Team for Frankfurt?

Yorkie

Given

Carr --- Taylor --- Bramble --- Ramage

Solano --- Emre --- Butt --- Luque

Martins --- Sibierski

Subs: Harper, Huntington, Pattison, O'Brien, Milner, Dyer, Carroll

I don't like Carr being in the team, but i'm afraid that we're forced into it. Milner is injured so Nobby's got to go back on the wing, and hopefully he can still kick on from his last two performances, which have been nothing short of brilliant. Carr's been OK in Europe anyhow, i just hope he doesn't stay in the side for the EPL. The rest of the defense picks itself really.

Parker is injured and Emre and Butt just works, as we have seen on more than one occassion this season. Emre linked up really well with Martins on a couple of occassions during today's game, and i think he could become a key player when the centre midfield paring is sorted out. Until January atleast, Parker should play in Butt's role - where i bet he is more effective.

Luque on the left because i was more than encouraged by his performance against Celta Vigo. His crosses and his assist were sublime. But if Luque's going to be playing on the left, we are going to need two strikers in the box, because if one of them miss his crosses - there's needs to be someone following up. Martins and Sibierski are both great headerers of the ball. Martins is itching for a goal, and one of those will really bring him on. The performances are there - the goals aren't yet. One goal will really bring him on. He needs to play.

GK Shay

RB Carr

LB Ramage

CB Taylor

CB Bramble

RM Solano

LM Luque

CM Butt

CM Pattison

ACM Siebierski

CF Carroll

We need to make sure Emre, Dyer and Martins are fit for our next game and even of Zoggy, Milner and Parker are able to play keep the team I have suggested. It is essential we keep these players fit.

Nobby at RB makes a huge difference IMO him over Carr any day! But for this game because Milner is doubtful we would need him in midfield.

Given

Huntington    Taylor    Bramble      Ramage

Solano              Emre    Butt        Luque

Martins    Sibierski

Can't really argue with that. I don't believe Martins to be injury prone player, so lets see if he can find his scoring boots. Him and Sibierski might as well get a partnership.

Isn't Huntington a central defender? Would be smarter to play taylor to the right, since he's got more experience. otherwise, that's probably the team that should be played

Given

Solano               Emre    Butt        Luque

Martins    Sibierski

Can't really argue with that. I don't believe Martins to be injury prone player, so lets see if he can find his scoring boots. Him and Sibierski might as well get a partnership.

Isn't Huntington a central defender? Would be smarter to play taylor to the right, since he's got more experience. otherwise, that's probably the team that should be played

It's doing that thing that was done with Taylor and Ramage, starting a CB at RB for his first few appearances then switch him to CB. It's too much to ask Huntington to start at CB I reckon, it's less demanding at fullback.

Given

Solano              Emre    Butt        Luque

Martins    Sibierski

It's doing that thing that was done with Taylor and Ramage, starting a CB at RB for his first few appearances then switch him to CB. It's too much to ask Huntington to start at CB I reckon, it's less demanding at fullback.

You got a point, though I think that it'd be better to play him in his natural position

Given

Taylor        Bramble                    Huntington      Ramage

Solano        Butt                          Emre              N'Zogbia

Sibierski          Luque

Guest mrchoonz

Given

Carr --- Taylor --- Bramble --- Ramage

Solano --- Emre --- Butt --- Luque

Martins --- Sibierski

I agree with this team

Given - Wont wanna be left out, Harper isnt 100% fit and he'll be staying in Germany to get his operation

Carr - We need to free up Solano for the right wing, also Carr might have to play there against Reading due to injuries

Taylor, Bramble and Ramage - No need to tell you why on these 3

Solano - Thats his best position and you have to play players in their best position (ammo for the strikers too)

Butt and Emre - To form a partnership for future games with Parker's EPL suspension not too far away

Luque - Needs to play games, even if we're not gonna keep him, it'll help sell him

Martins and Sibi - Again to form a partnertship, also to build on what they have already started!!!

Im going to have a random guess for the team we could line up with for Frankfurt. To be honest, if you could pick the 11, and 5 subs correctly, you are Mystic Meg.

I say

-----------------------Given----------------------

Carr------Ramage-------Taylor---------Bramble

Emre---------Butt---------Gate---------N'Zogbia

-------------Sibierski-------Luque-----------------

Subs

Forster, Troisi, Finnigan, Carroll, Huntingdon

With the intention of bringing on all the young lads so we can protect the first teamers as much as possible, but like many others, I'm totally guessing here.

Any ideas lads?

These players are injured, heavily or lightly.

Link

K Dyer gashed leg 6th Dec 06 

S Harper sports hernia 26th Dec 06 

C N’Zogbia bruised shin 30th Nov 06  doubtful

J Milner hip no return date  very doubtful

S Parker back no return date  very doubtful

D Duff knee 26th Dec 06 

C Moore hamstring 26th Dec 06 

O Bernard hip no return date 

M Pattison knee no return date 

T Krul knee no return date 

C Babayaro groin 6th Dec 06 

S Carr bruised toe 30th Nov 06  doubtful

S Ameobi hip Jun 07 

M Owen knee (ACL) May 07

In other words, only the following are available.

Given, Foster

Solano, Bramble, Taylor, Huntington, Gate, Edgar, Ramage

Clark, Emre, Butt, O'Brien, Luque

Martins, Sibierski, Carroll, Troisi

I would not want to risk N'Zogbia or Carr even if they could make it for the German game. I wouldn't want to play Solano and Martins too so that the former is not exhausted and the latter not injured.

Henceforth I would play

Given

Huntington - Taylor - Bramble - Ramage

O'Brien - Butt - Emre - Luque

Sibierski - Carroll

But surely Roeder won't select the same team. Whatever the outcome is, it is pretty sure we are to see some new and young faces come this thursday.

Guest mrchoonz

Im going to have a random guess for the team we could line up with for Frankfurt. To be honest, if you could pick the 11, and 5 subs correctly, you are Mystic Meg.

I say

Subs

With the intention of bringing on all the young lads so we can protect the first teamers as much as possible, but like many others, I'm totally guessing here.

Any ideas lads?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Somebody tell this guy to read what the injury situation is before he puts up team like this :roll:

There's no Carr or N'Zogbia for a start!!!!

At least we can go there and relax knowing we are through. Lets not do anything rash like fly into challenges or get needless bookings. We should just pass it about and try and find some form. Patterson, Huntington and O'Brien will have a freshness about them, which will not allow the team to do the easy thing and sit back. Combined with Luque who has something to prove we should provide enough. If not we can always bring on Martins, who looked dangerous against pompey. No need to risk Dyer.                             

Given

Taylor          Bramble      Huntington      Ramage

Butt

Patterson

Solano                                              O'Brien

Le Sib          Luque

Subs:

Harper

Carr

Emre

Martins

N'Zogbia

Whoever else is fit an eligible

100% agreed and really would like to see that team put out.

fingers crossed GR will use some youngsters, he needs to, to help him through this injury crisis, its why he didn't loan em out, so bloody well use them!

I say

Subs

Any ideas lads?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Somebody tell this guy to read what the injury situation is before he puts up team like this :roll:

There's no Carr or N'Zogbia for a start!!!!

Both N'Zogbia and Carr are doubtful but could play.

So I suggest you read the injury situation.

Guest mrchoonz

Carr wont be risked, but I am wrong about Charlie

But some on now that guys teams is a joke, Emre on the right of midfield, Bramble left back and Gate in centre Midfield

Who is Huntingdon????

Who is Huntingdon????

Fucking pisses me off does that. Huntington is a relatively common name, i don't think i've ever known anyone called 'Huntingdon', so it makes it all the more strange. That and the clear ignorance of course. Same when people call Pattison, 'Patterson'. I know, it's daft, but it just annoys me.

Guest mrchoonz

Who is Huntingdon????

****ing pisses me off does that. Huntington is a relatively common name, i don't think i've ever known anyone called 'Huntingdon', so it makes it all the more strange. That and the clear ignorance of course. Same when people call Pattison, 'Patterson'. I know, it's daft, but it just annoys me.

I hope you know why I called him Huntingdon :winking:

Who is Huntingdon????

****ing pisses me off does that. Huntington is a relatively common name, i don't think i've ever known anyone called 'Huntingdon', so it makes it all the more strange. That and the clear ignorance of course. Same when people call Pattison, 'Patterson'. I know, it's daft, but it just annoys me.

I hope you know why I called him Huntingdon :winking:

:lol:  Of course. I knew what you meant.

Guest smoggeordie

Roeder takes the following players to Frankfurt: Celestine Babayaro, Titus Bramble, Nicky Butt, Andy Carroll, David Edgar, Emre, Carl Finnigan, Fraser Forster, Kris Gate, Shay Given, Paul Huntington, Albert Luque, Obafemi Martins, James Milner, Charles N'Zogbia, Matty Pattison, Peter Ramage, Antoine Sibierski, Nobby Solano, Steven Taylor, James Troisi.