Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Fabricio Coloccini puts end to Newcastle quit speculation

FABRICIO COLOCCINI has quashed speculation he could leave Newcastle United, insisting he's happy at the club.

The skipper recently refused to rule out a return back to his boyhood club San Lorenzo, telling Argentinian publication Ole: "You never know what can happen in football.

"In January we did all we could for a possible return to San Lorenzo, but I always made it clear that Newcastle would have the last word.

"The club have invested a lot in me and I must show respect towards them."

The 31-year-old threatened to leave St James' Park in January, however the club blocked a move.

But it seems he is committed to the Magpies in the long-term.

"The press sometimes say things I said months ago, not now," he said.

"I respect the fans. When I go on to the pitch, I always give 100 per cent for this shirt because they give me lots of love, and I have to say thank you."

Coloccini joined Newcastle for £10.3 million from Deportivo La Coruna in the summer of 2008.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/447160/Fabricio-Coloccini-puts-end-to-Newcastle-quit-speculation

Guest icemanblue

Answered a lot of critics today. Magnificent. Didn't put a foot wrong, and was a commanding presence throughout. Shows that the Colo of old is still there.

Guest bimpy474

Answered a lot of critics today. Magnificent. Didn't put a foot wrong, and was a commanding presence throughout. Shows that the Colo of old is still there.

Completely agree with this. He was magnificent.

His critics have mainly been carping about his weakness in the air and lack of pace which if you go by their standards, he never really excelled in anyway. But for a bloke his size, he's pretty decent in the air, and he's got good acceleration over short distances which, combined with his reading of the game,makes him still a very high quality centre half.

Club captain back home on loan at 32. Inspired.

No doubt Mick will want us to retire the armband till he comes back.

Dude....it's his family, man. If true that's hard for him to take, even if it was his mistakes that led to it.

I wouldn't be able to concentrate if my girls were the other side of the world and my marriage was looking really moody. I'd NEED to be there to do what i could to fix things.

Nothing comes before your kids, nothing. And a very close second is your wife and mother to your brood. You have to be there for them. Got to.

If it's his wayward behaviour that has led to the split i still wouldn't judge him. It's easy to judge people when you haven't faced exactly the same temptations as them.

Like Shite.

NUFC come before mine and don't they fucking know it.

Words fail me, man. A captain admitting to the local press he's only here because the club are forcing him to be.

Exactly, I can't believe how much s*** Cabaye gets compared to Colo who openly admits he's only here because he has to be.

:lol:

Cabaye refused to play, he effectively went on strike, Coloccini hasn't done that.

Words fail me, man. A captain admitting to the local press he's only here because the club are forcing him to be.

Exactly, I can't believe how much s*** Cabaye gets compared to Colo who openly admits he's only here because he has to be.

:lol:

Cabaye refused to play, he effectively went on strike, Coloccini hasn't done that.

I honestly cannot see any difference between Colo twisting for a move back to Argentina for free and Cabaye's head being all over the place due to JFK leaking news of a bid from Arsenal.

Both equal imyjh

Today isn't the day for this, so I'll make my point and move on.

a) Cabaye isn't our club captain.

b) There was a club out there actually willing to pay us money for him.

c) Colo's 'family problems' were so serious his father was boasting to the press that he was going to San Lorenzo before we knew a thing.

I honestly cannot see any difference between Colo twisting for a move back to Argentina for free and Cabaye's head being all over the place due to JFK leaking news of a bid from Arsenal.

Both equal imyjh

I think what Cabaye did was worse, Coloccini clearly has family problems and wanted away but accepts that he's staying with us.  I think he cares about the club but cares about his family more, just like most people would.

Today isn't the day for this, so I'll make my point and move on.

a) Cabaye isn't our club captain.

b) There was a club out there actually willing to pay us money for him.

Cabaye was captain in Coloccini's absence and a club being willing to pay money doesn't make an difference.  Neither player was allowed to leave and only one initially accepted that.

Anyway, they are both playing for us now so it doesn't matter in the slightest.

Not for much longer. Though your tune likely won't change a bit.

I'm not even sure what you're on about, I wouldn't have started him in the last 3 games including today but today he played well.