The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

I wonder how long it will be until the can no longer afford the rights to MOTD?

Sky shouldn't be allowed to buy the highlights part of it. They already have pretty much all of live shows, apart from the 10 or so the BCC has, why should they be able to have the highlights as well? Highlights should be for free to air channels.

i believe that is why one of the free to air channels have the highlights package. sky weren't allowed to have a total monoploy on all the action and i'd be surprised if the prem weren't definite on the highlights package being on free to air.

Why should the highlights be free?

As much as it pisses me off, if they can sell it, they will.

The fact is that Sky currently have the rights to 75 league games a season (thats not taking into account the 80-90 Premiership games a season shown on Sky and ESPN). If I couldn't watch it the first time around (assuming it was on sky TV) then how the fuck could I watch it the 2nd time around.

If Sky and the likes are going to insist on being able to cash in on live games then it's only right they can't show the highlights as well.

Sky shouldn't be allowed to buy the highlights part of it. They already have pretty much all of live shows, apart from the 10 or so the BCC has, why should they be able to have the highlights as well? Highlights should be for free to air channels.

I think the Premiership highlights have to be on free to air TV by law, they're in that "protected" group.

Not protected.

I think the Premiership highlights have to be on free to air TV by law, they're in that "protected" group.

I didn't say lose the Premiership highlights right to Sky, I meant just the BCC losing them altogether. ITV fucked it up with the shitty "The Premiership" highlights show. If I was the head of 4 or 5 I'd be saying right lets get out there and go for those free to air games and hight lights, then somebody might actually watch us (more so in the case for 5).

I didn't say lose the Premiership highlights right to Sky, I meant just the BCC losing them altogether. ITV f***ed it up with the shitty "The Premiership" highlights show. If I was the head of 4 or 5 I'd be saying right lets get out there and go for those free to air games and hight lights, then somebody might actually watch us (more so in the case for 5).

neither of the progs were all that bad. theres only so much you can do with highlights outside of goals and big incidents. most of it is stuff you just aren't interested in if it's not your team.

I didn't say lose the Premiership highlights right to Sky, I meant just the BCC losing them altogether. ITV f***ed it up with the shitty "The Premiership" highlights show. If I was the head of 4 or 5 I'd be saying right lets get out there and go for those free to air games and hight lights, then somebody might actually watch us (more so in the case for 5).

neither of the progs were all that bad. theres only so much you can do with highlights outside of goals and big incidents. most of it is stuff you just aren't interested in if it's not your team.

ITV fucked up mostly because it was about the same length of time as MOTD but it had adverts in it. You used to have 2 sets of adverts during and after the key game before other games were shown. If it had have ran for a longer time with the adverts then it could have worked.

All they need to do for me is skip the fucking boring 'analysis' of games. Stick that at the end if necessary, but sitting through over an hour of tele just to see the Newcastle highlights is a piss take at times.

Just commentated highlights of the key moments of the days football is all I want.

:lol: what are you doing Ian Goodison? Awful.

When the highlight of that incident I started I thought he was on the attack. What a joker fucking around like that in his own box.

Same. Ridiculous from the World Cup stalwart.

Annoys me as good as Clark's record is that isn't entirely accurate as they bottled their biggest "league" match massively.

Aye but most league matches aren't played at a neutral venue in front of 4x as many fans. Still bottled it like.

Annoys me as good as Clark's record is that isn't entirely accurate as they bottled their biggest "league" match massively.

Aye but most league matches aren't played at a neutral venue in front of 4x as many fans. Still bottled it like.

Most were Huddersfield fans though although I agree but surely playoff games count in the run is the main thing. Seems a false claim not that Clarkie probaby cares.

Saw the name "Ferdinand" and inevtiably headed to Wiki to see if he was related:

"He is a cousin of fellow professional footballers Rio Ferdinand and Anton Ferdinand, though he has stated he has never met them"

Riiiiiight.

or got beat in a one off game ?

As I said above surely the playoffs are exempt from this run.

even if they aren't...one defest in how many games ?

even if they aren't...one defest in how many games ?

Just a pet hate is all, his run is ridiculous and long may it continue. In an ideal world he'd continue to prove his mettle and end up being our manager and being a success here.