The 2011-2012 Betting Thread: Last call for 2011/12 football, pretty much

Stu

Hedged my 5/1 £100 bet for City to win the title by putting £200 on Man Utd to win the title, guaranteeing that I win approx £300. :notbad:

:thup: Respect

I take it that bet is too late now? :lol:

If you fancy Newcastle to get something today, probably not. If you bet on Man Utd now, if we get something today, Man City will be well over evens before kick-off vs Swansea.

Yeah. I'll be honest, I was tempting to let it run but it would have felt wrong to feel good about us losing or drawing today. We need a win and I want my wallet to agree with my heart. This way, no matter what, I'll win money. I'll win a bit more if Man Utd win so I need us to win today.

Got a wedge on Guardiola's next job - Spain national team 20/1.

Started to wish I had put money on man city not scoring over 100 goals in the league at 5/4 now :( Was at christmas

Guest BenArfaKedavra

GBP 1.00 Single: PAPISS CISSE - NEWCASTLE UNITED 2:0 @ 100/1

GBP 5.00 Single: NEWCASTLE UNITED - NEWCASTLE UNITED @ 17/2

GBP 20.00 Single: NEWCASTLE UNITED @ 19/5

I believe.

Guest je85

Ba anytime

Newcastle/ManCity, Bolton/WestBrom, Wolves/Everton all to score

Ben Arfa & Bale anytime double

QPR, Spurs & Fulham treble

Cisse FGS £3 at 8.2

HBA anytime £3 at 6.6

Newcastle £22 at 5

Will probably nip into laddies to put on a scorecast or two on my way to the pub. Fucking come on.

Been reading about betting rules and shit. Still trying to understand the Trixie, patent and crap. For example, a Trixie -

"A Trixie consists of 4 bets involving 3 selections in different events. The bet includes 3 doubles and 1 treble. A minimum of 2 of your selections must be successful to get a return."

A Trixie consists of 4 bets? Are those 4 separate bet slips (consisting of whatever amount of doubles, trebles, etc)  that has to be purchased or what? And if I get 2 of them correctly, I win?

A trixie is four separate bets.

So if you choose teams A, B and C to win, the trixie will be:

A&B

A&C

B&C

A&B&C

That's it really.

Oh, I get it now. :facepalm:

Thanks, dude. Went for the same trixie as you. (Only staked £2, mind.)

Our trixie, man! :D

I'm still trying to get my head round something here...... if just one successful result from a "patent" guarantees to give you a return, how did I make a loss on my current patent bet? (which has one successful result)

'the fuck with me?! :rant:

The £2 got split on 3 slips? If so you've won 67p x the odds on Fulham + QPR.

bought 1 trixie and 2 patents, all of the them separate bets on separate slips. (that's what I intended anyway.)

2 results on the trixie

1 results in both of the patents

but I've still made a loss! (all of the bets had a returns of something like £20, £30, £40, etc. )

Here's one example of one of the patents that I bought -

http://i.imgur.com/ixCyc.jpg

I don't remember how much this was meant to return me, but it was definitely more than the 49p!

Ok, so if I buy a patent for those 3 games, and stake £1 (x 7lines), that would return me - "£27.05".

How exactly would I receive the full £27.05 amount? Do I need for all three results to happen, or what?

I assumed one result should get you all of the amount. (£27.5.)

http://i.imgur.com/2EyY6.jpg

(It did sound a bit too good to be true, to be fair! :lol:)

Fuck sake, how's that any different from making a single bet, then?  :rant: :lol: I thought one result in a patent will get you the "returns"?

:blush:

Why on earth would that work? :lol:

They are ways to make several singles/doubles/triples easier. I don't see how this is hard to understand tbh :lol:

Yes, you'd need all three results to go in for the full winnings. That means you win on all the singles, all the doubles and the treble. You might make a profit if two comes in (depending on which two and the odds, I can't be arsed with your weird way of writing odds), if just one result comes in you'll make a little money back from that single.

Yes, you'd need all three results to go in for the full winnings. That means you win on all the singles, all the doubles and the treble. You might make a profit if two comes in (depending on which two and the odds, I can't be arsed with your weird way of writing odds), if just one result comes in you'll make a little money back from that single.

I think I might get the hang of it in few days time. (It happened with the odds thing.)