The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

Guest guinness_fiend

Gutted about Villa.

4-0, Maxwell.

As strange as this may sound, it could do him a favour.  He has had a horrible season up to now and a bit of time away (and time to get fully fit) could see him regain his confidence and sharpness in time for next season.

Saying that, Sánchez / Pedro / Messi is an awesome front line.

Guest guinness_fiend

Oh no, what ever will barca do without him!!!?

Poor Pep, he might actually have to manage for the first time in his career

:lol:

http://www.angelsandurchins.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Kenneth-Williams.jpg

I liked this bit:

Villa stretchered off, he just has no luck.

Aye, apart from winning the World Cup, European Championship, Champions League and La Liga it's just been bad thing after bad thing for him. Ugly bastard as well. Poor guy.

I liked this bit:

Aye, apart from winning the World Cup, European Championship, Champions League and La Liga it's just been bad thing after bad thing for him. Ugly bastard as well. Poor guy.

Six months paid leave @ trillion times I'll ever make. Gutted for the guy

Gutted about Villa.

4-0, Maxwell.

As strange as this may sound, it could do him a favour.  He has had a horrible season up to now and a bit of time away (and time to get fully fit) could see him regain his confidence and sharpness in time for next season.

Saying that, Sánchez / Pedro / Messi is an awesome front line.

I have no complaints about that frontline, it's just that we're down to playing Iniesta on the wing or a green Cuenca when one of them gets injuried or we just want to rotate. I can see Cesc getting quite a few games in the false #9/#10 position too.

I liked this bit:

Aye, apart from winning the World Cup, European Championship, Champions League and La Liga it's just been bad thing after bad thing for him. Ugly b****** as well. Poor guy.

Six months paid leave @ trillion times I'll ever make. Gutted for the guy

Okay, okay... I meant it in a sporting sense :lol: He's been having a horrid season so far and now this happens. Plus missing the EC through injury is a big blow to any footballer.

Poor Pep, he might actually have to manage for the first time in his career

Daft thing to say tbh.

Yup.

Easy to forget that when Pep got the job Barca had just finished 3rd, 18 points behind Madrid and 10 behind Villarreal with a squad that was largely recognised to have egos and cliques running things behind the scenes.  Cleared the last generation (Ronaldinho, Deco etc), built the team around a hard working ethic encorporating the pressing game when off the ball etc and went on to win 6 trophies in a calender year. He's done a great job bringing through people like Busquets, Pedro (who was close to being sold),  buying and then turning Pique into one of the best CBs around, changing Messi's role into the one he's in today and making him so effective. He's still adapting and innovating the team now and they don't look like easing up on the success.

The players were there and the philosophy is largely engrained but he's moulded them into the all conquering team that they are today (it's only since his spell began that Iniesta and Xavi have become truly recognised for what they are). It's laughable the way people go on that it's easy to do what he's achieved, if people want say that then you could say the same about Mourinho or any other 'top club' manager. It's just lazy.

Great thinker and very good coach, without doubt. I really hope he comes to England when he finishes in Spain.