The 2011-2012 Betting Thread: Last call for 2011/12 football, pretty much

Stu

5/2 for Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Holland to win tonight, worth it?

Not after  Italy only drew against Luxembourg and not after Russia only drew against Lithuania. It's surprise-pre-tournament time again. Right time not to bet.

I'd feel like a t*** putting a quid on that let alone 15.

It was a free bet, mate. :lol:

15€ (free bet) on the following crazy, but not too unrealistic EURO bet:

Polen - Greece

Russia - Czech Republic

Netherlands - Denmark

Ireland - Croatia

Portugal - Denmark

Netherlands - Germany

Italy - Croatia

France - Ukraine

Sweden - England

Greece - Russia

Denmark - Germany

England - Ukraine

Croatia - Spain

Returns over 90,000€.

free?

Yes, free. Bet365 offer that you'll get here and there again.

Are you only allowed to stake said free bet on 6000/1 shots or over?

I'd feel like a t*** putting a quid on that let alone 15.

It was a free bet, mate. :lol:

15€ (free bet) on the following crazy, but not too unrealistic EURO bet:

Polen - Greece

Russia - Czech Republic

Netherlands - Denmark

Ireland - Croatia

Portugal - Denmark

Netherlands - Germany

Italy - Croatia

France - Ukraine

Sweden - England

Greece - Russia

Denmark - Germany

England - Ukraine

Croatia - Spain

Returns over 90,000€.

free?

Yes, free. Bet365 offer that you'll get here and there again.

Are you only allowed to stake said free bet on 6000/1 shots or over?

Yes. I know that's quite sad but, the rules are as they are and I've not made them.

Not after  Italy only drew against Luxembourg and not after Russia only drew against Lithuania. It's surprise-pre-tournament time again. Right time not to bet.

Just been paid, I'm all in. As Germany proved, pre-tourney friendlies are predictable.

Just been paid, I'm all in. As Germany proved, pre-tourney friendlies are predictable.

That was before the surprise-pre-tournament time, though. That was just pre-tournament. The closer it gets....

Italy never played Luxembourg, it was called off!

Really. Oh, silly mistake that. :lol:

Just looked at Eurosport for the results. Shame on them. :lol:

Really. Oh, silly mistake that. :lol:

Just looked at Eurosport for the results. Shame on them. :lol:

:lol: It's alright, I only know cos it cocked up my accumulator.

They arguably have a better squad and manager, especialy with Rooney & Lampard looking out of it, other than home advantage it just seems absurd that the odds are that high.

Decided to blag BET365 into returning my £10er and instead have went £20 with BoyleSports on Belgium -1, will stick my free £20 bet on Belgium tomorrow.

Do it.

This will backfire badly.

That seems a classic case of jumping on them just because the odds are a bit more generous than perhaps they should be in a "perfect" world - not that they're actually going to win.

Can't see us getting beat, especially not at home. 6/1 is long, but they won't win IMO.

I also have reservations about the hype around Belgium. Yes, on paper they have massive potential but they're taking their time. Should be reminded that they finished behind Turkey in their qualifiers.

When did Belgium become so good? I'd maybe consider them on the +1 handicap, depending on the strength of england's team.

A more realistic bet would be Armenia tomorrow against Greece I reckon. 5/1 at a neutral venue against some shit greeks, armenia are about to become footballing giants we all know that.

That seems a classic case of jumping on them just because the odds are a bit more generous than perhaps they should be in a "perfect" world - not that they're actually going to win.

Can't see us getting beat, especially not at home. 6/1 is long, but they won't win IMO.

I also have reservations about the hype around Belgium. Yes, on paper they have massive potential but they're taking their time. Should be reminded that they finished behind Turkey in their qualifiers.

That's sort of the point though, i'm not expecting Belgium to win, but it's certainly a possibility and at those odds it's worth the gamble. Even more so as it's a friendly, and a one which they will be up for imo.

When did Belgium become so good? I'd maybe consider them on the +1 handicap, depending on the strength of england's team.

A more realistic bet would be Armenia tomorrow against Greece I reckon. 5/1 at a neutral venue against some shit greeks, armenia are about to become footballing giants we all know that.

I don't think they are, they have a decent squad with a few exceptional players. The same as England really.