The 2011-2012 Betting Thread: Last call for 2011/12 football, pretty much

Stu

Fucking hell Dinho  :smitten:

I said not sure.... NOT SURE!! :fuuu: But I still can't bloody wait 'till then.

In fact, I now look forward to every week or weekend of football more than ever before.... it's a shame we're approaching the end of the season. :lol:

Oh don't worry, there's always Swedish, Norwegian and Finish leagues to bet on, not to mention the Euros.

Is that Bayern bet them to win it in 90 or just to lift the trophy?

Fucking hell Dinho  :smitten:

I said not sure.... NOT SURE!! :fuuu: But I still can't bloody wait 'till then.

In fact, I now look forward to every week or weekend of football more than ever before.... it's a shame we're approaching the end of the season. :lol:

Oh don't worry, there's always Swedish, Norwegian and Finish leagues to bet on, not to mention the Euros.

Is that Bayern bet them to win it in 90 or just to lift the trophy?

To lift the trophy. It's £727.27 for the same price for "match result".

Dinho, can I suggest you put a monthly cap on how much you deposit into your accounts on these sites?

:lol: There's really nothing to worry about, chaps. :lol: The only big risk I'm considering is the Bayern bet, but I'll only be making my mind-up about that on the day of the game.

Possibly going in heavy on a team called Concordia from Romania this afternoon. Saw a tip on another site and looks quite good. Will wait till its inplay on bet365 though I think. Don't fancy any other games today really, possibly Lech Poznan and Verona.

Guest idlebob

How on earth does your bet calculator work bob?

You never thought of taking some time to refine it then possibly uploading it to a website? Might be a chance to make some money like.

Hi Zaius, basically, it's not a betting system and it doesn't pick winners.  It's just a tool to allow you to compare, in a consistent mathematical way, the form and odds of games that you might be considering betting on and to rank them according to probability and value.  Getting the statistical bugs out of it to make it more predictive would take hundreds of hours of data analysis and I just don't have the time.  Aside from which, the bookies have whole teams of maths prodigies working on the same thing 24/7 - attempting to beat them would be a fool's errand.

To use it, just input the match dates, times, teams, forms and odds of games you're interested in where indicated on the spreadsheet, and use the probability and value indices to inform your decisions.  Or not, as the case may be.  :)

How on earth does your bet calculator work bob?

You never thought of taking some time to refine it then possibly uploading it to a website? Might be a chance to make some money like.

Hi Zaius, basically, it's not a betting system and it doesn't pick winners.  It's just a tool to allow you to compare, in a consistent mathematical way, the form and odds of games that you might be considering betting on and to rank them according to probability and value.  Getting the statistical bugs out of it to make it more predictive would take hundreds of hours of data analysis and I just don't have the time.  Aside from which, the bookies have whole teams of maths prodigies working on the same thing 24/7 - attempting to beat them would be a fool's errand.

To use it, just input the match dates, times, teams, forms and odds of games you're interested in where indicated on the spreadsheet, and use the probability and value indices to inform your decisions.  Or not, as the case may be.  :)

Aye I think Ive got the hang of it. Canny little tool for something you knocked up yourself mind.

Guest idlebob

Recouped my Champions League losses with another Paddy Power Facebook special (£20 on Hurricane Fly @ evens, should've been 3/10) so might follow (jinx) idlebob, see how good his calculator is.

Hajduk currently 1-0 down at half time.

"Does not compute...does not compute...malfunction...system overload...."

Possibly going in heavy on a team called Concordia from Romania this afternoon. Saw a tip on another site and looks quite good. Will wait till its inplay on bet365 though I think. Don't fancy any other games today really, possibly Lech Poznan and Verona.

2-0. Pretty much missed out on this due to being busy at work, made £35 off it inplay though, looking into Lech and Verona now with the profit.

Recouped my Champions League losses with another Paddy Power Facebook special (£20 on Hurricane Fly @ evens, should've been 3/10) so might follow (jinx) idlebob, see how good his calculator is.

:scared:

Need the other 4 teams to do it now. :yao:

Guest idlebob

Rosenborg are on course...

Rosenborg are on course...

Worried about Monaco. Despite their form.

2-0. Pretty much missed out on this due to being busy at work, made £35 off it inplay though, looking into Lech and Verona now with the profit.

Lech Poznan + Verona double £20.