The 2011-2012 Betting Thread: Last call for 2011/12 football, pretty much

Stu

I've signed up with the £50 offer, not sure what bet to put the £50 on to activate the bonus to stick on that 10/1 though.

Same thing and lay it off on BF

So stick £100(50+50bonus) on this and lay it on betfair to make the £50 stake back if it loses?

Basicially, aye. Would cost £200 to cover the £50 (@ 4/1), but if you can cover it it's literally a risk free bet.

Struggling to see the value in tomorrow's two games. Italy look mercurial, and likely to attack a fair bit for a change, but... y'know, they're Italy - forever embroiled in controversy and always liable to defend at the first opportunity they get - which makes me hesitant about -1 or >2.5 goals.

Spain at 1/4 isn't fantastic either. Ireland will play like Chelsea-in-CL(2012), but Spain should be able to cut through them over 90 minutes you'd have thought.

Although Spain obviously have the quality to score plenty tonight, I'm not so keen on the handicap. I think Ireland will ultimately do little but make it as awkward as possible and I'm not sure Spain will quite cut through them at will. Single goal victory is very possible.

Although Spain obviously have the quality to score plenty tonight, I'm not so keen on the handicap. I think Ireland will ultimately do little but make it as awkward as possible and I'm not sure Spain will quite cut through them at will. Single goal victory is very possible.

I thought the same. Put under 2.5 on.

I thought the same. Put under 2.5 on.

Interesting - reckon this could be today's forum bet?

Not really something I'd say "yeah, that's very likely" but just don't think the handicap is decent value at odds on. Wouldn't go into it fully confident it would come off.

Not really something I'd say "yeah, that's very likely" but just don't think the handicap is decent value at odds on. Wouldn't go into it fully confident it would come off.

What about an under 2.5 goal double on both games? Think the Croatia - Italy game will be tense?