Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

I do agree with Disco to an extent but I also think Coloccini has done his fair share to get the fans backs up.

If there are any fans out there who honestly believe Colo has done nothing wrong fair play to them but I would guess the vast majority will have at least a slight bitter taste about the whole thing.

Coloccini hasn't done anything wrong, has he?  So far he's honoured his contract even though it appears that he wants to go home.

Kept quiet over the whole thing in January while his own father was very publicly tapping him up, to the point he was trying force us to give up a prized asset for free.

Released a detailed apology to the San Lorenzo fans.

As soon as he was injured was over there and cheering on their team while the club he is captain of were still fighting relegation and trying to progress in Europe.

As far as I am aware he still wants out, at least I don't expect him to still be here at the start of next season so he won't be honouring his contact. Do you think he will?

To me he has done plenty wrong but as I said in that post, if some fans honestly believe he hasn't then fair play to them.

What "he has done wrong" is all the conjecture points. The actual professional stuff, aside from moronic posts, isn't up debate. If he'd been crying off home a la Tevez the mood would naturally and rightly be a lot different.

Him staying quiet whilst his father started some Fabricio Coloccini recruitment drive and releasing that statement to San Larenzo isn't conjecture, it happened. Either is him going back home when we still had/has a lot to fight for as a club.

How are these things conjecture? If I said he p*ssed on a Newcastle shirt and shat on a former heroes grave that would be conjecture because there is no evidence of these things happening. What I mentioned above, there is undeniable evidence :dontknow:

Sorry, a) the English in that post was appalling and b) I'm talking in terms of flat out refusing to play. If anything his performances have picked up a bit since the shenanigans.

I guess what I'm getting at is once he's done something that isn't 100% liked everyone has pounced on him in the way that seems to be accepted regardless of what the initial incident actually is these days (be it a bad performance or a half-hearted challenge)

People love a drama.

Sorry, a) the English in that post was appalling and b) I'm talking in terms of flat out refusing to play. If anything his performances have picked up a bit since the shenanigans.

I guess what I'm getting at is once he's done something that isn't 100% liked everyone has pounced on him in the way that seems to be accepted regardless of what the initial incident actually is these days (be it a bad performance or a half-hearted challenge)

He's even been accused of faking broken bones in his back.  :lol:

I do agree with Disco to an extent but I also think Coloccini has done his fair share to get the fans backs up.

If there are any fans out there who honestly believe Colo has done nothing wrong fair play to them but I would guess the vast majority will have at least a slight bitter taste about the whole thing.

Coloccini hasn't done anything wrong, has he?  So far he's honoured his contract even though it appears that he wants to go home.

Kept quiet over the whole thing in January while his own father was very publicly tapping him up, to the point he was trying force us to give up a prized asset for free.

As soon as he was injured was over there and cheering on their team while the club he is captain of were still fighting relegation and trying to progress in Europe.

As far as I am aware he still wants out, at least I don't expect him to still be here at the start of next season so he won't be honouring his contact. Do you think he will?

To me he has done plenty wrong but as I said in that post, if some fans honestly believe he hasn't then fair play to them.

What "he has done wrong" is all the conjecture points. The actual professional stuff, aside from moronic posts, isn't up debate. If he'd been crying off home a la Tevez the mood would naturally and rightly be a lot different.

Him staying quiet whilst his father started some Fabricio Coloccini recruitment drive and releasing that statement to San Larenzo isn't conjecture, it happened. Either is him going back home when we still had/has a lot to fight for as a club.

How are these things conjecture? If I said he pissed on a Newcastle shirt and shat on a former heroes grave that would be conjecture because there is no evidence of these things happening. What I mentioned above, there is undeniable evidence :dontknow:

a) Explain, please read he edited post though because of the has/have typo that I realised on reading back. I will make an excuse about being tired ;) but I am interested anyway.

b) So no-one can feel a little annoyed at the captain of a club unless they flat out refuse to play?  ???

How are these things conjecture? If I said he pissed on a Newcastle shirt and shat on a former heroes grave that would be conjecture because there is no evidence of these things happening. What I mentioned above, there is undeniable evidence :dontknow:

a) Explain, please read he edited post though because of the has/have typo that I realised on reading back. I will make an excuse about being tired ;) but I am interested anyway.

b) So no-one can feel a little annoyed at the captain of a club unless they flat out refuse to play?  ???

My English, and no I just think it's typical of people jumping to the worst case scenario we see all  the time, something I know you're aware of.

Obviously you're not as bad as some with the completely bullshit stories mind.

I said Coloccini had honoured his contract so far, if that changes then I will comment on that at the time.  If he does leave then I expect that it will be with the clubs agreement or not at all.

As for Coloccini going back home to recover from an injury, so what, he's not our only player to do that and it doesn't bother me in the slightest when any player does it.

He doesn't really have a choice about honouring his contract does he? Unless he is happy to not be paid.

My English.

Engrish!

:aww:

That really annoyed me that 'accusation' :lol:, I'm going to bed because I'm fucking knackered and don't make the most sense at the best of times.

Night x  :rose:

Nobody accused him of being an idiot. He's basically performed his contractual obligations, just not the ethical obligations of a club captain of a struggling PL team that's paid a large sum of money for him and to him.

Nobody accused him of being an idiot. He's basically performed his contractual obligations, just not the ethical obligations of a club captain of a struggling PL team that's paid a large sum of money for him and to him.

He's been accused of playing away from home with some lass from Cramlington, without any proof.  He's been accused of faking two broken bones in his back and he's been accused of only being here because he's got no choice.  I can't remember anybody calling him an idiot directly but he's been accused of plenty without any foundation. 

As far as him going to Argentina is concerned, Ben Arfa has been all over the globe while injured and I'm fairly sure that our current captain to be was back in France when he had his original groin injury.  I'm sure he'll do the same again and I couldn't care less where an injured player goes when he's not capable of playing for us.  I would actually prefer a player to go where he'd prefer to be as it can only assist in his recovery if he's feeling more positive.  Shearer when captain had a major operation in America to save his career and was photographed on holiday on a jet ski while his leg was in some form of medical brace.  :lol:

Mick's posts are the ultimate in being tenuous to irrelevant when his argument hits a wall, like. Shearer on a Jet Ski, ffs. :lol:

Anyway, I think a lot of this discussion comes down to differing notions of what a club captain should be. Each to their own. Pretty sad what people are prepared to accept, though.

The whole thing looks worse for Coloccini because home for him is thousands of miles away. As Mick rightly pointed, HBA has been home on numerous occasions while he's been out, Cabaye returned to France...there'll no doubt have been several other instances.

Think people are making a big thing over fuck all tbh.

Mick's posts are the ultimate in being tenuous to irrelevant when his argument hits a wall, like. Shearer on a Jet Ski, ffs. :lol:

Anyway, I think a lot of this discussion comes down to differing notions of what a club captain should be. Each to their own. Pretty sad what people are prepared to accept, though.

Agree with this fwiw.

Guest frazernufc

Feel that if Taylor wasnt English he wouldnt of got in the team next to M'biwa and Colo when M'biwa first arrived, but hes certainly proved himself to be important and worthy of his spot. I'd be tempted to play Coloccini in Tiotes place for a game or two just to kept the partnership at the back and play Colo at the same time.

Feel that if Taylor wasnt English he wouldnt of got in the team next to M'biwa and Colo when M'biwa first arrived, but hes certainly proved himself to be important and worthy of his spot. I'd be tempted to play Coloccini in Tiotes place for a game or two just to kept the partnership at the back and play Colo at the same time.

Not this shit again :facepalm:

Our former club captain put his career at risk on a Jet Ski while recuperating from injury and I don't remember people complaining about it.  Our current club captain goes home while recuperating from injury and he's the new anti-Christ.

I can't wait to hear the uproar when our future captain goes home if injured because nobody will have double standards, will they?

Guest frazernufc

Not this s*** again :facepalm:

As a possibility it makes sense , hes not here forever and we need to make the most of him we can and if Pardew doesnt want to play him CB i'd be more than happy with him at DM.

Our former club captain put his career at risk on a Jet Ski while recuperating from injury and I don't remember people complaining about it.  Our current club captain goes home while recuperating from injury and he's the new anti-Christ.

I can't wait to hear the uproar when our future captain goes home if injured because nobody will have double standards, will they?

:thup:

He doesn't really have a choice about honouring his contract does he? Unless he is happy to not be paid.

So he does have a choice.

Okay if we are being pedantic, he doesn't have a choice in honouring his contract unless he wants to give up millions in wages and the very real prospect of being sued for breaching it.

FWIW I have never questioned his attitude on the pitch even if his performances this season are below his usually high standard. I just don't think he can complain if the captaincy and place in the team go to those more committed to the club. I certainly don't think It's harsh if either of these things happen.

Don't play dumb Mick. There's a lot more to it than just going home when he's injured, and no-one's called him the anti-christ, merely questioned his commitment for obvious reasons.

Colo's been poor for the majority of this season. IMO part of it must be down to his "issues" and wanting to leave.

"He's done nothing wrong" is laughable.

But, but he has curly hair!  :'(  :weep: