Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Slight silver lining in that Mapou will now get the opportunity develop alongside a more physical partner for a while. Slight.

I wouldn't call that a slight silver lining at all. In theory, Taylor and Mbiwa look a more natural partnership, and they could be here for years to come unlike Colo. We just need Taylor to stay fit and for them to work together as well in practice as they could in theory.

Dunno about you but MYM reads a game pretty darn well for me. The only thing he's lacking now is adapting to his back four and this league.

NO he doesn't man. He often has to use pace to cover for his mistakes. I've also never sen a CB run away from defending.

To be fair, there have been examples of both, so consistency seems to be the biggest problem so far. In the Liverpool match before his sending off, his anticipation was excellent.

Guest firetotheworks

The only slight advantage that I can see in this is that it may force our hand to buy a centre back in January. Even then it's one of the most ridiculous ways of looking at it considering that we should not only have brought someone in in the summer, but that it's a lesson that should have been learned from the last time Ashley tried to get away with not buying anyone.

Mapou reads the game brilliantly man, come on. His play in France is absolutely full of interceptions and great moves out from defence.

He's not in France now....and he DOES use his pace to try to cover his mistakes. Didn't work on Saturday....

He may improve but he is 24 now - if Good was shoved into the side and made some of the mistakes MYM has made, people would say he was crap ...yet he is 4 years younger than MYM.

Guest firetotheworks

Mapou reads the game brilliantly man, come on. His play in France is absolutely full of interceptions and great moves out from defence.

He's not in France now....and he DOES use his pace to try to cover his mistakes. Didn't work on Saturday....

He may improve but he is 24 now - if Good was shoved into the side and made some of the mistakes MYM has made, people would say he was crap ...yet he is 4 years younger than MYM.

I don't think any of that's true like. Dummet is inexperienced at football at this level and MYM is inexperienced at football in this country. The difference is that one of them has won in a competitive league and the other is just coming through the ranks. The comparison is moot imo, but both need time for different reasons.

I'm not really sure what all the panicking is over. Every club is going to have to deal with injuries and at least we've got three other fairly competent CB's who can step in. Also laughable that Colo's now being written off as a crock because he's had a couple of injuries in the past 12 months. It might have nothing to do with his age for all we know.

A mate told me he had heard something about Colo being until the New Year. Anyone heard owt?

Mackem rumour.

Aye

Awesome, so glad you were right.  Medal is in the post. Well done son, well fucking done.

Dunno about you but MYM reads a game pretty darn well for me. The only thing he's lacking now is adapting to his back four and this league.

NO he doesn't man. He often has to use pace to cover for his mistakes. I've also never sen a CB run away from defending.

:lol: do you rate anyone that plays for us? MYM reads the game fine

I've said it before. I rate most of the key players in our spine and if they play well for most of the season we will finish in the top half. Krul, Colo, Cabaye, Remy & HBA are excellent players. Gouffran is an excellent member of the team. I like Debuchy when he concentrates on defending etc.

You notice MYM is very fast over 20 metres a lot. He uses his pace to nick the ball. His reading of the game isn't very poor or anything but it's not a noticeable strength like people keep saying. His pace, agility and athleticism is a great strength at the back. He doesn't read the game like Colo or something.

He wasn't aware Tiote was so deep. That was a mistake in itself. It's not like Debuchy or someone was playing Suarez onside. Tiote was behind MYM.

But anyway.. his reading of the game isn't very poor. It's just not a significant strength. The pace to recover from any small mistake in reading however is. And it's not a bad thing, it wasn't until their late 20's and early 30's that Sol Campbell and Rio Ferdinand learned to become excellent readers of the game.

I seem to recall Good having a pretty solid game when he last played for us, so he'll be a canny last resort at least. He's obviously young but who knows, he may well do a job for us if called upon.

Either way, we all know we should've got 1 cb in the summer, but JFK knows best of course.

Guest icemanblue

I seem to recall Good having a pretty solid game when he last played for us, so he'll be a canny last resort at least.

As a sub against Morecambe? :lol:

:lol: Absolute faith that you're right, 100% of the time. Makes it even funnier when you're wrong.

I seem to recall Good having a pretty solid game when he last played for us, so he'll be a canny last resort at least.

As a sub against Morecambe? :lol:

He started that game fwiw

He did? Forgive me, I didn't see it. Still, a League Two side. It would be fairly horrifying if he didn't have a solid game against them.