The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

Still figuring out why were Chile and Mexico playing in Barcelona yesterday, it's not like we have a big community of either nationality and the stadium looked rather empty.

Also puzzling to see Guardado scoring the winner while Deportivo, his club, were playing a game the same night. Gogo international friendlies.

Fair bit of racist chanting in the Independiente - Boca game thus far.

Not surprised....who was the chanting aimed at this time? Last time, it was to the Paraguayan players from what I remember.....don`t think I`ve seen many black players in the Argie league before either...

Think it was the usual Paraguyan/Bolivian jip toward Boca fans from what I can gather although it might have been toward the players too. There are some clips on Olé.

Boca are flying at mo like, albeit they're grinding out results more than winning handsomely. Unbeaten in 15 or something. Decent shout for the title given that Velez lost a couple of players at the end of the window.

Okay, tomorrow we are playing might Liechtestein. We'll clinch qualification for the EC if we win, and Thiago will be locked for Spain if he takes the pitch (which I'm certain he will).

Xavi will become the outfield player with most Spanish caps if he plays, too. Another record he snatches off Raúl  :troll:

We are looking a bit shaky at the back though, there's a gulf in quality once Piqué and Puyol are not there, but Del Bosque should try harder than to put a DM (Javi Martínez) and a player that isn't even a starter for his club (Albiol).

We've made the final qualifying stage a couple of times, IIRC. The last time was about 12 years ago. Anyway, we win this, we fuck the Saudis next month and we're a point away from qualifying for the final stage, again. Although the last time we qualified for the final stage we drew 4 and lost 4 :lol:

Anyway, football is all about hope and today we're playing like Barcelona.

Watching Nigeria vs Argentina and i'm pretty impresed by 18 yearold Ahmed Mussa of Nigeria, seems to have incredible pace, also has a really good goal scoring recored for an 18 yearold winger, might be worth a shot.

"18 year old"

Watching Nigeria vs Argentina and i'm pretty impresed by 18 yearold Ahmed Mussa of Nigeria, seems to have incredible pace, also has a really good goal scoring recored for an 18 yearold winger, might be worth a shot.

"18 year old"

"18 years old"