top 4, meaning it's more than likely going to be Liverpool vs. Arsenal for 4th. Spurs also have a chance (and of course Everton will re-sign Marcus Bent and Kevin Kilbane for a top 4 push).

While I'd currently say Arsenal are more likely to finish top 4 than Liverpool, it's by no means a certainty.

:lol:

Guest jeffers09

So far with the free £25.00 of bwin ive put on

Hernandez top scorer- 8/1 -5.00

Newcastle carling cup 40/1 - 1.00

Newcastle Fa cup 50/1 -1.00

Chelsea and west ham league winner double  16/1 -10.00

Huddesfield and leicester  league winner double 139/4 -3.00

Want to put something on Liverpool  10/1  for the league  dont think they are there yet

maybe put them on without chelsea and United 4/1  ...