The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

Thing is, this is the same Chelsea who had the best defence in the league 2 seasons running under Ancelotti. Suddenly they can't stop conceding with basically the same personnel.

The Portuguese tool doesn't have a clue how to get the best out of his players, and whilst Lampard is on the decline, he'll go to another club and do the business.

The same personnel who starting fucking up last season under Ancelotti, most of them need replacing and have been needing refreshing for a couple of seasons, Villas Boas is starting that but the defence needs a major overhaul to fit into his system

yep they had a major slump in the middle of last season too. getting beat off the mackems at home. this is the same team only a year older, a year further into its decline. AVB has taken over a team in transition for his first job in a big league - no easy task. it also doesn't help that Torres and Luiz have been disastrous failures.

Did you not read what I posted? They had the best defence in the league under Ancelotti last season, and the season before that.

They finished 1st and 2nd under Carlo. They'll be lucky to finish 5th under this joker.

Thing is, this is the same Chelsea who had the best defence in the league 2 seasons running under Ancelotti. Suddenly they can't stop conceding with basically the same personnel.

The Portuguese tool doesn't have a clue how to get the best out of his players, and whilst Lampard is on the decline, he'll go to another club and do the business.

The same personnel who starting f***ing up last season under Ancelotti, most of them need replacing and have been needing refreshing for a couple of seasons, Villas Boas is starting that but the defence needs a major overhaul to fit into his system

yep they had a major slump in the middle of last season too. getting beat off the mackems at home. this is the same team only a year older, a year further into its decline. AVB has taken over a team in transition for his first job in a big league - no easy task. it also doesn't help that Torres and Luiz have been disastrous failures.

not defending boas but torres wasn't his signing and luiz wouldn't be so bad if there was a structure round him (ie terry not falling to bits and their midfield having as much flow as treacle)

What you make of the Ancelotti - PSG affair btw Ronny? I know you're a fan and I agree he's a top class manager (and individual) but this has left the predictable sour taste.

From what I've read it was very similar to the Ranieri - Mourinho situation at Chelsea. Always going to happen but could have been handled with a bit more class, especially when Kombouare was a bit a of a club legend at PSG even if they've struggled at times this season.

Be amazed if Ancelotti doesn't take them forward like, saying that anything other than a league win would be failure.

Guest Heneage

Pretty much nailed it there Disco. A club legend ousted because the team play like 11 strangers. Pastore looks gassed and disinterested half the time, but still has that moment of potential quality.It's never right to label a player a flop in his first season, but I don't think PSG envisaged these issues when they bought him. There's a real disconnect between the two halves, at times it feels like they just lump it to the 4-5 attackers and go 'sort it out'.

I think the owners thought AK lacked a gravitas needed for such a position and such a dressing room, that's why they've got Ancelotti.

It's seemed to me very much the classic must buy players without a plan. Even more so when AK was doing alreet before the Qataris came in.

Saying that, and fitting with what you say, the couple of times I've watched them (v OM and in the Waffa v Bilbao) they were shocking with little clue or plan it seemed although they obviously aren't playing teams of those quality every game.

AK was always going to go but the whole way it's happened has seemed a little crass but then again I guess that's business.

Guest Heneage

I know a few journalists (including Auclair) has stressed a real distaste for Leonardo. He seems quite bullish and crass in his style, and like you say the transfer policy seems so bereft of planning.

I remember when Santon made his home debut for us against Spurs ( I think) he wasn't allowed to take a throw in, presumably because he just came on, does this not apply or all set pieces? (regarding Watson for Wigan yesterday)

Guest bimpy474

I remember when Santon made his home debut for us against Spurs ( I think) he wasn't allowed to take a throw in, presumably because he just came on, does this not apply or all set pieces? (regarding Watson for Wigan yesterday)

There no rule in place at all, Santon could have took the throw-in, no idea why he didn't, if the officials stopped him then they were wrong.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Piss poor game so far.

Its been what you'd expect, and there's even been some decent play. Its the lack of atmosphere that's killing it. However, young lad with his mates trying to look cool in his Mickey Mouse Jumper has made my day.  :lol:

Poor stuff, but predictable. Better team, lots of "controlled" possession going absolutely nowhere, but look more dangerous. Fuck all atmosphere, not helped by fuck all going on in front of them. West Brom will probably win by knowing how to put the ball in the net.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

One of the earliest FA Cup Finals I can remember is Everton v Man U. Mainly because I had the Match (or Shoot) FA Cup Wall Chart and had filled it in the entire way for EVERY DAMN TEAM.  :fool: It had little tabs for each team that had the strips, and you could slot them into the chart and write the scores down. Was canny.

Anyway, this is a long way away from that.