SAFC v NUFC - Saturday Midday KO, not on TV?

Crumpy Gunt

Guest WashyGeordie

Shocking SMB away not on TV, I heard Bruce is behind it.. does not want their thrashing to be on National TV.

More likely to do with ticket sales.

It wasn't on last year at the SOS and they didn't sell out (did they?), so i dunno what's gonna be so different this time 'round, unless it's 'cos they think their top 4 contenders now.

Guest Wearside

Hey Wearside, why do you think it is that Sky wants you no where near there football coverage?

Over the moon,couldn't be happier,the more Saturday 3pm kick offs the better.

The only people complaining will be the SkyBoys who don't go to games.

Hey Wearside, why do you think it is that Sky wants you no where near there football coverage?

Didnt answer my question.

Aye, who needs money...

It doesn't have to be Sky, any broadcaster will do for your lot.

The Sunderland chairman said: "Contrary to the opinion of the advocate general, the illegal showing of Saturday 3pm fixtures involving Sunderland has an extremely detrimental effect on our attendances. I can point to the evidence uncovered by an agency who covertly visited pubs and clubs in our catchment area and witnessed thousands watching the illegal broadcasts. My belief is [that] a significant number of these people are taking the easy option of spending their money in the pub, watching their team, as opposed to supporting their team and helping to create a better atmosphere at the stadium."

Didnt answer my question.

:lol:

That's his modus operandi, man. Dodge the question and/or discussion at hand and go onto something else.

The majority of your fans then.

Guest Geordiesned

Erm, it's not a Saturday 3pm kick off.

The Sunderland chairman said: "Contrary to the opinion of the advocate general, the illegal showing of Saturday 3pm fixtures involving Sunderland has an extremely detrimental effect on our attendances. I can point to the evidence uncovered by an agency who covertly visited pubs and clubs in our catchment area and witnessed thousands watching the illegal broadcasts. My belief is [that] a significant number of these people are taking the easy option of spending their money in the pub, watching their team, as opposed to supporting their team and helping to create a better atmosphere at the stadium."

he probably thinks home taping is killing music as well

Erm, it's not a Saturday 3pm kick off.

Its not but I see a lot of them are kicking off on their forum about sky only having them on once till November, I'd be delighted if that happened to us, the more Saturday afternoon games the better.

I like how they are "spending their money" in the pub instead of "supporting their team". Is it free to attend Sunderland games now?

The Stoke game will be moved as well due to Europa League nights, so for all of these so-called Saturday 3pm games they'll have, 3 of the 13 games will not be, and still only 1 televised, whereas we'll only have 3 less Saturday 3pm kick-offs but are televised for 5 of them...Ouch.

any idea when tickets will go on sale?

My guess is within the next 10 days as they generally want a month prior to the game to arrange travel and sort the tickets out.