The 2011-2012 Betting Thread: Last call for 2011/12 football, pretty much

Stu

Guest idlebob

Can someone explain how a trixie works? I'm thinking of a trixie on FC Basel, Sparta Prague and Dinamo Zagreb as well.

3 doubles and 1 treble, so 4 bets in total.  Check the odds first though, because you may end up betting against yourself if they are too short

Put a bet on us to win 4-3 tonight with Demba scoring first. £1 on odds of 470/1 :cheesy:

My contingency plan is 2-2 with Ba scoring first. £1 on odds of 115/1.

115/1 Contingency Plan. Safe. I like it.

Put a bet on us to win 4-3 tonight with Demba scoring first. £1 on odds of 470/1 :cheesy:

:lol: quite the contingency there

Guest idlebob

Can someone explain how a trixie works? I'm thinking of a trixie on FC Basel, Sparta Prague and Dinamo Zagreb as well.

3 doubles and 1 treble, so 4 bets in total.  Check the odds first though, because you may end up betting against yourself if they are too short

I wouldn't recommend a trixie here, all 3 are odds on.  It's good to hedge, but in this scenario you'd end up down unless all three won - in which case you're better off putting on a straight accie

115/1 Contingency Plan. Safe. I like it.

:lol: quite the contingency there

Haha, I actually did get some weird looks in the bookies. But I believe!

Cheers pal, put £155 on Lyon, Prague and Zagreb now for a return of £500. Shitting it.

Edit: Fuck, I didn't see your other post. What happens if one of the teams lose?

Guest idlebob

Cheers pal, put £155 on Lyon, Prague and Zagreb now for a return of £500. Shitting it.

Edit: f***, I didn't see your other post. What happens if one of the teams lose?

Er, if one of them loses, you're f**ked, I'm afraid.  Didn't realise you were planning on putting that much on...

But at those prices, even if you'd spent the same amount on a trixie, you'd still have lost about half of your money if only 2 won

Guest idlebob

Dundee Utd, Dunfermline, Levante, us.  Any 3 to win.

Massive odds, small stakes

Dinho gone cold turkey ?

Lost £40 since I lost my 700. Still feeling sick about it. I think I might save my money for the CL final and put around 600 on Bayern to lift the trophy and hopefully it'll get me back 200 or so.

Dinho gone cold turkey ?

Lost £40 since I lost my 700. Still feeling sick about it. I think I might save my money for the CL final and put around 600 on Bayern to lift the trophy and hopefully it'll get me back 200 or so.

You lost 700?

Are you in the black or red in total?

Dinho gone cold turkey ?

You lost 700?

Lost around 450 in bettings, from my own money, since I started betting a week ago.

Still got a bit of money in the bank, though.

Dinho, you're going to fuck yourself up big time here. Stop.

Need to get back at least 400-450, mate. Can't stop thinking about it. I wish I had just stuck to betting by putting the odd pound on an accy here and there. (I'll certainly be doing that if I make-up my deficit.)

Dinho gone cold turkey ?

You lost 700?

Lost around 450 in bettings, from my own money, since I started betting a week ago.

Still got a bit of money in the bank, though.

'Money in the bank'?

Sorry, I hope you're joking here. I was feeling bad after losing something like 300 or 400 but that's just a bit incredible, really. Was never really touching my sort of 'last money' either.

Glad I've started 'learning' betting the small way - placing 2.50€ here and there and seeing how it turned out. If I had started with the money I place now I might as well would have gone bankrupt.

Edit: Oh, you're not joking. :(

Need to get back at least 400-450, mate. Can't stop thinking about it. I wish I had just stuck to betting by putting the odd pound on an accy here and there. (I'll certainly be doing that if I make-up my deficit.)

Why do you "need to"?

More a case of pride, I sense. Stop before you do yourself some real damage. :thup:

---------------------------------

Mallorca

Real Madrid

Juve -1

Bolton/Spurs draw

Lazio

Was tempted by a heretic bet earlier to put a money on -2 or -3 Chelsea (we do love getting spanked in London afterall) but the odds aren't good enough. 7/1 for Chelsea -3. Fuck off.

Why do you "need to"?

More a case of pride, I sense. Stop before you do yourself some real damage. :thup:

Impossible to most of the people, including myself. Been in the red for 2 years or so.

Was a feeling like "I've beaten you, bookies!" after I finally made that all up.

Why do you "need to"?

---------------------------------

Mallorca

Real Madrid

Juve -1

Bolton/Spurs draw

Lazio

Nothing to do with pride, man. Just want to win my money back. :lol:  I know I'm taking huge risks.... but the CL is a good chance for me to get some of it back before the start of the new season.