Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

I would give Cabaye the captaincy straight away. Colo can hardly complain can he? and it's not like Cabaye is unpopular with the rest of the squad.

Harsh to strip him of the captaincy.

Is this serious?

Cabaye can communicate with the rest of the team, leads by better example and doesn't want to sod off to play for some Mickey Mouse team in Argentina.

Would be a twattish thing to do by the club. He's obviously got personal issues, we're the ones who've given him permission to spend some time back home while he's injured, you can't then go, 'oh by the way, you're not captain anymore'.

I would give Cabaye the captaincy straight away. Colo can hardly complain can he? and it's not like Cabaye is unpopular with the rest of the squad.

Harsh to strip him of the captaincy.

Is this serious?

Cabaye can communicate with the rest of the team, leads by better example and doesn't want to sod off to play for some Mickey Mouse team in Argentina.

Would be a twattish thing to do by the club. He's obviously got personal issues, we're the ones who've given him permission to spend some time back home while he's injured, you can't then go, 'oh by the way, you're not captain anymore'.

We should've stripped him the second he said he wanted to leave. The only twattish thing here is him collecting a quarter of a million quid a month from a club who paid £10m for you and then saying 'I want to go to a club who'll pay fuck all for me, hurry up and make it happen'.

It's probable he was only given the captaincy due to him being the best of a bad bunch in that area. Taylor was the only other option and he's hardly ever fit.

He's no loss in that regard imo.

He was our best player when we made him captain and had a fantastic season to be fair to him. He's the best defender I've seen in our colours but he's no captain. I wanted to think he was, but he isn't.

The club could quite simply ask him the question: Do you think someone who wants to leave the club ASAP should be captain? If he answers yes then he should never have been the captain in the first place.

Cabaye might not want to sod off to a small team in Argentina, but if he gets the chance he'll be off to one of the top 6 as will all our decent players. They'll get paid more money and are more likely to realistically challenge for something.

Cabaye might not want to sod off to a small team in Argentina, but if he gets the chance he'll be off to one of the top 6 as will all our decent players. They'll get paid more money and are more likely to realistically challenge for something.

Probably so, as with most players but at the moment he hasn't made it clear he wants to leave as soon as he can. Unlike Coloccini.

Regardless of what is said/done it's classic modern football fan how no player can leave NUFC in our case (regardless of reasons) without a volley of abuse.

:lol: 

It's a bit like the response I'd expect from battered wives.

Well Col is being very disingenuous about the way he wants to leave the club. When it comes down to it, very few of them are honest. I think BAE at Spurs once said he only played for the money and didn't really like football, I admire him for that.

Regardless of what is said/done it's classic modern football fan how no play can leave NUFC in our case (regardless of reasons) without a volley of abuse.

Don't remember Ba, Guthrie, Loven or Best getting much if any abuse when they left. In fact, who's abusing Colo? I think he's a coward and I stand by that conviction. I've no wish to dig the knife in, especially when it's a player I've supported massively on here and at the game.

Regardless of what is said/done it's classic modern football fan how no play can leave NUFC in our case (regardless of reasons) without a volley of abuse.

Don't remember Ba, Guthrie, Loven or Best getting much if any abuse when they left. In fact, who's abusing Colo? I think he's a coward and I stand by that conviction. I've no wish to dig the knife in, especially when it's a player I've supported massively on here and at the game.

I take it you weren't at the Chelsea game.

Pretty sure your comments towards Lovenkrands weren't complimentary either.

Ba aside, the other 3 no-one cared about because they were bang average and had garnerned good feeling due to promotion/staying up. Look at the likes of Simpson (same situ), he gets rinsed left, right and centre by morons.

No, I wasn't, but one game doesn't prove a point. Plenty of returning players have had great receptions.

I hated Loven as a player but gave him his due when he left and would gladly clap him if he returned to SJP.

I do agree with Disco to an extent but I also think Coloccini has done his fair share to get the fans backs up.

If there are any fans out there who honestly believe Colo has done nothing wrong fair play to them but I would guess the vast majority will have at least a slight bitter taste about the whole thing.

I do agree with Disco to an extent but I also think Coloccini has done his fair share to get the fans backs up.

If there are any fans out there who honestly believe Colo has done nothing wrong fair play to them but I would guess the vast majority will have at least a slight bitter taste about the whole thing.

There's having a bitter taste versus making shit up to suit your agenda.

For me, generally if they're performing on the pitch I'll overlook most stuff but for most this seems impossible.

Yes Colo hasn't been as good but you couldn't sell it too me it's because of these issues.

Coloccini hasn't done anything wrong, has he?  So far he's honoured his contract even though it appears that he wants to go home.

If there's a fan out there that think he isn't doing anything wrong, they're not a true NUFC fan imo. He's supposed to be our captain. Can you imagine the laughing we'd do if a captain of one of the big sides or a rival announced he wanted to piss off for free to play in Argentina halfway through a season like this? I see it as a breach of his position that he'd happily sit in the sun watching us get relegated, which would've happened without January's investment.

Coloccini hasn't done anything wrong, has he?  So far he's honoured his contract even though it appears that he wants to go home.

Kept quiet over the whole thing in January while his own father was very publicly tapping him up, to the point he was trying force us to give up a prized asset for free.

Released a detailed apology to the San Lorenzo fans.

As soon as he was injured was over there and cheering on their team while the club he is captain of were still fighting relegation and trying to progress in Europe.

As far as I am aware he still wants out, at least I don't expect him to still be here at the start of next season so he won't be honouring his contact. Do you think he will?

To me he has done plenty wrong but as I said in that post, if some fans honestly believe he hasn't then fair play to them.

Kept quiet over the whole thing in January while his own father was very publicly tapping him up, to the point he was trying force us to give up a prized asset for free.

As soon as he was injured was over there and cheering on their team while the club he is captain of were still fighting relegation and trying to progress in Europe.

As far as I am aware he still wants out, at least I don't expect him to still be here at the start of next season so he won't be honouring his contact. Do you think he will?

To me he has done plenty wrong but as I said in that post, if some fans honestly believe he hasn't then fair play to them.

What "he has done wrong" is all the conjecture points. The actual professional stuff, aside from moronic posts, isn't up debate. If he'd been crying off home a la Tevez the mood would naturally and rightly be a lot different.

If there's a fan out there that think he isn't doing anything wrong, they're not a true NUFC fan imo. He's supposed to be our captain. Can you imagine the laughing we'd do if a captain of one of the big sides or a rival announced he wanted to p*ss off for free to play in Argentina halfway through a season like this? I see it as a breach of his position that he'd happily sit in the sun watching us get relegated, which would've happened without January's investment.

:lol:

Aye, right.

What "he has done wrong" is all the conjecture points. The actual professional stuff, aside from moronic posts, isn't up debate. If he'd been crying off home a la Tevez the mood would naturally and rightly be a lot different.

Him staying quiet whilst his father started some Fabricio Coloccini recruitment drive and releasing that statement to San Larenzo isn't conjecture, it happened. Either is him going back home when we still had/have a lot to fight for as a club.

How are these things conjecture? If I said he pissed on a Newcastle shirt and shat on a former heroes grave that would be conjecture because there is no evidence of these things happening. What I mentioned above, there is undeniable evidence :dontknow:

Him staying quiet whilst his father started some Fabricio Coloccini recruitment drive and releasing that statement to San Larenzo isn't conjecture, it happened. Either is him going back home when we still had/has a lot to fight for as a club.

How are these things conjecture? If I said he pissed on a Newcastle shirt and shat on a former heroes grave that would be conjecture because there is no evidence of these things happening. What I mentioned above, there is undeniable evidence :dontknow:

Sorry, a) the English in that post was appalling and b) I'm talking in terms of flat out refusing to play. If anything his performances have picked up a bit since the shenanigans.

I guess what I'm getting at is once he's done something that isn't 100% liked everyone has pounced on him in the way that seems to be accepted regardless of what the initial incident actually is these days (be it a bad performance or a half-hearted challenge)

I said Coloccini had honoured his contract so far, if that changes then I will comment on that at the time.  If he does leave then I expect that it will be with the clubs agreement or not at all.

As for Coloccini going back home to recover from an injury, so what, he's not our only player to do that and it doesn't bother me in the slightest when any player does it.