Newcastle United 1-4 Liverpool - FT - Entertainers Charity Match

kane2005

Guest rosstoon

Heard 3 things tonight. New chairman as dl is stepping down. New owners and the final one was naming rights to the ground.

It should be called the sbr foundation stand not the sbr. I love sbr but there are more deserving than him.

Either that or the ac9 money is buying someone a new heart.

Guest BooBoo

There's a few people that deserve a stand named after them before SBR.

Indeed, see the other thread.

Joe Harvey should be top of the list.

Guest johnson293

Couple of recent tweets, incl reply from Mark Douglas...

@MsiDouglas hi mate is the big anoun the morro them naming a stand afta sir bob?

@MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

@robo7lee I don't think so. It's not #NUFC, it's an outside PR announcement I think

25 minutes ago

:undecided:

Guest BooBoo

I think Barca would have bigger fish to fry tbh. The other teams would make for a mildly interesting summer event.

Guest sicko2ndbest

SBR was an icon of the game, a supporter done good, always spreading the word of nufc in a good light around the world. Cane back and managed successfully his boyhood club

IMO a stand in his honour is fully justifiable for the contribution he made to no only NUFC but the city asca whole

Guest BooBoo

SBR was an icon of the game, a supporter done good, always spreading the word of nufc in a good light around the world. Cane back and managed successfully his boyhood club

IMO a stand in his honour is fully justifiable for the contribution he made to no only NUFC but the city asca whole

Agree mainly, but I still think Keegan and Harvey made more of a contribution to the club.

Embargoed?

Sometimes people put out a press release with an "embargo" on it -- the information must not be released until such and such a time. It's a way of achieving maximum impact with an announcement. Media companies will not usually break such an embargo because, if they do, they won't be getting any more information or cooperation from the same source.