Team for Frankfurt?

Yorkie

I was going to include Luque in my lineup but after yet another fkns tory from him thismornign he can fk off!!

Here is the 21 man squad Glenn has taken..

Celestine Babayaro, Titus Bramble, Nicky Butt, Andy Carroll, David Edgar, Emre, Carl Finnigan, Fraser Forster, Kris Gate, Shay Given, Paul Huntington, Albert Luque, Obafemi Martins, James Milner, Charles N'Zogbia, Matty Pattison, Peter Ramage, Antoine Sibierski, Nobby Solano, Steven Taylor, James Troisi.

----------------Given

Taylor--Ramage--Bramble--Baba

-----------------Butt

-----Nobby----Milner------Emre

---------Martins-----Sibi

BENCH

Forster

Huntington

Zoggy

Gate

Troisi

Pattison

Carroll

Guest theunis

Agree with most, just :

GK - Given

RB - Taylor

LB - Babayaro (or Ramage if Babayaro's not fit)

CB - Ramage (or Huntington if Babayaro's not fit)

CB - Bramble

RM - Solano

LM - Luque

CM - Butt

CM - Emre

CF - Sibierski

CF - Martins

He could stick Taylor and Bramble in the middle again to build parnership and then more Ramage to RB if Baba is fit, but other than that i think ur spot on

Guest mrchoonz

Interesting Babayaro coming back. It could give Roeder a chance to rest one of our 3 centre backs  :august31: That just means Solano would have to stay at right back with someone else at right wing, possibly Milner, if fit

Guest mrchoonz

Did you know?

Newcastle have a 100% record against German opponents and have scored three goals in each of their four matches against teams from that country. Frankfurt are unbeaten against English sides at home having drawn against eventual Uefa Cup champions Liverpool in the 1972/73 campaign and beaten West Ham (1975/75) and Tottenham (1981/82) in the Cup Winners' Cup - although like the match against the Reds they lost those ties on aggregate. Something has to give.

I was going to include Luque in my lineup but after yet another fkns tory from him thismornign he can fk off!!

I suppose this is based on Luque actually daring to comment when asked about a possible loan move?  You know this really makes me laugh.  If Luque says he wants to do well here and is confident he can its bullshit and he shoulf shut his mouth.  If he admits his position is becoming pointless and starts to talk about possible moves he's disloyal.  If he says nothing then no doubt he's hidding because he's got no heart.

People like you completely gave up on Luque's career at Newcastle within games of him signing.  But when he starts to give up on what you keep saying is a pointless situation he's a bastard :lol:  Basically some people just get there knickers in a twist about anything when it comes to Luque, he can score and goal and some will complain about the manor it was scored in..

My team:

GK - Given

RB - Taylor

LB - Babayaro

CB - Ramage

CB - Bramble

RM - Solano

LM - Luque

CM - Butt

CM - Emre

CF - Sibierski

CF - Martins

-------------------Given------------------

Carr-----------Bramble-------Huntington------Babs

Milner----------Pattison-----Butt-----------O'Brien

----------------Sibierski------------Luque

Just recieved an e-mail from a Eintracht fan who I've been in contact with(and has been very helpfull)prior to my trip to Frankfurt,he send me the latest press release from Germany regarding the teams;

Die voraussichtlichen Aufstellungen:

Eintracht Frankfurt:

Pröll - Rehmer, Kyrgiakos, Vasoski, Spycher - Huggel, Fink - Streit, Weissenberger, Köhler - Amanatidis

Newcastle United:

Krul -­ Ramage, Huntington, Bramble, Bernard ­- Milner, Dyer, Parker, Pattison, Gate -­ Sibierski

Krul,Bernard,Dyer and Parker!!! Do they know something we don't.

Guest Geordie Dancer

Just recieved an e-mail from a Eintracht fan who I've been in contact with(and has been very helpfull)prior to my trip to Frankfurt,he send me the latest press release from Germany regarding the teams;

Die voraussichtlichen Aufstellungen:

Eintracht Frankfurt:

Pröll - Rehmer, Kyrgiakos, Vasoski, Spycher - Huggel, Fink - Streit, Weissenberger, Köhler - Amanatidis

Newcastle United:

Krul -­ Ramage, Huntington, Bramble, Bernard ­- Milner, Dyer, Parker, Pattison, Gate -­ Sibierski

Krul,Bernard,Dyer and Parker!!! Do they know something we don't.

Dunno where they got that from like!!

I'd play

Given

Nobby                  Taylor              Bramble              Ramage

Milner                   Butt                  Emre                  Zoggy

Sibierski           Martins

6 days till our next game. Plently of recovery time. So I say play strongest team, win group and get best chance of a good draw in the next round. Saying that I like, I still wouldn't player Dyer, that would be lunacy.

will be good to blood some of the young-uns. Roeder is talking of maybe up to four debuts!

Would expect us to rest Milner/N'Zog if they arent fully recovered. Luque is definately starting.

Is Alan O'brien injured??

Should make interesting watching though. Id expect Carrol, Pattison, Huntingdon and maybe Troisi to get some time though.

Guest smoggeordie

starting line up has been confirmed as:

Given, Solano, Bramble, Taylor, Ramage, Butt, Emre, N'Zogbia, Sibierski, Martins, Luque.

UNLESS Milner passes a fitness test then one will drop to the bench.

Given, Solano, Bramble, Taylor, Ramage, Butt, Emre, N'Zogbia, Sibierski, Martins, Luque.

Confirmed where?

Guest smoggeordie

Confirmed where?

Guess who wrote in his paper: "Roeder confirmed to me this morning as we jetted off........

Confirmed where?

Guess who wrote in his paper: "Roeder confirmed to me this morning as we jetted off........

Don't give him that glory. Expect huntington,troisi, gate and pattison to start!!

That might be alright actually... 4-3-3 with actually three strikers, so it's not 4-5-1. And we might see Luque excel there, as it's where he played for Deportivo. Aces.

That might be alright actually... 4-3-3 with actually three strikers, so it's not 4-5-1. And we might see Luque excel there, as it's where he played for Deportivo. Aces.

I really doubt it, if he plays that team he'll very likely play 442 with Sibierski on the right..

It would not surprise me if Glen Roeder decides to play a version of 4-3-3 system again that he started with against Celta Vigo at home couple of weeks ago (anyone know if he did the same against Palermo?) for this game in Frackfurt tonight.

I think Roeder will be looking to rest Martins, Dyer, Parker for this European tie with Reading game in 6 days in mind so as usual in Europe this season it gives a chance for the likes of Siberski, Butt and Luque to play.

If Roeder does decide to play the version of a 4-3-3 system he started with against Celta Vigo for tonight’s game then it would suggest Roeder now has a Plan B which is a positive thing because I was doubting his forward thinking, could be a good thing if Roeder decides on playing the 4-3-3 system in Europe again as I think it suites Alberto Luque game who played that inside left winger role for Deportivo and also Milner has the qualities to be good as a inside right winger too and I think Siberski is capable of playing that one central striker up front tonight which will be helpful because it means we can rest Obafemi Martins.

Given

Ramage   Bramble     Taylor    Babayaro

Butt

Solano               Emre

Milner                        Luque

Sibierski

Subs, Martins, Dyer, N'Zogbia, Parker, Ramage, Huntington, Foster

don't get why Roeder has not taken Dyer and Parker to be on the bench in Frankfurt just in case it seems strange to me especially with the likely bench we now will have without them seems very risky

it will be intresting to see what Roeder actually goes with tonight

Frankfurt - 1 - V - 2 - Newcastle United

In the world interview Roeder said all the kids will be on the bench with one of the more senoir players, the others will start.

I hope Milner does start or who will he put on the right wing ?, if its Nobby then who's at RB?

If Luque start I think the one more senior player on the bench will be Zoggy.

According to the jounal:

Given

Solano      Bramble          Taylor      Ramage

Butt

Emre                  N'Zogbia

Milner                                                    Luque

Sibierski

That's what i would suspect too....

Indeed a very nice line-up. Injuries happen all the time so if it happens it happens, no need to be extra carefull.

I hope we'll go for the win, and go for an unbeaten record.

Guest BigTrev

According to the jounal:

Given

Solano Bramble Taylor Ramage

Butt

Emre N'Zogbia

Milner Luque

Sibierski

That's what i would suspect too....

if this is how we play we should see the best of luque but i think it will be

Given

Solano    Bramble  Taylor  Ramage