The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

Thiago just scored a class goal. Man U keeper didn't even move.

On fire this pre-season. Wonder if/when he'll break into the national team (Spain or Brazil) set up although I read he favours Spain.

Not entirely a bad result given the circumstances. We really looked ponderous in our attacking play though, that should improve with Messi/Sánchez. Thiago is on fire, love him.

We really should sign a defender, but looks we won't.

Thiago just scored a class goal. Man U keeper didn't even move.

On fire this pre-season. Wonder if/when he'll break into the national team (Spain or Brazil) set up although I read he favours Spain.

Word is that he'll be in the next Spanish squad to get him declared for Spain (which is what he's wanted all along anyway). His brother favors Brazil though.

What are their aspirations, VI? Waffa Cup?

Yes. Some people talk about CL but I don't think they'll be there just yet. Too many good teams (Valencia, Atlético, Sevilla, Villarreal) competing for two places.

They have accrued €60m-ish net spending this summer, beating both Barça and Madrid so far. Not sure how they'll meet the FFP when they start getting enforced. Although it looks they'll build a new stadium which will come with some hefty naming rights sponsorship.