The 2011-2012 Betting Thread: Last call for 2011/12 football, pretty much

Stu

Got a tip for horse racing tonight.  Montebell will easily win the 7:50 @ Cork.

Put £40 on it at 5/4.  Who's going to trust me and follow suit?  :shifty:

Hope some of you boys listened to the master.

Got a tip for horse racing tonight.  Montebell will easily win the 7:50 @ Cork.

Put £40 on it at 5/4.  Who's going to trust me and follow suit?  :shifty:

Hope some of you boys listened to the master.

Returned £100.63. :notbad:

Makes up for the past N-O tips I've pissed money away on. :laugh:

Fucking hell, even I did as well. :lol:

I blindly followed the betting advice of an Irish stranger on the internet who has a penchant for girls who are significantly younger than him.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What do people use to track their betting history/money spent etc? Just found betbind.com. A little beauty.

Started using this, but they've messed up the returns part. If a bet loses it currently shows as a negative return, when it should really just show zero as the total spend is shown separately. Or an easier way would be to just calculate profit instead. Currently it's showing 'profit' for losing bets and 'total returns' for winning bets which means the final total they show is neither here nor there.

What do people use to track their betting history/money spent etc? Just found betbind.com. A little beauty.

Started using this, but they've messed up the returns part. If a bet loses it currently shows as a negative return, when it should really just show zero as the total spend is shown separately. Or an easier way would be to just calculate profit instead. Currently it's showing 'profit' for losing bets and 'total returns' for winning bets which means the final total is neither here nor there.

Didn't follow what you've said completely as I've not looked too much at it since signing up. But I agree that the way they calculate things isn't the greatest.

Basically if your bet loses the return is 0, yes you've lost money, but the total spend is already handled separately. You can't place a bet and then when it's settled lose more money. What they show currently for the return (minus whatever your stake) is the bet's profit. So if you spend £10 on a bet and it loses it's return is zero, but the profit is -£10.  This means the final total is neither your total returns, nor is it your profit.

For example I've been using it since the weekend. I've spent £86 and returned £137, which is a profit of £51. But because they've got the simple calculations wrong they're showing the total return as £98, which is obviously neither the return nor the profit.

To fix it they've either got to show losing bet's return's as 0, or start showing profit by not including the original stake in winning bets.

Positively disgusted.

How do people feel about Sheffield United tonight?

Don't think it'll catch on, leave it as 'chicken'.

Thanks for the words of warning, lads. :thup:

Rule #1 of horse racing betting: Always use a bookie that offers guaranteed odds.

How's it work? Assuming that because it was supposed to return £100 it should've originally been 6/4, and the odds were generally shortening everywhere, so how's it jumped up to 10/3?

Rule #1 of horse racing betting: Always use a bookie that offers guaranteed odds.

How's it work? Assuming that because it was supposed to return £100 it should've originally been 6/4, and the odds were generally shortening everywhere, so how's it jumped up to 10/3?

I assume the horse just drifted before the off. With guaranteed odds or best price as some call it, say you back a horse at 2/1 but it goes off at 5/1, you'd get paid out at 5/1 because it's better than what you backed it at.

I assume the horse just drifted before the off. With guaranteed odds or best price as some call it, say you back a horse at 2/1 but it goes off at 5/1, you'd get paid out at 5/1 because it's better than what you backed it at.

Seems like a big jump, do they guarantee that they'll have the best price anywhere before they go off or something? Strange considering the odds had come down from about 5/1 to evens for it to then drift back to higher than 3/1.

Also, you can fuck off with your 'Rule #1', it was you who suggested SportingBet! :laugh:

Seems like a big jump, do they guarantee that they'll have the best price anywhere before they go off or something? Strange considering the odds had come down from about 5/1 to evens for it to then drift back to higher than 3/1.

Also, you can fuck off with your 'Rule #1', it was you who suggested SportingBet! :laugh:

They were the best price at the time! Plus I didn't know they didn't do guaranteed odds. I'd personally never back a horse on there unless it was right before the off, always go with guaranteed odds. Don't often see a big price discrepancy like that with a horse that's so short though.

The majority of bookies do guaranteed odds now. I looked at the market for this horse earlier, it was very strange. It opened at 4s this morning then was the most backed horse of the day with the biggest percentage shift taking it into 5/4, then it seems absolutely nobody wanted anything to do with it before the off and it's drifted like a barge, going off nearer the price it opened at than its shortest price. Very odd. Probably the Irish fiddling again.

:thup: Tbf, if I'd seen it at that price I'd have probably bottled it and just stuck a fiver on or something so I can't complain. Just a bit pissed off Dale's got an extra £73 from betting just £5 more when I thought I'd gotten the best deal out there. :lol:

It is really annoying, especially when a price changes that drastically too. Just be glad it won anyway, rather than having this discussion over a loser. :thup:

Guest je85

Hushovd and Felliu e/w in today's stage of the Giro (@ c. 100-1) -  depends on how Cavendish is recovering. They've been around the middle of the top 10 so far.

I  had a few quid on Cav odds were shitty though, as they will be for every flat stage especially with nice strain run ins like today so Sky can ramp up the train.

For this evening a couple of pennies on Santos to win both halves, Universidad de Chile to Score 4 or more and Universidad de Chile to Score exactly 3.

Universidad de Chile v Deportivo Quito - Universidad de Chile to Score 4 or More Goals @ 7/2 (Win)

Santos v Bolivar La Paz - Santos @ evens (Win)

4 days of profit from 5 at the minute, on a roll. Only little steaks though but keeps it ticking over nicely.

Plus copying people on twitter that know more than me has helped.

https://twitter.com/#!/eaamalyon and  https://twitter.com/#!/Wanchope_Dickov are good for South American Football

https://twitter.com/#!/thefootypster for European, although I haven't been blindly copying for example this Monday his treble included Blackburn who I didn't fancy and swapped out for Wigan.

Had a look at the first twitter blokes feed before bed last night, he sai Estudiantes to win with under 2.5 goals. Couldn't find that on PP and didn't want to get up and turn laptop on and look for it so I just put 1-0 and 2-0 on as singles.

Estudiantes 1 : 0 Godoy Cruz Mza.

5 days from 6.

Hushovd and Felliu e/w in today's stage of the Giro (@ c. 100-1) -  depends on how Cavendish is recovering. They've been around the middle of the top 10 so far.

I  had a few quid on Cav odds were shitty though, as they will be for every flat stage especially with nice strain run ins like today so Sky can ramp up the train.

For this evening a couple of pennies on Santos to win both halves, Universidad de Chile to Score 4 or more and Universidad de Chile to Score exactly 3.

Universidad de Chile v Deportivo Quito - Universidad de Chile to Score 4 or More Goals @ 7/2 (Win)

Santos v Bolivar La Paz - Santos @ evens (Win)

4 days of profit from 5 at the minute, on a roll. Only little steaks though but keeps it ticking over nicely.

Plus copying people on twitter that know more than me has helped.

https://twitter.com/#!/eaamalyon and  https://twitter.com/#!/Wanchope_Dickov are good for South American Football

https://twitter.com/#!/thefootypster for European, although I haven't been blindly copying for example this Monday his treble included Blackburn who I didn't fancy and swapped out for Wigan.

Had a look at the first twitter blokes feed before bed last night, he sai Estudiantes to win with under 2.5 goals. Couldn't find that on PP and didn't want to get up and turn laptop on and look for it so I just put 1-0 and 2-0 on as singles.

Estudiantes 1 : 0 Godoy Cruz Mza.

5 days from 6.

Looks like I'll be signing up to twitter soon!